| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Playground randomness thread
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:53 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Yeah, I shoulda put that in the earlier post. I don't post my real surname on forums either. (Well, I did back in like 1997, but I'm smarter now :D)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:53 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I'm on there, my user profile has a link to my Facebook!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:06 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

So the weirdest thing happened with Kai 2 nights ago. My cousin got him this leapfrog talking book, Goodnight Scout, a long time ago. From around 6 - 12 months old he loved this thing, and would play with it all the time. Then, he hasn't been using it for the past few months, I guess because he got some new toys, so it fell down in the bottom of the toy box and stayed there. The other night I took it out, and he turned a page and pressed a button and all of a sudden started hysterical crying! And I mean hysterical, with big huge sobs and tears rolling down his face. He was inconsolable for several minutes, which is really very rare for him. Even when he falls or something, he cries for a second then stops.

Finally he calms down, and I got worried that maybe it wasn't just the book, maybe something else was wrong with him that I didn't see. So a couple minutes later I took the book out again, and sure enough, the second he touches it he starts hysterical crying again! He didn't cry as long this time, but still pretty bad. I've never seen him do something like that. And he used to love that toy! What could have happened?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:10 pm 
Nooch of Earl

bap wrote:
I'm on there, my user profile has a link to my Facebook!

Does this mean bap gives out full size Jokerz bars for Halloween? ROAD TRIP

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:34 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Haha, upon actually clicking, my profile has a link to mark zuckwhatever's Facebook page. Who knew?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:34 pm 

OMG! Freya slept in a bed by herself for like an hour. (seriously, our max before was like, um, eight minutes). Hoping that it's not that she's fighting a cold. Woke up with a yell, but happy as a clam.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:18 am 
Nooch of Earl

That's wonderful! Those first few longish naps you get just feel like heaven. Have you tried taking her outside in a stroller at all? There was a while around 3-4 months old where V was just so much calmer and willing to nap if I took her out in the fresh air a little bit every day. I can't tell you why but getting out of the house, even briefly, did both of us a world of good.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:24 pm 

I agree about the magic of getting outside. I think it is like a baby reboot button. Not sure why, could be the air, light, temp change...whatever it is it seems to help with sleep later on.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:29 pm 

Yep, we go outside most every day. Often I can get her to sleep longer in the pram, maybe 90 minutes or so. I don't get to rest but it can be relaxing. She hates any sort of sling/wrap/carrier so a solo nap in daytime would be wonderful. She does sit for short spells in swing/bouncy which means I can do 10 mins of dishes or a 3 minute shower/get dressed but hoping that she digs a carrier once she can hold her head well. I carried one of my nanny gals often, made each day like an adventure together.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:54 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

I ran across this video on Twitter and thought you all might like it: http://youtu.be/rug8NyvC1wo
A woman gave birth in a cab a block from her house after 45 minutes of labor and her partner, an Occupy Wall Street videographer, was there to document it. So sweet! Tears everywhere.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:59 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Ok this is probably bad, but hilarious:

http://gawker.com/5897415/which-celebri ... -your-kids

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:58 am 

Aubade wrote:
Ok this is probably bad, but hilarious:

http://gawker.com/5897415/which-celebri ... -your-kids

Ha! That made me laugh. Now I want to be adopted by Jeff Bridges.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:31 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

So, it looks like Nate is going to have to go back to the uk for two weeks. How am I going to survive two weeks alone? When will I shower? How will I eat? Clean? Do laundry? Help!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:32 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Oh yeah, the best part, they won't nail down dates so I could actually get someone to come and help me. I am beyond frustrated with that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:44 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Oh man, littlebear. I hate it for you. I hope something works out where you are able to get some help!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:13 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I am going to see if a friend wants to come visit then, otherwise I might go visit my friend in Corvallis and finally go to Portland! So, it could be a win-win.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:18 am 
Semen Strong

Oh that sounds so nice! I hope it works out!

It'll be fun to take Grey to the vegan homeland :)

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:04 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

littlebear wrote:
So, it looks like Nate is going to have to go back to the uk for two weeks. How am I going to survive two weeks alone? When will I shower? How will I eat? Clean? Do laundry? Help!

ugh.sorry littlebear...My husband is going on his yearly week away for a trade show in 2 weeks...the same week Reno is off of school. Its going to suck. I'm VERY lucky that my parents live below us in a 2 family home but their help wont be the same. He takes both kids to the park afterwork so I can clean and cook dinner, he puts Re to bed every night..etc..

My plan for eating is that the day before he leaves I'm going to cook all day...huge pot of tomato sauce, rice and beans, veggie burgers, pesto, peanut sauce, cook up a pot of quinoa and saute some veggies so I can at least throw together a quick meal the first few days he's gone. Other then that I'm going to invite ourselves downstairs to my parents and mooch off of them. :)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:02 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

The area where we live is known for attachment parenting and all the hippy stuff that goes along with it. (fairfax, California) anyway, we have been practicing attachment parenting for the most part and it is working for us, I know it isn't for everyone, however I was having a conversation tonight with my husband and some friends of ours. This kid was on his skateboard and my friend and I were taking up the whole sidewalk with our strollers and the kid got off his skateboard and passed us, and said excuse me. Nate said, "wow, when I was that age I would have yelled at your guys and called you forking crassholes for taking up the whole sidewalk". Then we realized that I have never seen kids here misbehave. It's so weird. They are all polite. I am sure this isn't always true, but maybe there really is something to this attachment parenting!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:03 pm 
Semen Strong

That is so good to hear LB! I feel like everyone is always "warning" us that if we attachment parent our kids are going to grow up to be crassholes.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:53 am 
Married to the wolfman

Do we have a postpartum body chat thread? I thought we did but now I can't find it...

Anyway, can I toot my horn for a sec guys? I lost about 35 lbs instantly when the Magician was born, leaving me about 20 lbs up on my pre preg weight. 2 months passed and I didn't lose another single pound. So 2 weeks ago I begrudgingly began food tracking & trying to stick to a calorie goal. This is something I hate doing on a lot of levels but...

The good news is, I've lost about 5 lbs (some of which was def water weight but hey, i'll take it!) annnnd my largest pair of non-maternity pants fits me pretty comfortably again! Thank fork, I cannot handle wearing my saggy asparagus maternity pants much longer.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:05 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Awesome, coldandsleepy! Being able to fit into pre-preg clothes is the best feeling!

I'm technically below my pre-preg weight, but man oh man, is my body not the same. My legs are thinner because I've lost muscle mass, but my waist is bigger. There is no way a lot of my old skirts and pants will fit me, and a lot of my once flattering dresses just do not work on me anymore. BAH!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:56 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Coldandsleepy, that is forking amazing.

I am 60 pounds heavier than my pre-preg weight. (!!!!!!) I lost about 20 pounds the first week after delivery (went home heavier than I went in because of massive IV fluids) and then put ten back on, then lost 8 on weight watchers, got lazy, gained it back, and got stuck - so now I'm only 10 pounds lighter than I was when I delivered. I wound up buying new clothes because it was too demoralizing to keep wearing maternity clothes and they looked awful when my belly was big, but saggy rather than big, round, and full. I had hopes of being back to my previous (over)weight by Malka's first birthday, but seeing as how I've got less than 5 months till then, it's just not gonna happen.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:17 pm 
Semen Strong

(((Hugs Ariann))). I am having the hardest time losing my preg weight. People keep asking me when the baby is due, and it makes me feel so shitty. I seem to know so many moms who had their kids at around the same time and they're all back to pre-mat shape again.

I've heard that PCOS can make it harder to lose the weight plus I've had these crappy knee issues for two months now so I can't do a lot of cardio or even walking so that makes weightloss harder. Hopefully all this PT will help, and hey, summer!

Also, in The Girlfriend's Guide to the First Year she says that a lot of weight comes off naturally at 9 months.

Just wanted to say you're definitely not alone <3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:23 pm 
Married to the wolfman

I want to say I hit my pre-preg weight (which is overweight; I gained 35 lbs when I started grad school 2 years before he was born and have never lost it again) with the Emperor very, very close to his first birthday.

My body shape is pretty different from pre-babies. I used to have massive thunder thighs and big hips, but a small waist and I never carried weight on my stomach. Now? My thighs are pretty much normal, my hips are more or less unchanged, my asparagus is smaller, I carry weight on my stomach (even when I was back to pre-preg with the Emperor, I still had a little pouch), and my waist is huge, like there's barely no difference between it and my hips.

I always had trouble buying clothing that fit comfortably before I had kids, and now I still do, just in a totally different way, heh.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2302 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 93  Next