| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 102  Next
 Post subject: Re: Baby & Kid Updates Thread
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:34 pm 
Semen Strong

The tips of Leela's first molar emerged without incident and I thought teething had gone easily. But now the body of her first molar is coming out and she seems to be having a hard time with that - shrieking, not sleeping well etc.

Derp.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:39 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

hugs tofulish. teething is intense sometimes hey?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:51 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Oi. Have you tried Tylenol, etc. yet? Not looking forward to that phase.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:25 pm 
Semen Strong

I was just feeling like a derp because I assumed that teething was over once the pointy bits break through, but there is a lot more tooth to come. And her two top molars are also just breaking through. My teeth hurt just thinking about it.

We will give ibuprofen as needed but we have a history of asthma (i'm asthmatic) so we avoid Tylenol

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:55 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Grey is napping with his hand in his pants/diaper. He loves his penis.

And tofulish, I am so sorry. I am dreading molars.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:43 pm 

Lol. Freya's only just about a month now been interested in her girl parts (still trying to figure out what we're going to call them). She makes very funny faces.

@tofulish, we do ibuprofen too. For my own pain, at least, it works so much better than acetominophen. Hope she's finding some relief. I think about how much my wisdom teeth hurt and I can only imagine what baby teeth must feel like.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:16 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

littlebear wrote:
Grey is napping with his hand in his pants/diaper. He loves his penis.

My husband's 27 and STILL does that (pants, not diaper LOLLLLLL)...

Guys! :p

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:17 pm 

I think Freya might be starting to say "mama". Karl and I both thought we heard it twice tonight when getting ready for bed. I know she's just a year so I was trying not to be too down about it, but when this past week she's starting saying (I kid you not) "poop" when we're changing her diaper..well then I was really ready for mama.

This kid is all kinds of crazy verbal. Latest additions = "titt-tei" (Norwegian for "peekaboo") and "tar" (star, mostly because of the Christmas stars all over lately). This morning, when she was really excited to see her dad after waking, we both could've sworn we heard her say "heddo pappa", but I think we must've just been really tired.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:34 pm 
Semen Strong

Awww! Heddo Pappa! And Mama! Awesome sauce. I think its so cool that the Bean speaks Norwegian!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:30 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Just took the Magician to the doctor because he's been miserable and has had the runs. I thought he must have an ear infection.

The doctor listened to his lungs, they sounded fine. She looked in his nose, and it was gooey but fine. She checked both his ears and they were fine. Finally she said, only one thing left that it could be! And with some great effort, pried open his mouth.

(He is super secretive about the contents of his mouth, always. He is so strong I can rarely get it open myself.)

Turns out he is miserable because he's getting his first molar. At 10 months. He doesn't even have his canines yet. His gum is black and blue and bulging and aw, my poor baby.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:33 pm 
Semen Strong

The Incredible Teething Magician! Poor baby!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:56 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

D is 9 months today. She had her well baby check up and is 20lbs 5oz and 29 1/2 inches. She just cut her first tooth and last night pulled herself up into a standing position by herself. For those of you with two or more...doesn't it seem like it goes by way faster the second time around? It made me so sad when I was scheduling her 12 month checkup. I believe she will be our last baby...and well she isn't going to be a baby much longer! Toddlerhood here we come! It's bittersweet for sure.

Coldandsleepy, I am amazed by Magician's mouth full of teeth!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:00 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

coldandsleepy wrote:
Just took the Magician to the doctor because he's been miserable and has had the runs. I thought he must have an ear infection.

The doctor listened to his lungs, they sounded fine. She looked in his nose, and it was gooey but fine. She checked both his ears and they were fine. Finally she said, only one thing left that it could be! And with some great effort, pried open his mouth.

(He is super secretive about the contents of his mouth, always. He is so strong I can rarely get it open myself.)

Turns out he is miserable because he's getting his first molar. At 10 months. He doesn't even have his canines yet. His gum is black and blue and bulging and aw, my poor baby.

Whoa! I hope that sucker moves quickly! Is that #9?
I am worried Will is on the same track and his mouth is equally Fort Knox-like. He's been funny with his ear, rosy cheek, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:03 pm 
Married to the wolfman

kdub wrote:
Whoa! I hope that sucker moves quickly! Is that #9?
I am worried Will is on the same track and his mouth is equally Fort Knox-like. He's been funny with his ear, rosy cheek, etc.

Yeah, it'll be #9-- he still just has the eight he's had since 6 months. It's weird because the shape of the canines has been visible for soooo long but they haven't come through.

Good luck to Will! I hope if it's a molar, it comes through fast!

I just saw up thread that Leela's getting her first molar too... PPK babies syncing their watches, eh?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:13 pm 
Semen Strong

Can I just say, that the Magician looks so much like you and SO MUCH LIKE A DOLL! He is just such a pretty baby.

This teething thing is not fun. Leela's seem to be a lot easier than M's (no black and blue bruising here) for the moment. I hope things go well for all our molared wee ones!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:21 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Grey only has 7 teeth. I'm kind of, weirdly jealous that you are getting molars. You know when you have a test and you are dreading it so you just want to get it over with? That is how I feel about the molars.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:43 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Tofulish wrote:
Can I just say, that the Magician looks so much like you and SO MUCH LIKE A DOLL! He is just such a pretty baby.

This teething thing is not fun. Leela's seem to be a lot easier than M's (no black and blue bruising here) for the moment. I hope things go well for all our molared wee ones!

Ha ha ha. I think he looks like a doll too! I like to croon to him that he's mother's fake baby.

E had the bruising too, and his bled when they finally came through. He loved having people look in his mouth so I looked in there all the time, and I kinda flipped my shiitake when I saw the bruises, like does my vegan baby have scurvy?!

It's apparently fairly common as the skin gets really thin before the tooth erupts and some babies respond to the pain by just clamping down on whatever they put in their mouth really hard. So hard that they bruise themselves!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:05 am 
Nooch of Earl

I thought the canines were worse for V than the first molars, though I couldn't begin to tell you why.

I'm hoping we have a bit of a break before the second molars start coming in. And kinda hoping they're after V is weaned because the all-night nursing is killer.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:51 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

The canines were worse for Ada too for some reason. But the molars took foooreeever to come in. We had about a two month break between the canine teeth coming in and the now second set of molars coming in. Or at least I think they are coming in. I feel bulges on the bottom and there is definitely extra fussiness and a little biting going on.

I can't believe the Magician is getting molars already!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:06 am 
Nooch of Earl

Really? Poop. I thought we had way longer than that, but it sounds like Vi has been on a similar schedule as Ada. At least it's only 4 more to go....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:21 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Miles's molars are also taking foooorrreeeevvvveerrrr to come in. They've been coming in since he was 12 months. He's 18 months now. Last month his mouth was a bloody mess from one of them. Reno never experienced that. His canines have been threatening to pop through forever it seems and they just aren't. His first set of teeth came so quick and early (4 months). These older kid teeth are taking way too long.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:47 pm 
Married to the wolfman

JENNA, that's terrifying. Six months and counting from the time the molars started coming in??

We've been thinking M's canines are going to pop out "any day now" for almost that long... But they don't seem to be bothering him. The molar is bothering him! I can't handle six months of Crankenbaby. Might have to see if anyone will trade for some magic beans.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:49 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

6 months on and off. He'll have bad days when they are on the move up then he will be fine until they start coming in again. Its annoying.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:46 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Malka had her 15 month well visit today. It wasn't so "well," since she's been sick on and off for about a month now. They decided she was too sick to get the three shots she was due for (her cold is back with a vengeance, or it's a new cold, who the hell knows at this point). On all of her developmental stuff, she's ahead of the curve - says like three dozen words including some signs and a couple words in Hebrew and several two-word phrases, follows simple directions, knows body parts (mind you, she would not demonstrate any of this for the doctor - she cried almost the whole time), walks forward/backward/sideways, runs, climbs, pulls/pushes, the whole bit.

Unfortunately, maybe due to her recurrent illness, which has included a few days of throwing up and weeks of low appetite, she has lost over a pound since her 12 month visit and now she's 20 pounds even. Her height (30") and head circumference (46.7cm) have stayed on curve, but her weight's fallen completely off her curve (and it is definitely NOT her family body type to be skinny). The doc wasn't really that worried because it's normal for toddlers to lose interest in food while still moving a million miles an hour and she's been sick, but I was a little distressed about it. We took my mother out for birthday lunch after the appointment and she helpfully told me I shouldn't worry about it and reminded me that her parents tried to fatten her (she was a preemie) and her sister (just skinny) up as kids and clearly they didn't need the help in the long run, and I was also light at birth and for a couple years, but also clearly didn't need help fattening up, so Malka will be fine and figure out food on her own terms.

We finally got a script for a heel stick/finger prick iron and lead test (we saw an NP this time and she did the "well, especially because of her vegan diet we want to check for anemia" thing, which is the first time we've heard anything like that at this practice and I gave her "fork you" eyes at that), so we'll do that soon, plus a referral to a dermatologist to check out her birth mark properly. I was slightly surprised that we got zero push back about having a non-venipuncture blood test. She thought that was totally fine and that I was being completely reasonable about it - she actually said I could've just done that the first time around and told the lab that's what I wanted when we showed up for the test, but that she explicitly put "heel stick okay" on the script in case they had any questions.

ETA: And she definitely has a few molars back there, but she wouldn't let the doctor look at them either, so nobody knows how many teeth she actually has.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:22 pm 
Saggy Butt

Yay Freya and Malka on developmental milestones! Hopefully Malka feels better soon, that must be so rough for everyone involved. I'm scared reading about all the toothy troubles! Sven hasn't cut a new tooth after the first six in five months or so, so I'm nervous it's going to happen all at once.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2535 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59 ... 102  Next