| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2352 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 95  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Playground randomness thread
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:37 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

8ball wrote:
This morning BG was lying on the sofa with his hands down the front of his bottoms, then complained about his penis sticking up. I just told him that if he kept poking it he might make it sore.

I'm not ready for this part of development!!! What do you do when a boy starts noticing a new function his genitalia can perform?! We want to teach him healthy habits and don't want to start planting seeds for future thoughts about sex and stroganoff being dirty or wrong.

No advice here, but one time Raygold had been fiddling with himself and then shouted, "OH, NO!!!! Penis bigger!!!!!" Like it was the worst. thing. ever. I just told him to leave it alone and it would go back to it's regular size. He was SO relieved.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:05 pm 
Impressive boner

Mr8 had a chat with BG's Mum, she's been dealing with it by trying to teach him that it's fine in private but he could get into trouble if he plays with it in public.

I can't help but giggle about it now, I'm so puerile at times.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:59 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I kind of like the idea of getting these discussions out of the way when kids are really young and innocent. Plus, it makes for some fun errors in memory, like when Beetroot was talking about how baby Vax is going to come out of my garage. (He's not wrong -- I mean, it *is* my third kid.) ;D

My mom said a few days after I learned about the birds and the bees, I'd eaten bean sprouts, which I, apparently, didn't chew because I ran out of the bathroom screaming that I'd pooped out all my eggs.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:17 pm 
And you never will.

Well, I've made it two full days going it alone now. I haven't hit my busiest days yet, but we have had a lot of running around to do and it's been fine. In fact, I keep forgetting that mr. poopie is gone. I expected poopieboy to ask about him more, but he doesn't seem to notice either until bedtime when he would normally say goodnight (but he doesn't get upset, I just have to remind him). The only time I've really noticed is once today when I really wanted to just run to the store for something without having to load/unload poopieboy, and it would have been nice to be able to ask mr. poopie to watch him for a few minutes so I could. I even managed to get the dishes done, wash the nappies, and tidy/sweep the house. Now if this headache would just go away (it's due to my period starting today. Thanks body, great timing).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:16 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Grey has always played with his oenis since he figured out he has hands, and when it gets big he touches it and giggles, it kind of creeps me out. There was a period of time when he always had his hands down his pants, so he had to wear overalls for a while. Dring that period we also noticed that his diaper was leaking all the time, we tried different diapers and then realized it was because he wore two piece pajamas and had his hands down his pants and would pee out of his diapers. Now he wears a one piece. W have already told him that it is ok to touch his penis, he just has to do it at home. I cannot believe I am already having this conversation with my 21 month old.

Nate just left for Arizona. I'm on my own until Thursday when my mom gets here. Luckily we can now afford childcare, so I need to get a few hours each day lined up. Pb, I feel for yo and I hope everything goes smoothly.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:43 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

We finally turned Inez's car seat forward facing and she is cracking me up. It's a whole new world! Our drive to the library this morning was a constant stream of, "Hi, car! Hiiiii! Mama, wave that car! Ooh, a truck! Follow that truck! A sign! A black sign! Hey! Horses! Hi, car!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:52 pm 
Semen Strong

Crabby, you're hilarious! Love all the stories!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:43 pm 
Nooch of Earl

V is yell-y today, because I'm trying to clean up the house a little bit (hosting people tomorrow, I think, plus my sister's coming to visit on Wednesday). I just want to curl up and nap. Not gonna happen. I hate living in a sty and I can't get up the energy to spend the little time I have where v is asleep but I'm not cleaning. Can't really pay somebody to do it because it's mostly decluttering, and it's a daily thing to keep up with anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:59 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

ooof H just called to inform me that D just vomited all over the place. She's never done anything like that before and was so upset. Now I'm worried about the cause - she ate the same tofu scramble that he did and he's fine and Sierra had a little of it and is fine as well. I hope it's just some kind of stomach bug, I have no idea how to handle a puky toddler at all.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:14 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh no! Poor D! The stomach bug we had was the worst, and I think Ariann's Malka has something similar at the moment, and it is just no fun at all.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:25 pm 

yeah I'm leaning towards not sending her to school in the morning. And she should just eat toast or whatever tonight, right? If that, I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:29 pm 
Semen Strong

We debated the BRAT diet in one of the threads and I think the consensus was that it made sense to do that while they were still feeling ill and then go back to bland normal food as they started to heal. Poor D, its no fun to be sick. Hope everyone feels better soon!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:31 pm 

There has been a nasty stomach bug going around my school since last week. I know we are not in the same neighborhood but just thought I'd throw that out there. I have been secretly sort of wanting to get it so I don't have to go to work (I don't really want it but that's how much I'm loving my job lately). I hope D is feeling better soon.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:53 pm 
And you never will.

You guys, I'm kind of starting to panic. The cafe just placed their order for Wednesday, and it's big:

1 dozen brownies
1 dozen whoopie pies
2 dozen cinnamon rolls
1 caramel apple pie
1 strawberry cheesecake
1 strawberry cream layer cake
1 chocolate kahlua layer cake
1 dozen vanilla lavender cupcakes
1 dozen fauxstess cupcakes
1 boston creme cake pie
and a 1/2 sheet cake + a 1 layer round cake for a birthday.

Then three people have donated money for ingredients for me to bake for our bake sale Friday evening (which I'm also working), so that will probably take me all Thursday/Friday, then an order for 1 dozen cupcakes for Saturday morning before I drive to Nashville to pick up mr poopie. I'm not sure I'm going to make it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:02 pm 

Ack! I wish I could come help you. That is a buttload of baking! Can you make something super, super simple for the bake sale stuff or do the people donating specify what you're supposed to make?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:55 pm 
And you never will.

I wish you could come help me too! <3

They didn't specify, but I really want to do some nice stuff (but I will definitely have to keep it simple because I just won't have time). I'll probably just do larger batches of less things instead of smaller batches of larger variety (if that makes sense?).

And I remembered a little while ago that I have to drive Peter across town tomorrow to get his hair cut, after finishing the shopping for these orders. Sigh and ugh.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:59 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Audrey, that sucks. Malka has been sick with a stomach bug for a week and a half, just getting better now. It started with a full night of puking, then a daily 1-3 pukes and then a few days in she added lots of diarrhea. She got up to like 12 instances of diarrhea in one day at the worst. It was insane. Her tush was horribly raw. We had to change both her sheets and ours every night, because she would reliably wake up to puke an hour after being put to bed each night, then come into our bed and we'd wake up with liquid shiitake leaking from her diaper. The past two nights have been barf free and it's revelatory. The pediatrician said she has been seeing a lot of this and that our case isn't even that long compared to what's going around.

If you can, take this opportunity to teach her how to throw up in the toilet and that she doesn't have to get you to help her if she needs to throw up - you will hear her and come. I had cyclical vomiting as a child and my mother trained me to throw up in a giant punch bowl if I couldn't make it to the bathroom.

I think for vomiting she should eat whatever she thinks she will keep down (since she is old enough to communicate her nausea probably) and focus on starchy things. What's more important is making sure she's drinking enough and not just water.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:40 am 

oh gosh Ariann that sounds worse than anything ever. I'm so sorry you guys have been going through that!
the vomiting appears to be over, it happened twice yesterday but nothing since. This morning she choked down a piece of toast and a little bit of applesauce but just has zero appetite. I know not to push food on her, and we've just told her that if there's anything she feels like eating, to let us know. She's drinking a little water, but not much, and I don't know what else to offer her to drink.
What's crazy is how mellow she is, she's literally just laying around and not interested in playing, so I know she's not feeling well! It's so pathetic though, and I really wish I could be home with her. Fingers mega-crossed that Sierra and Howard don't get it!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:57 pm 
***LIES!!!***

You could try coconut water, juice (not apple, that can make things worse), weak tea with sugar.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:57 pm 
***LIES!!!***

You could try coconut water, juice (not apple, that can make things worse), weak tea with sugar.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:03 pm 

ah coconut water, I forgot about that! good idea. The only juice she's ever had is orange and I don't think that would feel too great to an upset stomach. Sometimes she likes that Candy Cane Lane tea (hmm and it has peppermint so that might be soothing.) Gonna bring home some ice pops and bananas too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:13 am 
And you never will.

You guys, I rocked it so hard today, but man am I tired. After I fed Peter breakfast, we went to the bank, stopped off at Starbucks to split a smoothie, visited three different stores for ingredients, went home and ate lunch, Peter took a nap while I started baking, after he woke up I drove him across town to get his hair cut (which turned into a 2 hour trip), came home and cooked dinner, after we ate I played with Peter, got him ready for bed and read him four books, put him to bed, and finished my to-do list for today. All together I made a strawberry-topped cheesecake, a Boston creme cake pie, a dozen brownies, a dozen whoopie pies, four double-batches of icing, the dough for a double pie crust, and I made two dozen cinnamon rolls that are slow-rising in the fridge to be baked tomorrow. And I washed all the dishes. And it's only midnight! I didn't get the living area tidied today, but oh well. I'm too tired to do it now.

Now if I can just survive tomorrow, and Thursday, and Friday...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:59 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Jeez, Poopie, you didn't get the living room tidied? You lazy slacker!

Just kidding -- you go girl! I can't even imagine getting that much baking done these days! Also, mmmmmmm. Now I am starving for all those baked goods.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:53 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Oh my goodness, PB, you are amazing! Wow!

And what, was Monday International Vomit Day? We went to the dentist (just an informational meeting for new parents in our county) and decided to go say hi to Mr Scandi since we were already on campus. We walked into his office; he picked up tiny wu, and she puked hugely all over him. Happily tw has been fine since, but poor Mr. Scandi had to wear his coat, sans shirt, for the rest of the work-day.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:22 am 
Semen Strong

Oh poopie, you have superpowers, don't you? I am in awe. I hope things go well for the next few days and that when Mr P comes home you get to treat yourself to something nice, in a quiet space which recharges you. When B goes away for a few days, sometimes I fantasize about a meal alone at our vegan-friendly diner. It becomes my happy place in my head as the chaos descends.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2352 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60 ... 95  Next