| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: conceivin' thread
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:37 pm 
Nooch of Earl

So sorry, Bastah. *hugs* I hope you and your partner are getting the IRL support you need.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:31 am 
***LIES!!!***

Oh, Bastah, what a roller coaster! I'm so sorry it's turned out this way.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:23 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I'm so sorry, bastah.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:31 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

i'm so sorry bastah. that's really really hard.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:24 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Bastah, I'm sending lots of love and hugs your way. So sorry for your loss.

Yay, and verily he said unto them, "Eat this nooch for it tastes kind of like cheese, and drink this kombucha for it is awesome. And don't be a vegan hating douche because no one likes an asshat." - DancesWithTofu

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:12 am 
Not NOT A Furry

So I'm updating....

I went back to my RE at the fertility clinic last week. The long and short of it is: I need to lose more weight, but he's willing to escalate my treatment. I'm having some blood work done on days 3 and 25 of my cycle, I have to go for an HSG (CT scan with fluro contrast to visualize my uterus and tubes... at the hospital where I work, no less... ask me how much I look forward ot that), and DH has to... you know... in a specimen cup. He's also put me on a waiting list for an exploratory laparoscopy to rule-out endometriosis and ablation of lesions if necessary. And he wants me temp charting, so I've been doing it faithfully for the last week and a half. When all my blood work and HSG are done he's gonna see me again and determine the next course of action.

So that's the plan, so far. I wanna feel hopeful, but I'm wrestling with hopeless right now.

Just talked to the DH, and our tax-return will be in the bank this week... so we're gonna book our trip to Mexico. Leaving in 120 days. :-)

Yay, and verily he said unto them, "Eat this nooch for it tastes kind of like cheese, and drink this kombucha for it is awesome. And don't be a vegan hating douche because no one likes an asshat." - DancesWithTofu

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 8:01 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I hope it all goes well, Always Hungry! At least you have a fun trip to look forward to.

So I think I'm going crazy. I stopped bleeding (from the miscarriage) at the very end of last month (the 29th of April, I think). I feel like I'm pregnant again, but it's so soon. Probably too soon. I have so many symptoms, and I swear I was ovulating last week (test strips said no, mucus said yes). The symptoms aren't in my head, so it's either a coincidence that I'm getting these or I have the longest bout of PMS ever. The issue is that since I'm a total wuss, I have to go to get a blood test next week to see if my HCG level is zero (I was supposed to do this a couple weeks ago), but if I'm pregnant again, then won't it be higher than zero? So my choice will be to get a D&C (they'll suspect it's just left over from my last pregnancy) or to get another blood test to see if my HCG goes up. I forking hate blood tests!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:34 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Bastah: A blood test has gotta be easier than a D&C, honey. I hope it's quick and painless for you.

Update: I'm having surgery in a month! I got a call Thursday that my RE got me on the OR slate for June 17 for an exploratory lap and ablation of adhesions for endometriosis. I'm really really happy about this, and at the same time scared. I've never had any kind of surgery before. And despite working in a hospital for 10 years, I've never been a patient in hospital before. But I'm so grateful that something is being done, and soon.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:54 am 
Semen Strong

Many good thoughts for your laparotomy and lots of stickysticky baby thoughts!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:37 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I'm hopeful that the findings will be somewhat normal, because allthough I have a family history of endo, my symptoms aren't anything close to what my mother experienced. If I have adhesions, they'll be ablated. At best, I regain my fertility. At worst, I'm still infertile but at least my menstrual pain will be somewhat alleviated.

I'm reading The PCOS Diet Book right now, and I'm so so hopeful. If I keep-up eating well and exercising, then science is on my side and I can hope to have ovulatory cycles before too long. I checked back on my Pink Pad app, and for the last year all but 2 cycles have been 30-35 days length which is awesome. And this cycle I have charted faithfully and for the first time I've had a definite rise and plateau in my waking temps starting CD18; for the first time, my chart looks like an ovulatory chart. ...and DH and I just happened to do the baby-mambo on the right day, too.

Anyway... that's what's up. :-)

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 10:53 am 

Now, I've seen it all. Has anyone had this happen? So I stopped bleeding around April 29th (miscarriage at almost 6 weeks), then I was positive I was ovulating, then I was positive I got pregnant, because I got all my old pregnancy symptoms, then I got what was reminiscent of my miscarriage last month... pain, heavy period, gross stuff, etc. So has anyone here had a chemical pregnancy sooner than three weeks after the end of a miscarriage? When it comes to me and PMS, I don't really get any pain and a lot of times, I don't even know my period is coming, because there aren't signs (aside from wanting chocolate), so this was very unusual. The period/miscarriage/who knows what started on Friday and will hopefully end soon.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:32 am 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

I wonder if its that your hormones are all kinda twisted up right now and so its all kinda of different and may take some time to get back on track?

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:05 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I suppose it's entirely possible that you ovulated and conceived soon after miscarrying, but after a very recent miscarriage perhaps your endometrium just isn't primed for implantation just yet? (Just speculating here.)

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:39 pm 

Yeah, not sure. Next time, I want to wait until after I've had my period

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:53 am 
Inflexitarian

We plant to start TTC in July so I thought I thought I would like to chart a little bit- well my temps are all over everywhere (probably because I don't sleep soundly anymore), and I never got a positive OPK :( I really thought since I have been having regular periods for the last 7 months that I was ovulating regularly too...I guess I am still pumping too much? Anyway that was disappointing. I am going to be slowly dropping my pumps per day so I can be done with pumping by mid-july but I was really hoping for an April baby!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:05 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

good thoughts your way bastah.

I have ovarian cysts that are not responding to treatment. (birth control) I am going to give it another month or two before I have them check out my fallopian tubes. This is exhausting. Plus I have so much support from friends and family. That can also be exhausting at times.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:12 pm 
Inflexitarian

that is tough PugMom - do the cysts have to be gone for your fertility treatment to work? I told my sister and one friend that we were planning on TTC and now they both ask me regularly if I have any news...so I know how you feel with the great support feeling not so great at times!! I hope your issues get resolved soon.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:45 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I think it's helpful (at least it would be to me) if people would tell you if they want to asked about it or not.

I have a friend who I know has been trying to conceive for a long time. She gives me updates periodically, but I never ask about it. I do worry if I'm being a crasshole for NOT asking. Next time she brings it up, I'm going to ask how I can best support her.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:59 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Just to interject on that...

I think everyone knows who the caring people are in their lives, and that they're the ones who ask "how are you?" because they really want to know. If your friend needs to talk about it, she'll talk about it. :-)

UPDATE: I had my HSG last Friday, and WHOAH did I get myself worked-up over nothing - it lasted maybe 2 minutes, very mild and brief discomfort, and the gyne doc who did my procedure was completely awesome. I don't have a report yet, but the Dr showed me the x-ray: my tubes are patent, and I have a normal uterus with the exception of some scarring on the left lateral portion.

Surgery is on Monday. I'm less scared now than I was before the HSG, a little more worried now about recovery time and avoiding lifting for a month.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:49 am 
Not NOT A Furry

UPDATE: Surgery was yesterday, and it went fine. I have adhesions on the left side of my uterus and endometriosis on my right ovary. Nothing on the exterior. Adhesions have been ablated. I'm not in a lot of pain, and I'm not bleeding much. I slept most of the day (thank-you, doctor, for all the lovely drugs), so now it's nearly 4am and I'm awake watching Coronation Street and eating macaroni and tofu bacon and vegan brownies and diet coke.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:26 am 
Semen Strong

Sending you many many good thoughts for a quick and complete recovery <3 <3 <3

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:26 am 
Nooch of Earl

*hugs* I'm glad your surgery went well, AH. Have a speedy and (relatively) pleasant recovery! Take it easy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:30 am 
Inflexitarian

So I had a positive OPK this month! I know that doesn't necessarily mean I am ovulating - but after not even getting a positive one last month it made me so happy! The husband was uncooperative though (he says we agreed on TTC in July when Giles is 1 and so THAT is when we are going to start) so maybe next month? I mean we DID agree to start in July and hopefully have an April baby, but what is one month earlier? I am not a very patient person.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:30 pm 
Naked Under Apron

annasrobbie wrote:
The husband was uncooperative though (he says we agreed on TTC in July when Giles is 1 and so THAT is when we are going to start) so maybe next month? I mean we DID agree to start in July and hopefully have an April baby, but what is one month earlier? I am not a very patient person.

Ha! The same thing happened to me when my husband and I were going to start TTC almost 6 years ago. We were going to start in August/September, but I wanted to start a month or two early and he was all 'NO WAY!'

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:11 am 

Last time, my first symptom was sciatica (which I had never had before), which is usually a symptom that comes later in the pregnancy. THIS time, I have freaking carpal tunnel out of nowhere and my ankles are killing me. If this isn't pregnancy, then I'm really pissed off. I'm going to just go with pregnancy though. I'll know for sure in hopefully less than a week. The only thing is that I'm dieting, so I don't know if I can continue that until I have confirmation. I'm still eating a lot of calories though, so maybe.

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 880 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next