| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2459 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 99  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Playground randomness thread
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:19 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

refinnej wrote:
Missing daddies is soooo heartbreaking!.

The worst! Sorry mamas!

This never seems to get better. Shae's little heart still breaks at (nearly) age 14 when he hears that his dad has to work late.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:40 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Just had one of those,
"Hey, are you in here?"
*voice from behind the curtain* "...No."
moments with Raygold. ;p

As for working daddies, I hated it when my dad went to work when I was really little. I wanted him to stay home and hang out with me!

Raygold is such a momma's boy, he doesn't care whether Mr Crabby is here or not, but when I left for my midwife appointment on Wednesday, he was absolutely in pieces when I left without him and wouldn't even wave goodbye from the window! Beetroot will ask when Mr Crabby is due to return, but doesn't usually get too mopey about it. I'd like to say it's because I'm so super fabulous, but I think Beet is just really independent.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:15 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Has anyone else ever happened to take their kid snow tubing at Camelback mountain?

I was so stoked to go today because I am completely sick of being cooped up in the house. It said on their website kids 33" and up could go in a double tube with their parents.

Well what a mistake that was!! It was SO FAST. When I say I was FLYING down the mountain, I am not kidding. They must have screws loose to think it is safe for a 2 year old!! I thought it would be a much smaller hill, or they'd have a few shorter runs or something.

Kai made it down twice, I'll give him that, he's a brave kid - but then started to cry. We drove 2 hours to get there and wasted so much money. I don't think I'd even try taking him back until he's 4.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:31 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh Aubade, that sucks! Sorry it was stressful rather than fun. Thanks for the heads up. It sounds like a great place for when the kids are a bit older.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:01 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Hahaha beanpole baby is 34", so nobody tell my husband. I can see him thinking snow tubing was totally appropriate!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:34 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

At almost 8 months postpartum, my linea nigra is finally starting to fade. I loved being pregnant and this makes me so sad! Am I a total weirdo or do other people mourn the loss of their line?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:39 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I never get the line and feel really ripped off!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:25 am 
Seagull of the PPK

mooo wrote:
At almost 8 months postpartum, my linea nigra is finally starting to fade. I loved being pregnant and this makes me so sad! Am I a total weirdo or do other people mourn the loss of their line?

totally! hell, i still miss BF!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:03 am 
Seagull of the PPK

I am not sure where to post this, but i feel like it needs to be posted somewhere....
FC yesterday got all serious and almost teary and said "i think i need to tell you something" and i was starting to get that dread-y feeling.... then she says "I think i like girls". I said "well, there's nothing wrong with that" (and that's absolutely the way i've raised her, to the point that i wanted to say "do you think you really need to explain your sexuality to me" but didn't, as i know she's got her reasons for wanting to share)....and that was that. (I also mentioned, later, because i don't want to minimize her pronouncement, that she's also got plenty of time to define herself and explore her own preferences.)
Anyway, so, well, duly noted.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:38 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

torque wrote:
I am not sure where to post this, but i feel like it needs to be posted somewhere....
FC yesterday got all serious and almost teary and said "i think i need to tell you something" and i was starting to get that dread-y feeling.... then she says "I think i like girls". I said "well, there's nothing wrong with that" (and that's absolutely the way i've raised her, to the point that i wanted to say "do you think you really need to explain your sexuality to me" but didn't, as i know she's got her reasons for wanting to share)....and that was that. (I also mentioned, later, because i don't want to minimize her pronouncement, that she's also got plenty of time to define herself and explore her own preferences.)

What an awesome mom you are! She was probably so relieved to hear you say you were fine with it!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:39 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

torque wrote:

awww, that was an awesome bonding moment. :) I'm glad it went well!

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:02 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Torque, you are the best mom! That probably felt so good for FC to be able to get that off her chest and be accepted so easily.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:03 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

torque wrote:
mooo wrote:

totally! hell, i still miss BF!

I miss baby wearing! BF ran it's course with me, but it kills me not be able to wear a baby in a sling.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:35 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Um, so, I know someone in labor right now that "didn't know" she was pregnant at all until a few hours ago. Called her husband from the hospital this morning and said "Don't go to work, come to the hospital, I'm having a baby.".

I guess that is an actual thing that happens.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:41 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

OMG, Kelly! Why do I find stuff like that so hilarious and fascinating?! I want to know what the parents are going to do now!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:44 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Torque - I hope I can be like you as a mom when I grow up. (Or, more accurately, when my toddlers become more grown up!)

And seriously Kelly?! That's amazing. And crazy.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:02 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Apparently they are going to pretend they knew all along? And I'm not supposed to tell anyone it was a total shock? I don't even know.

The baby is healthy and almost 7 lbs. HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THERE IS A 7 LB HUMAN INSIDE OF YOU?!

(They also have a 4 year old! They know how this whole process works!)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:44 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

how is this possible?? if you had a baby before, i can't believe you'd feel movement and just be like "oh, gas". I felt fetal movement from REALLY EARLY, and as vegans, we all KNOW from gas, amirite?

However, amazement aside, I am glad your friend is all right. I am sitting here trying to imagine why she went to the hospital.... I can only imagine how terrifying it would be to experience labor symptoms (general malaise! huge mucus plug! showers of water! horrible back pain! what the hell is happening to my abdomen!) if you didn't know you were having a baby.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:34 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I think once the mucous plug, back pain, and water happened, you'd probably know what was going on (if you've done it before). They say some people don't feel fetal movement at all (anterior placenta, maybe just low sensitivity to touch in that area?) and if you carry in a way that you gain weight all over you might not notice getting a bigger belly. And if you're really overweight to begin with, you might not get a bigger belly at all. Hard to imagine for myself, though. The lack of periods would be a giveaway.

Torque - yay for you and yay for FC for being brave and wanting to talk to you!

I miss being pregnant sometimes, but I would be extremely overjoyed if some of my pregnancy body would GO AWAY already.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 2:58 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Omg, real life pants baby. Awesome.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:06 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

AMAZING. Terrifying, but amazing!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:31 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

That is awesome Kelly! :)

Torque, what an amazing moment. Hope this helps cement that "I love you no matter what" idea in her head. :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:24 pm 
Semen Strong

I watched an episode of some show where the woman didn't know she was pregnant until she started to give birth in the toilet - she thought she had food poisoning until she saw the baby on the bathmat. She was overweight and had been on a diet, and frustrated that she wasn't losing weight and attributed her lack of a period to the diet. She seemed like a normal, smart woman and so was her partner. Their community pulled together a last minute babyshower to get them stuff for the baby because they had nothing and babies weren't on the horizon for them. Despite being born in such bad circumstances with no prenatal care, their kid was perfectly healthy. She said that was the worst part - feeling like for 9 months she had failed her child and he might be permanently damaged because she didn't eat properly etc.

Torque you are the best.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:58 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

torque wrote:

Yay! :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:38 pm 
Semen Strong

Fuckityfucksticks!

A megastorm stuck inside with a toddler missing her Dad and a hyperdog who wants to go out. Please don't let the next 2 days suck too much.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2459 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 99  Next