| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Seeking Vegan or Vegetarian Adoptive Parents ?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:58 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

This may seem like a weird post, but just wondering if there is anyone out there looking for vegetarian or vegan parents to adopt their child.

I’m a vegan mom of a 1 year old. My husband and I can’t have any more ourselves, so we’d like to adopt to expand our family. I’ve just started looking into the adoption process, and saw some posts about vegan adoptive parents having some issues with the adoption process because their diet is considered an “extreme lifestyle".

Not sure how common that really is, but made me wonder if there are any vegetarians or vegans out there having to make the hard decision to give up their baby, but would prefer he/she go to parents that will raise them as vegan.

Thoughts? Or Anyone’s direct experience with disclosing their vegan-ness while trying to adopt? (Also, feel free to PM me if preferred.)

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Seeking Vegan or Vegetarian Adoptive Parents ?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:56 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

I do not have much info for you, other than I have been helping a good friend who is trying to adopt. I built her a webpage and everything she researched said to make it very generic, non-political, etc. That said creating a page promoting the vegan side may turn off some, but may also help if the "right" parent finds it.
I might try promoting via two different routes, one vegan and one not.
Best of luck to you.

Post subject: Re: Seeking Vegan or Vegetarian Adoptive Parents ?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:22 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

It might be different in your country, but where I live, you can choose neither who you adopt nor who adopts your kid. Whenever there is a kid who needs an adoptive parent, the next would-be parent on the waiting list is evaluated for adoption. You can choose not to adopt the kid that is proposed for you, but if you say no, you cannot adopt at all. The parent who gives his/her child for adoption has no say in any matter.

Also, the wait time for someone who wishes to adopt goes from 4 to 10 years since there are way more people who wish to adopt than there are children to be adopted (unless one agrees to adopt an older or disabled child). Not easy. I wish you better luck with your country's system.

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]