| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2694 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 108  Next
 Post subject: Re: Baby & Kid Updates Thread
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:11 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

coldandsleepy wrote:
I think early teeth are a mixed blessing... Really hard for you as a parent, but the baby will never remember it! That said, the Magician popped tooth #3 last week... And now suddenly three forking more are coming in at the same time.... Not seeming too awesome right now.

Hey Momo! Glad to hear your little guy is doing well!

Holy crepe. Grey still only has 2! Good luck this week!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:58 pm 
Married to the wolfman

The Magician just squirmed his way halfway across the room in a straight line to get to a toy he wanted. He seems to think you crawl by digging your toes into the floor and whining. But what do I know? It actually seems to be working.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:04 pm 
Semen Strong

The Magician is truly a magician, if he is pulling teeth out at that speed! 6 teeth at 5 months! Leela also just has her 2, though she is drooly and cranky so maybe tooth #3 is on its way. Nice slight of mouth Magician!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:00 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Wtg magician! He has to be fast to keep up with big bro, right?

Seven months for Freya today! Going to have her weighed tomorrow and see what a month (a whole month!) formula free, with solids has yielded. Crawling is just moments away, I think, and at last, she's digging the whole rolling over thing, including trying to roll over while lying down nursing. Oi.

She's still sleeping terribly, awfully, horribly, but we're keeping on. More fun than a barrel of monkeys!

Can't seem to ever ever get pics to work. Trying to grab an appropriate jpg ending link off Flickr. In the meantime:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/iamjen/7439960050
http://www.flickr.com/photos/iamjen/7439956190

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:16 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Today he's been scooting his arms forward, then jumping his lower half. Like a guinea pig or rabbit or something. It's hilarious, and it works. I hope he sticks with this, then I'll have a bunny baby.

Congrats refinnej! I'm excited to hear how her checkup goes too. She looks like she's doing great!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:56 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Updates on the ear infection from hell: we went to the dr yesterday and the original ear is perfect! The other ear has a slight infection. She asked if I wanted antibiotics, I said, let's give it a day and see what happens. I gave him echinacea and today we went back and it is better than yesterday but still a tiny bit infected. He still slept terribly and she looked at his gums, yup, several swollen gums, so we might get more teeth soon (he will be a year in two weeks and we still only have two teeth!). So, we get to go back tomorrow and see if the infection has cleared.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:51 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

littlebear, this crazy left field stuff, and i haven't done it, but i think ill try if we get an ear infection. Breastmilk is supposed to help, in the country i was a peace corps volunteer they would squirt a drop in a babes (or volunteer's) ear.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:57 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I am going to try! I was thinking about that on the way home from the dr today! Maybe that will clear it!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:11 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

thank you for not freaking out, i hope g feels better!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:32 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Sierra had her 1 month check-up today! (We're 2 weeks late on this, because H hurt his back and could barely put on a pair of pants let alone drive a car for a while.) Well, she's grown 2 whole inches since birth and is up to 7lbs 3 oz, which is so crazy teeny but considering that she weighed 5lbs 11 oz when we got home from the hospital and 6lbs 6oz at birth, the dr. had no problem with it. He was also impressed with her "vocal abilities" haha aka screaming bloody murder. She got the 2nd hep b shot and after an initial yelp, went right back to nursing. Anyway, I'm impressed with the fact that my milk is doing its job, I somehow always can't help doubting myself and my body.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:16 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

reffinej:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:00 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Audrey, that's awesome. High five to you and your boobs.

Toothpocalypse 2012 update: tooth #4 is through the gum. We have a front tooth now! Teeth #5-7 all visible under the gum now, hoping they come in quickly before I'm forced to trade baby for some magic beans.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:37 pm 

coldandsleepy wrote:
Audrey, that's awesome. High five to you and your boobs.

Toothpocalypse 2012 update: tooth #4 is through the gum. We have a front tooth now! Teeth #5-7 all visible under the gum now, hoping they come in quickly before I'm forced to trade baby for some magic beans.

That is intense.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:40 pm 
Semen Strong

coldandsleepy wrote:

The Magician is a crafty little dude! I feel your pain - Leela is teething again (top side) and has gone from her usual delightful self to a drooly, crank machine. I adore her, but it sucks to see her in so much discomfort, where it really seems that our days are a cycle of happy and at ease, crying and unhappy, desperate to nurse, asleep. The cycle speeds up as the day goes on and by the end is just horrible for everyone concerned, esp her.

Magic beans you say?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:33 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Would said magic beans relieve toothing pain? If so, I might have a baby to trade too.
Tofulish wrote:
The Magician is a crafty little dude! I feel your pain - Leela is teething again (top side) and has gone from her usual delightful self to a drooly, crank machine. I adore her, but it sucks to see her in so much discomfort, where it really seems that our days are a cycle of happy and at ease, crying and unhappy, desperate to nurse, asleep.

This was our week in a nutshell!
ETA: Except the tooth on top, which I hope doesn't happen for a long, long time...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:39 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

jildez wrote:
littlebear, this crazy left field stuff, and i haven't done it, but i think ill try if we get an ear infection. Breastmilk is supposed to help, in the country i was a peace corps volunteer they would squirt a drop in a babes (or volunteer's) ear.

Yes, try breastmilk! Magic juice cured silas' pink eye twice.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:47 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Kelly wrote:
jildez wrote:

Yes, try breastmilk! Magic juice cured silas' pink eye twice.

I tried, sadly didn't work. We are now on the third round of antibiotics...and on vacation. And he has several swollen gums, so yesterday driving (Grey's least favorite activity) was not very fun. He slept better last night than he has in a long time, and so did I! He is in pretty good spirits despite all the pain he is in. It's so sad though, he will be laughing and smiling and crawling and then stop and start crying. Of course, he is super needy and wanting to nurse and then squirm and nurse and squirm and I want someone else to hold him.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:16 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Poor guy! And poor you. Really hope he feels better quick and you all et to enjoy your vacation!

It couldn't hurt to continue with the breastmilk? I know it did it every few hours for a day or so both times it helped Silas.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:32 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Toothpocalypse 2012 update: after a long night of M gnawing on my boobs, tooth #5 is through the gum! Hallelujah! Just 6 and 7 and then hopefully we'll get a break.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:41 pm 

Whew, but hurrah!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:29 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Wow.. do you have any pics of these teeth?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:36 pm 
Semen Strong

Leela used her first sign! We were in the car going to the beach and she signed that she wanted to eat, so I boobed her. It is so much easier when they can communicate a bit. Excited to see what is next <3!

And OMG 7 teeth?! Magician and C&S we wish you a break from all your toothytroubles.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:25 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Yay T! Go Leela!! I loved it when E started developing signs & words... it really felt like the clouds parted or something. You come to realize that it's not that you're lacking in any way, it really IS super hard to guess the needs/wants of a person who can't confirm or deny anything specific.

Toothpocalypse update: #6 is through! Just #7 to go... I don't see any new lumps or weird things under gum so yeah, fingers crossed.

Kdub, I tried to get a picture of the top ones but can't seem to get one. He just keeps grabbing the phone and trying to put it in his mouth. Babies! ... here's the bottom three though:

With the mirror 3 on top!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:01 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

So cute! I keep thinking if M and Leela ever had a baby, it would come out with braces and a braid :)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:07 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh wow, the Magician is gorgeous! And its so easy to see you in him! I hope Toothpocalypse is winding down. Leela has been unhappy and drooly for days now, but no sign of any impending additions to her upside down bunny look.

And kdub, HA!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2694 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 108  Next