| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 92  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Playground randomness thread
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:05 am 
Semen Strong

Oh that sounds so cute! Please post pictures, if you can! Tinyflapperwu!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:44 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=96 ... =2&theater

My boys are into dancing lately... Every time music is playing, this is what I see. Hehe!

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:01 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Afternoon snarky conversation with Malka in her bed while she is jumping on my head:
Mommy, where's Leela?
I think Leela is taking a nap now.
Mommy, where's tofulish?
She's probably taking a nap with Leela. I'm ready to take a nap, too, Malka. Let's take a nap.
Mommy, where's Miles?
Miles is taking a nap, sweetie.
Mommy, where's Jenna?
I imagine Jenna is sitting on her couch having a nice cup of coffee because Miles is taking a nap.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:04 pm 
Semen Strong

HAHAHAHA!!!! Leela is in fact napping, while I PPK and watch Bones.

Also, now I really want coffee.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:47 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Ariann wrote:
I imagine Jenna is sitting on her couch having a nice cup of coffee because Miles is taking a nap.

coffee, on the couch, reading a book on my ipad. :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:48 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Miles and Leela call me "coffee Mommy" or "Miles Coffee Mommy". I only drink one cup a day but that's what I'm known for I guess!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:10 pm 
***LIES!!!***

JENNA wrote:
Miles and Leela call me "coffee Mommy" or "Miles Coffee Mommy". I only drink one cup a day but that's what I'm known for I guess!

I totally can't believe I got that right. I have no idea why Malka is so obsessed with you and Miles. We hardly see you and don't have pictures of you, she is just really attached, and she knows Miles goes with Leela so they are often mentioned in the same breath.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:46 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I know I don't want to have another baby, but I do got the baby fever bad. I have been trying (again) to convince mr. kiddo to get a dog instead!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:38 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Kiddo wrote:
I know I don't want to have another baby, but I do got the baby fever bad. I have been trying (again) to convince mr. kiddo to get a dog instead!

Aggh, baby fever. I have it too. We've got two, and three would be awesome, but the timing isn't right. I would want baby #3 to be pretty close to baby #2, but I am trying to go back to school, and I think I'd go stir-crazy from being a SAHM for an extra few years before I could get back to school. And I don't want a baby after I graduate, soooo. No more babies. :(

Good luck with getting a dog! I hope mr. kiddo relents!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:57 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Kiddo wrote:

ditto! With a 1yr old and 5yr old, I am quite done for a few months/years. Right now I just want to enjoy my kiddos. But I'd looove a dog for all of us... a pug!

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:40 pm 
Semen Strong

I have a dog and one single, solitary toddler and while I wouldn't dissuade anyone from adopting, I just think it is so important to know what you're getting into, because so many dogs end up back at the shelter because people under-estimate how much work it is.

Basically, a ton of the cool things you want to do indoors with your toddler, happen just when your dog needs to have his or her walk, so you can't make it to them or you have to get up really early to do both. Cuddles needs 2 walks a day, and I always feel like my day is spent wrangling and dressing the toddler to go out and walk the dog, and then trying to find space to do other errands where I can take a toddler, but can't take a dog (the bank, grocery store, anything indoors really), and because the dog isn't allowed, I can't fold everything into just one trip. And he and L move at completely different paces, so I end up dragging 70lbs of dog running after 30lbs of kid, or trying to hold back 30lbs of kid in 15lbs of stroller while 70lbs of dog has to poop at that one point on the hill where you have to push really hard to get uphill (stopping to pick up poo with one hand while pushing against a stroller so it doesn't roll back down the hill is a real feat - I have lost the stroller at least 2x and ended up dropping the leash and running at top speed to stop the stroller). That said, I love him like crazy, and we've been together for nearly 7 years (he is 11 and his rescuanniversary is Jan 2), and Leela loves him so very very very much. Its wonderful to see the two of them together, but it is often so. much. work. At least if you have another kiddo, you just add them to your existing schedule!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:03 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I had an awesome weekend visiting Portland and strawberryrock babysat Scarlett!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:12 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Tofulish wrote:
Its wonderful to see the two of them together, but it is often so. much. work. At least if you have another kiddo, you just add them to your existing schedule!

It's funny to me that at the end there you made it seem easier to add another kid than to add another dog. I totally agree. Although 100% worth it and my dog is my soulmate, I would never add another dog. It is impossible for me as it is to wrangle them both. I sometimes imagine how much easier parenting could be without a dog added to the mix. For me it's the toddler running out the door and having a fit every time the dog needs to go out combined with the dog needing to be supervised while going out because she barks at my neighbors now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:42 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

tank wrote:
Tofulish wrote:
Its wonderful to see the two of them together, but it is often so. much. work. At least if you have another kiddo, you just add them to your existing schedule!

It's funny to me that at the end there you made it seem easier to add another kid than to add another dog. I totally agree. Although 100% worth it and my dog is my soulmate, I would never add another dog. It is impossible for me as it is to wrangle them both. I sometimes imagine how much easier parenting could be without a dog added to the mix. For me it's the toddler running out the door and having a fit every time the dog needs to go out combined with the dog needing to be supervised while going out because she barks at my neighbors now.

Oh man, I agree. I love my dog to death, but at the same time I am just so, so exhausted from dealing with her (she has a LOT of emotional baggage). Maybe if I had older kids it would feel more doable, though!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:19 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

mooo wrote:
I had an awesome weekend visiting Portland and strawberryrock babysat Scarlett!

Babysitting Scarlett was the best. That girl has the best style and the best dance moves.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:33 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Strawberry rock and mooo, that's awesome!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:21 am 
Semen Strong

tank wrote:
Tofulish wrote:

Thanks for sharing your experience tank! I hope I didn't offend anyone, I didn't mean to imply that one was easier than the other! I just thought that at least you could take your two kiddos to the same place, while adding a dog (where you don't already have one) adds another completely new set of obligations.

I try and take Cuddles out alone, when I can, because walking him without Leela is such a pleasure. Its like a slow ramble with an old friend. And whenever I take L out without Cuddles, we feel so unencumbered, we can go anywhere and do anything. But whenever we go anywhere as a group, we attract both positive and negative attention!

Today I got L in the stroller and set everything up before I let Cuddles out of the car at the park. And he escaped me and ran out of the car, without waiting to be leashed. He was off leash for about a minute, as I rushed to grab him and put him on the leash, while managing a stroller and toddler in a parking lot with cars driving in and out, and this woman ended up screaming at me for having a dog off-leash, called 9-11 and was videotaping me putting him on-leash and screaming that she had evidence and was going to have the police come and arrest me. It was stupid, but it freaked me out and I hate that L had to be part of that. I just feel like with a dog and a toddler, you are just an easy target for people who are looking to complain about something.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:43 pm 
Nooch of Earl

I am so not adopting any new pets until I'm done with kids and the youngest is in school! I totally understand what you mean. I have an elderly (13yo) cat, and we're best buddies and go way back together, but I just can't give him the attention he deserves any more, and he takes out resentment about that by randomly crapping places.

Oh, and I'm not supposed to be changing the cat litter now, but my husband doesn't always have time to do it, so I just feel like I'm living in such a shiitakehole sometimes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:42 pm 
Semen Strong

I don't know if this is going to make you feel any better, but if your cat is indoor only, your MD can do a toxoplasmosis panel and your vet can test your cat for toxo, and then you could probably feel pretty safe changing the litter.

I changed the litter when my husband was out of town, even when preggo, because if I didn't the cats would poop outside the box and the smell of shiitake just got overwhelming.

We have the litterboxes in a well ventilated area, we use scentballs and keep the windows open whenever we can.

And hurrah for Euclid!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Yeaaaah, I could do all that, but I'd rather make my husband change the litter!! If only he would… (OK to be fair he's really sick right now, but I'm probably GOING to be sick in a couple days, and none of my responsibilities will change! #immaturewhining)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:14 pm 
Semen Strong

Yes, but you are probably going to be moving to Italy, so I have nothing but envy for you right now! *

* Not really, it sucks to be sick, pregnant and have a healthy, rambunctious toddler. Maybe you need to drop her off at a drop-in-daycare so you can be sick at the same time? (KIDDING!)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:25 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

When my partner couldn't change the litter, I used rubber gloves.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:29 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Yeah, I just wore gloves and kind of held my breath (scientific!). But that didn't stop me from bisqueing about it. I will say, he's been way better about it this time around.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:09 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

On the occasions I've had to scoop the litter box, I have just been operating under the assumption that since I've had cats all my life I've probably already been exposed/am immune (usually my husband would do it but he travels a lot). I'm basically terrible at being pregnant, though. But I agree, the point is husbands should change the litter!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:55 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Small child apparently puking from teething. Why can't you be like normal children and just be in pain? Why you gotta expel the one meal you ate today?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 92  Next