| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 85  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Playground randomness thread
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:02 am 
Semen Strong

Leela reliably recognizes her name. Now whenever I call her I notice that she turns around and grins at me with those two baby teeth. She makes my heart explode whenever she smiles.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:16 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Kai woke up in the middle of the night last night so I brought him to bed with me and my husband. I guess I fell asleep while he was side-lying nursing, and dreamed that I saw my most creepy ex-boyfriend at a party. In the dream he kept grabbing my boob and I kept telling him to stop but he wouldn't, so I tried to knock his hand off me and then when that didn't work, poke out his eye. (I'll never forget a self-defense class I had in 8th grade, they told us to do that) I woke up and realized I was scratching poor Kai's face!! I felt so bad but luckily he must have been sleep nursing and didn't even wake up, so I didn't hurt him. All around disturbing though.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:52 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Spooky! Glad you're both ok!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:47 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I had a dream last night that I was pregnant! The Dr kept being like... well this, this and this looks like baby #2, but wouldn't do a test or anything. I just kept thinking, "how did this happen?!"

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:10 am 
***LIES!!!***

kdub wrote:
I just kept thinking, "how did this happen?!"

Hahahahahahaha.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:34 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Ada now laughs when she farts. So I'll be changing her diaper and she'll run off before I get a new one on and squat, fart, and laugh. Then yesterday she actually kept making herself fart and was laughing. I was trying not to laugh but all I could see was her trying so hard to fart again that I couldn't help myself from cracking up.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:58 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Miles thinks farting while in the bath is the most hysterical thing ever. He knows he's going to do too! He will pause, get this stinker look on his face and smile at me and then fart bubbles are coming up to the surface of the water. I find it hysterical also.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:33 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I've served literally thousands of meals to infants/toddlers in my childcare days. Yet, I've still ended up this week with tofu in my hair and toast in my cleavage. Oi.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:35 pm 
And you never will.

Mmmmm. Cleavage toast.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:36 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Heh. I fear for when we move to "dishes"...things like spaghetti, soup, etc. Looking forward to her trying out Punk Rock Chickpea Gravy though..I swear we could mainline that stuff.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:21 am 
***LIES!!!***

I had such bad heartburn last night I took a pregnancy test this morning (what the fizzle, why hasn't this gone away?). Not pregnant. The terrible idea that I'm six months pregnant or something and I haven't noticed yet keeps forcing itself into my brain.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:22 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Oi that sucks. have you talked to the doc yet?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:56 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I have scrupulously avoided medical care since my lactation woes - combination of needing to find a new midwife/gyn who didn't make me cry or scream and not wanting to go to my regular doc so super fat (although my regular doc is awesome, the last time I saw her and I had gained weight, she commented on how good I looked and how being slightly overweight was healthy and considered beautiful in most other cultures).

I should go to the doctor.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:12 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Ariann, I think I spent most of E's first year of life convinced I was pregnant again. Heartburn didn't last for me but I had other weird crepe. (Nausea became my new key PMS symptom. Yay.) Just wanted to let you know I hear ya on that front. Hope you can go to a doctor you're comfortable with soon.

About cleavage food: I've become convinced that catching food is the primary reason I have boobs.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:50 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I just got a box of Earth Mama Angel Babies goodies from my friends! Someone was just talking about these products in another thread, so I'm super excited to try it all. I think it's bath time for Will!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:51 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I ordered some to my sis' house, so will get a chance to try the stuff when we're there in a few weeks. Glad the bean loves baths. :)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:39 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Aubade wrote:
Kai woke up in the middle of the night last night so I brought him to bed with me and my husband. I guess I fell asleep while he was side-lying nursing, and dreamed that I saw my most creepy ex-boyfriend at a party. In the dream he kept grabbing my boob and I kept telling him to stop but he wouldn't, so I tried to knock his hand off me and then when that didn't work, poke out his eye. (I'll never forget a self-defense class I had in 8th grade, they told us to do that) I woke up and realized I was scratching poor Kai's face!! I felt so bad but luckily he must have been sleep nursing and didn't even wake up, so I didn't hurt him. All around disturbing though.

Oh, goodness! Glad he was okay.

The first few days after I had the baby I kept waking up and thinking he was sleeping in bed with me, even though he was sleeping in the bassinet. I would feel him lying by my side and try to touch him with my hand, and then I would feel the cat's face and I would think "why does my baby have a cat face?" and that I was going to suffocate the baby because he was really leaning on me. Then I would remember that he was in the bassinet and that the creature with the cat face was probably my cat. This happened several times.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:38 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

kimba wrote:
Aubade wrote:

Oh, goodness! Glad he was okay.

The first few days after I had the baby I kept waking up and thinking he was sleeping in bed with me, even though he was sleeping in the bassinet. I would feel him lying by my side and try to touch him with my hand, and then I would feel the cat's face and I would think "why does my baby have a cat face?" and that I was going to suffocate the baby because he was really leaning on me. Then I would remember that he was in the bassinet and that the creature with the cat face was probably my cat. This happened several times.

I had a lot of waking up and doing the, "oh my god where is the baby!" freak outs in the first few weeks. I was doing a combination of cosleeping and bassinet sleeping so whenever she was in the bassinet (a co-sleeper right next to me, mind you) I wOuld freak out looking for her. I started wearing my glasses while I sleep to help. I'm blind as a bat without them and I'm still sleeping with them on six months later. It's not as uncomfortable as you might think.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:39 pm 
Semen Strong

A friend of mine had her baby a few days ago, and apparently I am one of only 2 people she knows who breastfed their babies. I'm giving her advice, because the people in her life are telling her not to bother and just start on Similac now.

Sometimes I feel like I live in such a bubble. Along with all of you, of course!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:58 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Totally random, but my 6 month old is pulling up and cruising walking along holding onto things. It's totally cute but I'm not ready for several reasons, including (among other things) that 6 month olds have limited knowledge. She totally just thinks she can walk and lets go of stuff, and that she won't fall but she does... every time (so far). And she can also climb. I can only imagine the trouble to come in the next few months!

My wee blog:

http://www.mommethree.com

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:26 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Do/did your under-1 babies sleep with anything in their bed? I know the recommendation is for there to be nothing, but I'm really of mixed mind as we try to get Freya to sleep in her own bed. We have this little pink doll, a sort of piece of cloth with a head/hands/feet that she used to like in her buggy/carseat etc. when she was littler (I can't believe I just said "when she was littler"...oi). I'd planned on putting it in the bed with her as a lovey, but she seems to prefer this other toy instead. We still sleep with Dahlia dolly in the bed, but she rarely cuddles her up at all. The toy she likes is this floppy goose, slightly bigger, with a dress, etc.

We are having a *really* hard time with sleep. Several times in the early evening, when I'm not with her, waking up as little as every 20 minutes or so. I actually Googled the other day to try and find ways to counteract the effects of sleep deprivation (like the fact that it took me nearly a minute to think of the word "counteract"). I feel so lucky to stay home with her, because we have a LOT of fun during the day. It's just that my body is starting to rebel against the lack of sleep (gastrointestinal issues, headaches, extreme forgetfulness).

Brandy on a handkerchief not looking so bad now. :)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:32 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

So far he sleeps with a stay dry pad, a burp cloth, and his pacifier. I have no idea at what point they can sleep wity toys. I guess it depends on the toy and age.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:50 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Malka's co-sleeper has books, blankets, and toys in it (she's 9 months). She hardly ever sleeps in there, but having some stuff in there seems to make it a little easier for her when she does. I have no worries about suffocation - she is super mobile.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:31 pm 
Married to the wolfman

The Magician (5 months today!) naps with one of those little blanket toys. The Emperor started napping with a baby doll at like 9 months. I think it's probably okay as long as its not a huge toy in a small space.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:44 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Whoa, 5 months! We're getting there too, it's gone by so fast! Henry doesn't sleep with anything except sometimes a pacifier, when he doesn't throw it on the floor. I will say, he sleeps so much better in his crib than he did in our room, so I hope Freya decides to go for it, too! Good luck!

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 2122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 85  Next