| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2871 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Playground randomness thread
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:41 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Yeah, it's weird -- my kids are way crappier and more disrespectful to me than Mr. Crabby, but they also say I'm their best friend. Beetroot says I am the only thing he loves more than trains (!!) and Raygold straight out says he doesn't like Mr. Crabby (even though he does).
Vax sleeps WAY better now that he has been sleeping with Mr. Crabby (and so do I), although Mr. Crabby says Vax has started to "hold" (pull) his hair. Mr. Crabby is fairly bald on top, though, so getting the rest of his hair pulled out isn't as problematic as Vax tugging out all my (fine and not especially thick) hair.

I'm so glad you had a great trip!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:12 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Sebastian does that to me too. My husband says he is a happy camper all day long, as soon as I walk to the door he starts whining and crying and whimpering and has to be held and cossetted all evening long. I guess this is how we bond...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:16 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

the week of punishment for going away continues. today is just as bad if not worse than Tuesday. yesterday was ok because i was at work and she was at my parents for the day :-P

today has been a non stop scream fest.

i had to drag her literally shrieking out of the house and shove her forcefully into her carseat to go to her OT appt (BTW whom she LOVES)
we went to a couple places after and it was just large amounts of freaking out and screaming at me.

me being gone for the weekend and the fact that she is terrified of school coming up has created a caramel cluster of awfulness.
we're supposed to be going to visit my in laws in NY for the last time before they move to NC this weekend and everytime we mention it she freaks out and screams she has to stay home.

fun times ahead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:18 pm 
Semen Strong

Ugh, I feel your pain. So sorry LP. Maybe you can get Mr P to take her and escape the screaming? I kid. Mostly.

Screaming is my least favorite thing. After vomit. And poopsplosions.

THROW A forking YAM IN THE OVEN ITS forking CHRISTMAS - LisaPunk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:32 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Oh, LisaPunk, I am in the same boat. The one where you know that your kid is dealing with some stress and emotional stuff, but all you want is for them to stop being so awful.

We are 3 days away from moving into our new home, and I am so hoping that then tiny wu will start settling down and stop losing it all the time. It has been a tough year-- trip to the US at Christmastime, Mr. Scandi away for a month doing job interviews, mini wu arriving, and then moving out of Denmark and spending the past month with family. There has been so much change and I get that it is stressful and TW needs to feel like she's got control over something in her life. But my goodness, the daily screamfests are doing me in.

Mama solidarity! (And I'm glad the trip was fun).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:47 am 
Semen Strong

I hope your transition becomes more peaceful and easy soon Scandi! It's so hard to get stuff done with all the screaming. Sometimes I leave the house having forgotten a bewildering array of things!

Sometimes when people say "Treasure Every Moment!" I want to lock them in a room with a tape of screaming on a loop. Treasure this, muthatruckers

THROW A forking YAM IN THE OVEN ITS forking CHRISTMAS - LisaPunk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:13 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Tofulish wrote:
Sometimes when people say "Treasure Every Moment!" I want to lock them in a room with a tape of screaming on a loop. Treasure this, muthatruckers

Yes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:59 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

rebeccaxx wrote:
Tofulish wrote:

Yes.

So much yes.

Hugs SV and LP!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:25 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

oh SV i hope the move went well. i know that would be super stressful even without little ones.
they're at such a funny age where they can understand so much but also not understand and also, at least with BP, she's super verbal but cant always verbalize what she's feeling.

and the "treasure every moment" people can go hang out with the "you're going to miss this one day" people
AHHHHHHHH

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:51 pm 

Well, I guess we are kind of moved in! We are attempting to live in the house, anyway, though the ship from DK won't arrive with all our belongings for another week or two. TW is actually super excited about having her own room and has been sleeping in there pretty well. I hope that sticks.

Now I am working on Project: Preschool. We're visiting two places this week. One can only wait list her for now, but I suspect it is the better fit. It's a play-based parent involvement preschool and would be 3 mornings a week. I'd be there one morning each week with her. The other could get her in next month, most likely, but only 2 mornings, no parents, and possibly a more academic slant. So I should probably just reserve judgement til after seeing them.

TW will be 4 next month and I'm ready and not ready to give up having her all the time, trying though she can be!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:35 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Scarlett's preschool has a different theme every month, and this month it's super heroes. Today they were supposed to bring in a picture of someone they chose as their hero. Every single kid but one chose a parent or older sibling, which was really cute (Scarlett chose daddy). And then there was the one kid who chose her "finding dory bandaid" as her hero. We recently took Scarlett to her first movie theater movie, which was "Finding Dory", and she has since been begging us to buy her branded bandaids when she spots them at the store. The kid with the finding dory bandaid hero was totally her hero. (And she actually brought in a picture of a finding dory bandaid.)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:07 am 
Inflexitarian

haha mooo that is totally adorable!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:25 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I woke up with a super sore throat and feel kind of like a zombie. This is usually the first sign of a cold or flu for me.

I haven't had a flu shot yet - I was going to try to get it at my appointment next week. So god damn it, I hope I don't have the flu!

I decided to WebMD my symptoms earlier. Don't. . . do that. . . It was helpful in telling me that the main difference between a cold and flu, symptom-wise, is fever and related symptoms. So that was helpful! It confirmed my suspicions: no need to be scared until I get a fever.

However, it also told me that a flu can be life-threatening in pregnant people, so now I'm pretty freaked out. Life-threatening for me? For the fetus? Both, probably? YIKES??!?

Also: Finding Dory bandaid hero kid is my hero.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:07 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

ALSO: I just realized that it's been close to 4 months since I've had a period and if that's not rad, I don't know what is.

I dread the postpartum bleeding. We're not thinking about postpartum bleeding.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:27 am 

I have gotten the flu every single time I've been pregnant (4x)! I think the foetuses are generally fine and the only reason preggos are at a higher risk is because some people have other health issues during pregnancy (I knew a girl who was hospitalised during all 3 of her pregnancies and had to hire an au pair during her last one because she was in the hospital and couldn't take care of the kids for over 3 months).

I dread postpartum bleeding, but it's really only the first week that's REALLY heavy. If you breastfeed, you might get lucky (or unlucky if you want more kids immediately) and not have periods for ages (and then have longer cycles after that). I didn't have a period for 11 months, 19 months, and 11 months after my pregnancies. (I've had 32 periods in the last 9 years.) I'm probably done having kids after this guy, so I'm looking forward to not having periods for another year or so. :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:40 am 

Post partum bleeding sucked but I still don't have a period and my kid is almost 14 months old. So I haven't had a period since October 2014. I'm starting to wonder if I should go to the doctor but we still nurse all damn night so maybe it's normal? I'm not trying to get pregnant (HA HA HA) so it's not a huge deal to me. Except that I live in terror of my period just randomly appearing someday when I'm out and about.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:27 am 

It's totally normal, lobsterriffic! Like I said, one of the times, I went 19 months (after the birth) without a period. A friend of mine weaned at 2 years and still didn't get her periods back for a few months. And my cousin regularly goes 2-ish years without getting hers, too.

I could tell my cycles were going to start up again because my cervical fluid became heavier.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:44 am 

Thanks! That makes me feel better.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:06 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

my period came back 15 months PP and i was PISSED. BP was exclusively breastfed til age 2ish since she wouldnt eat and still nursed a ton after that so i thought it was B.S. when my period came back. i think it falls into the "everyone's body is different" category

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:31 pm 

I haven't had a period since January 2012, right before getting pregnant with tiny wu. When she turned two and I still hadn't started again I did go to the doctor -- but after a pretty basic checkup and pelvic exam, she just recommended weaning TW and trying to gain some weight. Then I got pregnant with mini wu the first time I ovulated, which would have been about 2 years and 7 months postpartum.

Also, postpartum bleeding was way, way lighter for me the second time around. My midwife said I lost a lot of blood in labor so that was both good and unsurprising. So, if you lose a lot of blood in labor you might not have much postpartum bleeding to deal with!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:32 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

16 months post partum for me and still no periods. I have noticed some cervical fluid changes so I think my body is trying and failing right now.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:43 am 

ScandinaVegan wrote:
Also, postpartum bleeding was way, way lighter for me the second time around. My midwife said I lost a lot of blood in labor so that was both good and unsurprising. So, if you lose a lot of blood in labor you might not have much postpartum bleeding to deal with!

Oh, gosh, yeah! I haemorrhaged after I had Reggie and my pp bleeding was MUCH lighter. Which doesn't make sense to me, because I figured the extra blood came from where the placenta had come off and that most of pp bleeding was the...endometrium? But whatever! It was a lot lighter.

The first day or two is insane. I ordered a free sample of Tena pants (essentially an adult diaper) since I have to take public transport (for an hour and a half) home.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:30 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Yes not having a period was one of the best side effects of pregnancy! I got mine back around 4 months pp though, despite exclusive breastfeeding. Sad face.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:25 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Good to know flus can be just fine with preggos. My cold hasn't progressed much, so I think it's truly just a minor cold. I slept about 12 of the last 24 hours, which will probably help me out later. I might have a slight fever? I'm not worried enough to take my temp (I have no idea where I left the thermometer), but I have been reacting to temperatures in ways other people are not. I doubt I'm anything over 100, so whatever.

I think what terrifies me about postpartum bleeding is the whole Shittake in the Vagina ban. I haven't gone insertless for a period in years. Even tampons aren't reliable enough for me. . . I'm spoiled by my cup. I don't look forward to bleeding all over everything. Blah!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:28 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I also got my period back early despite breastfeeding constantly. BUT the good thing was that I used to have pretty awful cramps, but after having a baby I have had super light and painless periods! And that's despite having a copper IUD which usually makes them worse. So I kind of don't mind my period anymore, strangely. I also had pretty light postpartum bleeding for only a week or two. But yeah, the pads suck. I definitely recommend investing in organic cotton pads if you are at all prone to sensitive skin because a lot of people get irritated from using pads for a prolonged time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2871 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115  Next