| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri May 22, 2015 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hitting Incident, what would you do?
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 3:50 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

We had an incident at the kids' fitness classes yesterday where Beet hit a kid who was on his spot (they were all standing on dots). Beet has apologised to the kid and I was going to have Beet write a letter of apology and give him a little gift, and if Beet hits another classmate, I won't let him take the class anymore. I've also had several lengthy discussions with Beet about his behaviour and controlling his temper and not hurting others. (I didn't get a chance to talk to the mom after the class, as the instructors were still talking to me while the mom and her son left, but if I see her again, I'm going to tell her I'm sorry.)

Is there anything else I can do?

The instructors didn't seem upset about it said this happens every so often, but I am a hardcore pacifist and really disapprove of bullying and violence.* I also got bullied a lot when I was a kid and only one kid's parent(s) ever did anything about it: he kid wrote me an apology and give me a present -- I knew his mom and/or dad had a hand in it, but it was the only time anyone had ever apologised for being a jerk to me and it made me feel a lot better...plus, getting a present seemed so cool! (It was a 3D cube puzzle thing.)

* (Even though Vax's imaginary friend is Putin, which I think is hilarious)