| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Feeding vegan kids
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:29 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Rutabaga is a tough first food! It has a really strong (and not good) taste to me. I highly recommend sweet potatoes as a blander root veggie.

I just got Malka a snack trap. She loves it, but of course immediately figured out how to spill all the snack on the floor and/or pulverize it within the cup and then shake out the crumbs. Once we had that in hand, she wouldn't eat anything that wasn't in it for the rest of the day, so it was a lot of Os and freeze-dried fruit today.

But suddenly, she really does seem to have an appetite! She ate three actual meals yesterday including lots of fruits and veggies!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:39 pm 
Nooch of Earl

I think the snack cup worked well for about a day for us - it may prevent accidental messes, but definitely not deliberate ones!!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:30 pm 
Semen Strong

Ha! We have the same issue. Leela figures out cups and containers really quickly and then we have very expensive dogfood.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:00 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Dahlia is such an odd kiddo - she still loves her snack trap and only opened it up maybe once. These days, if she's sitting in our livingroom eating it, I'll take the lid off it because she can be trusted to not spill it everywhere, but mainly we used it in her stroller or carseat when she was younger.

Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7