| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 939 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 38  Next
 Post subject: Re: conceivin' thread
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:10 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Got my period today. 38 day cycle, sweet jesus. My body's trying to give me a heart attack here. This is a good thing - we're not quite ready for another one (but we'll be happy if that day comes!) I'm feeling a little down today - even though it wouldn't have been how we planned it, it's sad to think about what could have been...

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:21 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Got my period. This feels so unfair. Also, I feel fat and tired. And I had no patience with the kids. My luteal phase was 8 days. It's like I ovulate and immediately get PMS.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:36 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Sorry, flava and CrabbyCrafter. I just got my period too. It was particulary disappointing this time because I had a major temperature dip around the time implantation would have been, and then a temp spike higher than it's been - so I got my hopes up! I had basically been managing the emotional roller coaster well before by putting pregnancy entirely out of my mind, but now it's snuck back in and my period just feels mean :(

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 1:47 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

TCC, I usually have really short luteal cycles too (7-10 days). I seriously don't know how I got pregnant the first time! Thinking good thoughts for you.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:38 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

lots of disappointment in here lately. I'm guessing I'll be ovulating in the next few days. Right when my parents are visiting. Not conducive to opk testing and babymaking, but oh well.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:10 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Hi guys. Sending out love to those who are frustrated (esp TCC and flava). I hear you.

I had my appointment at the fertility clinic on the 14th... my doc is super nice. Anyway, it's definitely PCOS, and he gave me some options: a scope, have hubby checked, or start clomid/gonadotropin of my choice to make me ovulate. I declined them all. He said he's quite certain that I can reverse the insulin resistance and become fertile again with a significant weight loss and metformin, so he's instructed me to up my dose to 1500mg daily and come back to see him when I've lost weight. This was my choice, really. But I'm just... arrgh. I fly between polar opposites, I'm either empowered or I'm depressed. I'm so very angry with myself.

On a completely unrelated note: my cat is curled-up in a fruit bowl on my dining-room table, fast asleep and snoring.

Yay, and verily he said unto them, "Eat this nooch for it tastes kind of like cheese, and drink this kombucha for it is awesome. And don't be a vegan hating douche because no one likes an asshat." - DancesWithTofu

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:27 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Aaaaaaand for 2 days I've had this weird pseudo-period. A blip of cramps, and some light old-looking flow. Perfect timing, of course, on my last 2 days before I start my night shifts and Mr AH starts his evening stretch, now I won't get any nookie for a week! Grrr...!

Yay, and verily he said unto them, "Eat this nooch for it tastes kind of like cheese, and drink this kombucha for it is awesome. And don't be a vegan hating douche because no one likes an asshat." - DancesWithTofu

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:06 am 
So Totally Yiffy

Hey guys....so I've been a lurker here for awhile now...we've been trying to conceive our first child since last November. I'm almost 33 and started charting when we started trying - it quickly became apparent to me that I too have a short luteal phase (6-9 days). In March I got pregnant and had a miscarriage/chemical pregnancy at 6 weeks, which was very hard - but at least I knew I could get pregnant, right? Continuing on with the trying and short luteal phase I decided to be proactive and start taking daily B6, over-the-counter progesterone and a daily baby aspirin. Well...today I took a OPK strip just for the heck of it and lo behold - I'm ovulating - 5 days earlier!!! On day 18 instead of day 23/24. I just feel like finally this is a bit of hopeful news and I wanted to share it and de-lurk. Wish me luck, the husband has been put on notice!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:06 am 
Semen Strong

Good luck!

My midwife said that at 40, I should be thinking of trying again soon if we want a second child. That plus a friend of mine is pregnant again is giving me the worst case of baby fever. I'll be 41 when she is 1 and I wonder if I could hold off until 42. It was so hard to get pregnant last time, but maybe this time will be easier. Baby!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:31 pm 

welcome BossyLhassi and good luck!

With the long weekend, my parents visiting, and the craziness of the end of the school year disrupting my sleep schedule, I have completely lost track of where I am in my cycle. I was supposed to do blood work a week after ovulating, but am not sure if I have yet or not.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:05 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

hi guys,

i went back to the doc and then had to wait a few weeks (for my period) and had some tests done just a few days ago on the second day of my latest cycle- TSH and estridol? has anyone had expereince with them? basically, since i'm 38 she wanted to see if 'my eggs are any good' right off the bat, before even trying to figure out why i have short cycles and trouble conceiving. We are seriously thinking about adoption now, we are in escrow for our home, and it feels like if we are going to adopt before i hit 40, we need to get the ball rolling. The hardest thing is that i would want to breastfeed and adopt an infant (although disabilities and race matter none to us) and i worry that this might really limit us. I know it will keep us from being able to foster to adopt.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:30 pm 

I have TSH tests frequently because I have hypothyrodism. We're about to start trying to conceive baby #2, but before we can start, my endocrinologist wants me to get my TSH low, which means a high level of thyroid. If you're low thyroid, getting pregnant will be less likely, and if you do get pregnant, you have a higher risk birth defects. So my endocrinologist wants me to use some sort of BC until she gets my thyroid levels high enough to prepare for pregnancy.

If you are low thyroid (which means high TSH), you would be prescribed synthetic thyroid hormone to take.

I hope that makes sense! Good luck!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:11 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Has anyone had any luck with maca powder? I heard it increases female fertility and makes ones cycle more stable. And as soon as I saw, "fertility" and "cycle" on the packet, I bought some. Even though it was kind of pricey (although not as pricey as the spirulina I also bought).

I have been cleaning like a mofo (which is why I haven't posted anything lately), doing pilates, and trying to eat even better than usual in the hopes that that will help my cycle. Raygold is only nursing 2-3 times a night and not at all during the day, so hopefully my luteal phase will lengthen.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:34 am 
Semen Strong

I've read that cutting out nursing from midnight to 6 am can help with fertility.... Do you know if you're ovulating or could you be getting a period without an egg dropping?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:08 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Hi everyone. I'm new to this thread. My husband and I are trying for our first baby. I stopped the pill, started a prenatal and got some blood tests done. I'm now in the waiting period between ovulation and when I should be getting my period. I'm 35 and I'm really not expecting this to take on the first try since I'm not even sure what my cycle is like off the pill. I'm sure I'll be stopping back to ask more questions soon!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:06 am 

Now i am confused, this was the second round of tests that the doctor had me get and i had a T-3 and t-4 (?) in the first round to check for hypothyroidism and they came back fine. She had me wait for this round until i had my period, and perhaps i got a test name wrong. I will of course find out this week when the results come back.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:05 am 
And you never will.

Ugh, I am so discouraged. I really thought I'd finally made sense of my cycle, but now it's all forked up. I was ovulating on day 33/34 pretty reliably, but this last cycle it looks like I ovulated on day 30. I wouldn't really mind that so much, because a shorter cycle would be great, but it does mean we pretty much missed our chance this cycle.

That's not the most frustrating thing, though. My luteal phase has been consistently 13 days every cycle, but I'm on 8 dpo and having spotting, which means my period is probably about to start. So everything is messed up and I'm so fed up with all of this.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:43 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Tofulish wrote:
I've read that cutting out nursing from midnight to 6 am can help with fertility.... Do you know if you're ovulating or could you be getting a period without an egg dropping?

I've been charting my temperature and cervical fluid and peeing on those ovulation strips (I am definitely ovulating). The problem is that my luteal phase is only 7 days long and I read it needs to be at least 10 days, but I read even that is cutting it close and it should really be 12-14 days.

Raygold usually nurses before bed at about 8, and then again at about 6am and sometimes (twice a week, maybe) an hour before that. I'd nurse him during the day instead if he didn't *need* to nurse in the evening and once or twice at night. I've tried not letting him nurse and in the evening, he is all, "teh woe!" and actually clutched his chest and said he was hurting inside (he's a very persuasive 2 year old). And in the middle of the night, if I don't nurse him, he just cries and cries and cries nonstop. Like, endlessly. And it gets to the point where I am crazy tired and he is shaking me, begging me, etc. and Beetroot is starting to wake up from the screaming. I've tried talking to him about it and offering him water, but nothing helps, so I just boob him. This is so different from Beetroot, who would nurse before bed and then sleep all night from maybe 9 or 10 months on. At this point, I am just happy Raygold sleeps, because not sleeping more than 2-3 hours straight for over 18 months was really getting to me.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:16 am 

jildez wrote:
Now i am confused, this was the second round of tests that the doctor had me get and i had a T-3 and t-4 (?) in the first round to check for hypothyroidism and they came back fine. She had me wait for this round until i had my period, and perhaps i got a test name wrong. I will of course find out this week when the results come back.

Oh, maybe you just had an FSH test then, rather than TSH?

Crabby and poopie, sending long luteal vibes your way.

Good luck, biodancer!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:05 pm 

Thanks, Helbury, that makes way more sense. she seemed very concerned that i was going through menopause, although i have never heard of anyone having very short cycles because of menopause (and when i asked her she said that it wasn't common, but possible), plus, this has been happening my entire life, whenever i wasn't put on birth control to regulate my cycles. Anyway, i thought getting pregnant a second time would be easy, and honestly, if she comes back with lots of complicated treatment options, then we will probably pass and start pursuing adoption. I just wish that i knew what the hell my body has been up to all these years.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:27 pm 

TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
Has anyone had any luck with maca powder? I heard it increases female fertility and makes ones cycle more stable. And as soon as I saw, "fertility" and "cycle" on the packet, I bought some. Even though it was kind of pricey (although not as pricey as the spirulina I also bought).

I bought some maca powder after asking the health food store people if they had fertilitea which they didn't and she recommended maca for fertility instead.

I only used it regularly for a few weeks before starting clomid and then I kinda forgot about so I have no idea if it helps.

..Seems like such frustration for everyone here. Hopefully we start getting some good news.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:49 pm 

I'm resisting the urge to get an early pregnancy test. My period is due this weekend but I started spotting today. I thought at first that it was my period coming early (I'm not sure of my cycle yet off the pill) and was disappointed But then I read about implantation bleeding so I still have hope.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:58 pm 

made an appointment to get my progesterone level checked today because it is what I guess to be about a week post ovulation, and woke up this morning to have my temperature drop. Good news is that means my shortest cycle ever sans birth control 31-32 days or so, bad news is 1. definitely not pregnant, 2. blood test won't be accurate to tell me a lot, although going by temperatures seems clomid made me ovulate again. 3. I have to try to explain why I waited until today to get my blood tested and explain the whole long cycle that I thought I was having again, guess wine with dinner tonight

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:46 am 

Got my period today. I know I said I wasn't expecting it to take on the first try after going off the pill, but I'm still a bit disappointed. For two weeks I'm thinking "could I be pregnant" and watching what I drink and worrying about if taking my allergy medicine is ok. Oh well, at least I can dye my hair now.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:14 am 
Not NOT A Furry

jildez wrote:

It's just an evaluation of your thyroid function. (Serum TSH doesn't mean anything to your doctor without measuring free T3 and T4 levels.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 939 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 38  Next