| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 86  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Playground randomness thread
PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:03 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Yesterday tiny wu was playing in the kitchen and figured out that clementines fit perfectly in our muffin tins. So she carefully filled a tin with 6 clementines, picked it up and banged it repeatedly against the oven door, saying "mama... mama..." She clearly believed she was making muffins!

In the end we split a clementine and baked leftover oatmeal muffins.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:40 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

That is funny Tofulish! F's best bud's mom is pg again, and so we've been talking loads about babies in tummies, etc., but I've not heard any tales as good as that yet. :)

Go tinywu! Future baker in the making. :D

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:22 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

A crazy thing happened! We went to Silas' preschool's soup & sing and the teachers had made one of the 5 soups vegan & organic! In this area, with these people, with the work I had to do to educate them all on what veganism actually is (in the beginning), this is monumental! One of them told us right away and went over the ingredients with me. So nice! Never, ever has anyone just accommodated us like that, just out of sheer niceness, with no prior conversation or anything. Shae ate a lot of that soup.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:36 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

That is awesome, Kelly!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:19 am 
Nooch of Earl

Yay!! That's fantastic.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:31 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Cuddling with Freya before sleep tonight, she says, completely out of nowhere, as we are both quiet:

"Stop touching my butt". (my hand was on her thigh, pretty close to buttdom, I suppose)

Okay, then. :p

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:38 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

ahhh I can't remember what brought this on but lately D has been talking about "getting a different hairstyle." Dudes, she has never had a haircut and well, I haven't even been inside a salon in 10yrs nor had my hair cut somewhere that isn't my kitchen in some state of inebriation in roughly 25 years. So, needless to say, I am clueless and don't know what we'll do, BUT we have an appointment with a very awesome friend at a fancy hipster salon in Brooklyn on Saturday. I'm afraid I'll cry, and I'm afraid she'll cry (even though it's her idea!) also for a long time we were resistant to others mentioning her getting a haircut because she has lovely curls at the ends of her hair and there's some old wives' tale about the curl never coming back once you cut it the first time.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:33 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

my poor lil mini baby is always called a dude.
i dont really care it's just weird and funny.

i think most babies look like little men and i dress her pretty gender neutral as i HATE pink and frills but it's getting silly.

one day i was at starbucks and she was wearing the most feminine outfit i had put her in.
lavendar pants, pink socks, she had a pink soft dolly baby with her, girl colored leg warmers.
some crazy lady was like "LOOK AT HIM JUST LOOK AT HIM HE IS ALL BOY!"

today i was waiting in line at Expensive R Us and someone was saying how cute HE was and they asked what HIS name was and i said Charlotte and they were like "HE is so cute"

oy vey

(again i dont care it's just funny to me)

It's just funny to think that we could go through years of this, become the president of the damn country, and still, we'd be eating pasta with veggies at every. damn. function.~~Joyfulgirl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:48 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Ha! People are weird and remarkably unobservant sometimes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:32 pm 
Nailed to the V

LisaPunk, westiebaby gets called a boy every time we leave the house and I never correct unless we get a direct 'he is a boy, isn't he?' or something similarly straightforward. I figure I'll roll with it till it stops or it starts to bother her, whichever comes first!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:17 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

my washer has been broken for a week and we just got a new one. I want to do a song and dance number about how happy I am to have clean diapers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:01 am 
Married to the wolfman

LisaPunk wrote:
my poor lil mini baby is always called a dude.
i dont really care it's just weird and funny.

i think most babies look like little men and i dress her pretty gender neutral as i HATE pink and frills but it's getting silly.

People pretty much always assume that M is a girl, for reasons I don't understand. His name is gender inconclusive, so telling it to people doesn't work as a clarification. And what's really interesting to me is that I dress him primarily in clothing we got from a friend who dressed her son ummmmm very stereotypically boy-ish. So think lots of blue things with trucks on them.

One person, upon being corrected, stammered "BUT HE'S JUST SO BEAUTIFUL" which made me laugh so hard. He is beautiful! Regardless of what he's got under the hood!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:13 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I still get the cute girl comments... I'm like, seriously???? does Elijah really look girly?

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ TheVeganHammock

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:26 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

What do you guys with your kid's art work? Save it? Throw away? Take pictures of it? I can't imagine saving everything. I was thinking of making a binder for at least her preschool stuff but some of it wouldn't fit in a binder.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:42 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Take pictures of most, save our/her favorites, throw out the non-favorite ones.

It's hard to figure out what to do with selected favorites though! We have a rotating 4-6 pictures on the fridge at any given time, but not sure what to do with the rest. They are currently sitting on top of our fridge until we figure out a better system.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:36 pm 
Nooch of Earl

I was going to use some of her, uhh, nonrepresentational abstract paintings as wrapping paper for grandparent gifts if it's not too stiff.

But I scan some stuff and put it in a facebook album. It's on her FB page (not mine) so it's basically people who have self-selected to get boring updates about my spawn.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:53 pm 
And you never will.

I save anything that's particularly good or sentimental or whatever, and the rest gets scanned using CamScanner on my iphone. We don't have a real scanner or printer or anything, and this seems to do a better job than just taking a photo (in my opinion, anyway). That way we can keep in an album on the computer and he can look at it anytime he wants.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:22 pm 
Married to the wolfman

I keep a grocery bag stuffed with it. When the bag gets full, I weed out the less noteworthy things. Like sometimes E will just scribble something on a paper at school and the teachers make him take it home... neither of us is going to miss that.

My favorite favorite things, I steal and put in my sentimental stuff box. (We look through that stuff together periodically so it's not like he'll never see his precious art again.)

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:46 pm 
And you never will.

You guys, this exists. I have no words.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:13 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

My niece is going to be born in less than a day! I am so excited! My sister is having a scheduled c-section, so we even have a time! By this time tomorrow, she will be here...I cannot wait! I'm not going down there to visit/meet her until mid-January when we have the baby shower, but my mom said she'd be able to facetime me from the hospital. Oh my, I am so excited!

Also, I am so pleased with having the baby shower after the baby comes so we can actually meet her instead of playing stupid shower games. *squee*

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:01 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Aw, I remember how excited I was when my niece and nephews were born! Congratulations on your soon-to-be aunthood!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:08 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

My new niece or nephew should be here within 8ish weeks. I am so excited and just can't wait to find out. I am not liking this "secret baby gender" thing. lol

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ TheVeganHammock

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:58 pm 

Ah, congrats, SUH!

I got her the cutest outfit; it is paisley with zebra trim and a matching hat and little socks that have a puffy pompom thing on them...so excited! And my sister is really into girly things, so I'm allowed to go all out and get pink/frilly stuff, which is just fun.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:07 am 
Nailed to the V

oncewerewesties wrote:
LisaPunk, westiebaby gets called a boy every time we leave the house and I never correct unless we get a direct 'he is a boy, isn't he?' or something similarly straightforward. I figure I'll roll with it till it stops or it starts to bother her, whichever comes first!

Even last week when she was wearing this dress!?!

On a different day, I also recently got a only-half-joking 'well she isn't wearing pink, don't you know that's the only way to tell the difference?' ...

Randomness: it's 3am new years day, this time last year I'd been in labour for a bit over 24 hours and had just vomited for the first time. It feels weird to think that a year ago I had no idea how long I'd have to wait to meet my daughter, nor that I was even having a daughter and now I can hardly believe I ever had a life without her in it!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:14 am 

She looks so intent on that dog!

My niece has arrived! My sister got up to wake up our parents so everyone had time to get ready to go this morning, at around 2:30am their time, and as she got to their room her water broke. Apparently baby was coming one way or another so luckily her c-section was already scheduled for early this morning. She was 7 pounds 4.5 ounces and 19 inches long. The big question is still if she will have red hair, since they are both auburn. I will post a picture later with her name! I am so excited!

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 2127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80, 81 ... 86  Next