| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2422 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 97  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Playground randomness thread
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:36 pm 
Grandfathered In

The whole thing was grim (of course), but it was the last 10 minutes where I lost it. I knew what was coming, but it was so awful all the same.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:26 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

OMG my husband rented The Road when I was in my 3rd trimester. I didn't know what it was, and once I started watching it I wanted to kill him!!! Most. Depressing. Movie. Ever!

I'm the same about being more sensitive to news since having the baby. I get weepy sooo much easier than I used to. When I first went back to work, we had 2 incidents where infants actually *died* in our shelters, which is totally unheard of. I had to make a report that listed any families with children under 24 months, and send it out weekly so they can all be checked on to make sure the cribs have no blankets, etc. It was heartbreaking. I still give this thing out weekly.

I also get more panicky and upset about bad news in general - just so much more worried about the world he's inheriting.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:20 am 
Married to the wolfman

I read The Road when the Emperor was still but a twinkle in his mother's ovary, and while I thought it was an amazing book, I have no interest in ever reading it again or watching the movie.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:23 am 
Inflexitarian

I must second and third never seeing the Road again. Great movie, great characters, great acting but I'm now deathly afraid of even seeing the name of the movie on the cable guide menu. Kate and Leo said they wanted a departure from their Titanic characters and boy did they achieve that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:30 am 
Grandfathered In

Wait, the Road or Revolutionary Road?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:44 am 
Inflexitarian

Revolutionary Road!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:50 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I was told a short synopsis of The Road, and I knew there was no way I could ever read or watch it. Since having kids I even get kind of upset about the Goblin King kidnapping baby Toby in the Labyrinth. Babies have turned me to mush.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:39 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Add the road to list of things I will never watch/read/acknowledge. Can't handle any of that.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:01 am 
Inflexitarian

ismloveyoubobbybrown wrote:
I was told a short synopsis of The Road, and I knew there was no way I could ever read or watch it. Since having kids I even get kind of upset about the Goblin King kidnapping baby Toby in the Labyrinth. Babies have turned me to mush.

now I want to watch the Labyrinth.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:28 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

On those rare occasions when he nods off without a boob in his mouth, Walter sings himself to sleep. He'll be in the carseat or stroller or carrier and start chanting, "aaaaahhhh.....aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh......aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...." After a few minutes he's out. It is the cutest thing. I have to get it on video before he grows out it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:17 pm 
Married to the wolfman

I can't figure out where this would go so the random thread seeemed good.

I think my milk (or colostrum?) is coming back. Here are my big hints: 1. I smell like watery skim milk that's been left out in the sun for a while ALL THE TIME, 2. The Emperor has showed a suddenly renewed interest in my boobs and even if he's not asking to nurse, he's like sticking his head in my shirt and huffing me, and 3. my nipples itch so forking much and are always a little bit sticky. I am at work and it is taking ALL of my will power not to just scratch those things.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:23 pm 

Oh man the funniest thing happened today. We went to a street fair in my town. I was holding Kai, and turned my head to look at some oddly dressed guy at one of the booths. He was dressed something like Daniel Boone, all he needed was a musket. Then I turned my head the other way and ooops! Kai was yanking this woman's hair who was standing next to me. I apologized profusely and untangled his hand from her hair. (he wouldn't let go!) She had a really sour look on her face, but them mumbled about her thinking it was her kid or something and I walked away.

Then I looked at the booth again and finally noticed the huge tea party sign - the Daniel Boone guy was a tea partier! It turns out that was a political booth, and the woman whose hair got yanked was a tea partier running for some local election!! L.M.A.O.

I had no idea we had them here in my neighborhood, which is kind of scary. But I have to say, it was hilarious. Go Kai! Yank that lady's hair. hahaha :-)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 6:35 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Aubade wrote:
Oh man the funniest thing happened today. We went to a street fair in my town. I was holding Kai, and turned my head to look at some oddly dressed guy at one of the booths. He was dressed something like Daniel Boone, all he needed was a musket. Then I turned my head the other way and ooops! Kai was yanking this woman's hair who was standing next to me. I apologized profusely and untangled his hand from her hair. (he wouldn't let go!) She had a really sour look on her face, but them mumbled about her thinking it was her kid or something and I walked away.

Then I looked at the booth again and finally noticed the huge tea party sign - the Daniel Boone guy was a tea partier! It turns out that was a political booth, and the woman whose hair got yanked was a tea partier running for some local election!! L.M.A.O.

I had no idea we had them here in my neighborhood, which is kind of scary. But I have to say, it was hilarious. Go Kai! Yank that lady's hair. hahaha :-)

haha, he's a little activist already! Love it!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:20 am 

Hehe.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:24 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

mittenmacher wrote:
On those rare occasions when he nods off without a boob in his mouth, Walter sings himself to sleep. He'll be in the carseat or stroller or carrier and start chanting, "aaaaahhhh.....aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh......aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...." After a few minutes he's out. It is the cutest thing. I have to get it on video before he grows out it.

Aw, that's adorable. I love little kids singing.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:23 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

What is the point of drinking more when as soon as I finish a glass of water I spend the next 2 hrs peeing every 15 minutes?! Didn't it all just come out again?!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:30 pm 
Inflexitarian

rabidchild wrote:
What is the point of drinking more when as soon as I finish a glass of water I spend the next 2 hrs peeing every 15 minutes?! Didn't it all just come out again?!

I have come to the conclusion that there is just a reservoir of pee hidden inside of me somewhere. In an effort to sleep through the night without having to get up to go to the bathroom I've stopped drinking 2, 3 or 4 hours before I go to bed and still I get up. So I've given up, I get up the same amount of time if i drink 4 cups of water or 3. I'm just logging the walking time as exercise.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:25 pm 
Married to the wolfman

GuineaPig wrote:
rabidchild wrote:

I have come to the conclusion that there is just a reservoir of pee hidden inside of me somewhere. In an effort to sleep through the night without having to get up to go to the bathroom I've stopped drinking 2, 3 or 4 hours before I go to bed and still I get up. So I've given up, I get up the same amount of time if i drink 4 cups of water or 3. I'm just logging the walking time as exercise.

This was my experience at the end of pregnancy last time as well. I'd stop drinking water at 8 or 9 and still be up every hour to pee, all night long. Definitely a secret bladder somewhere...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:41 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

coldandsleepy wrote:
GuineaPig wrote:
rabidchild wrote:

This was my experience at the end of pregnancy last time as well. I'd stop drinking water at 8 or 9 and still be up every hour to pee, all night long. Definitely a secret bladder somewhere...

You're excreting the baby's pee, too. So yes, a second bladder. You really can't win.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:36 pm 

I had to strategically organize my afternoon errands around places with public restrooms.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:38 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

mittenmacher wrote:
coldandsleepy wrote:

You're excreting the baby's pee, too. So yes, a second bladder. You really can't win.

My embryo can't pee yet!! It's working on eyelids and hand plates this week.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:11 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Rc, just wait until the third trimester!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:50 am 
Inflexitarian

I'm glad to know that we see eye to eye on a lot of important things. He says he trusts me completely to handle the kid's nutrition, everything he described for parenting sounds like free range kids, apparently we already have a college savings account for the one to be, and he said if I wanted to homeschool or if I wanted the kid to go wherever, he trusts my opinion because he thinks I'll make a great mom. (about the only thing he explained is he might have problems with diaper changes because he pretty much pukes at any sight of fecal matter or w/e but I knew that) Oh and he says he'll try to see if he can get sometime off after the kid is born to help me out so I'm not overwhelmed.

So..the whole big talk about overall parenting philosophies went really well, if I may so.

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/GeekKnowledge

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:25 pm 

rabidchild wrote:

Lots of water makes your pee prettier? ( nice and yellow instead of golden brown?)

Okay, that was reaching, I grant you.

Baby still moving around a lot here, so some days not so bad, but other days, I have to plan activities around the availability of a bathroom. :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:36 pm 
Semen Strong

I just bought a gorgeous sling for $15 and a Bumbo with tray ($20) at our local consignment store. Its so much easier to shop when things are cheap, used and returnable! I don't feel like I need to check out eveery review before getting it!

Oh and they have the $60 peanut shells I've been lusting over for $10 to $15 as well!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2422 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 97  Next