| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
 Post subject: Re: Sweet dreams (advice/questions about kid sleep)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:16 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

sashi, we've had this debate too about Dahlia. We've always felt that she MUST nap because she acts like a super jerk when she doesn't, and we just don't have the right schedule to put her to bed an hour early - bedtime is still so close to dinner as it is. For us, even when she's had periods where she goes to her room but doesn't really nap, after a few days she always starts napping again, usually right around the time we're starting to say "fork it, I guess she's done taking naps" haha.

but the whole scheduling with the baby's naps is hard! Ada is in school in the morning, right? So that means you'd probably have to somehow make her nap after school even if Alice has already had her nap, and that's tricky. We're lucky that D doesn't expect us to lay down with her at this point so all H does is read her a story and tuck her in, and then goes back to the living room with S. Any chance you could at least just have Ada have quiet time in her room which may then lead to a little nap? I know it's tough to expect her to be happy alone in her room when she probably just wants to play with Alice!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:24 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Yeah Ada goes in the morning. Right now Alice sleeps when she is at school and is ready for another nap by the time Ada is home eating lunch. Our thing everyday is Ada eats lunch, then I put Alice down for a nap when Ada is close to finishing lunch and let Ada watch something on the iPad, then when Ada is done I lay down with her. Ada would never sit in her room quietly (especially if Alice is up!) but she will play by herself in the living room (if Alice is sleeping she needs to play in the living room so that Alice doesn't get woken up). Today she decided she didn't want to nap so I told her I need some time to myself if she is not napping and she played next to me on the couch which was fine. I just wonder if she had a week with no nap if her body would adjust and she wouldn't be so off the wall.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:47 pm 
Nooch of Earl

A friend posted this article, I liked it. http://sweetmadeleine.ca/2013/10/14/her ... ant-sleep/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:17 pm 
ol' garly cooch

Our dilemma right now is Blasto will not sleep without one of us in his bed. We've managed to get him to stay part of the night in his bed with the help of his dream light and some music, but he almost always crawls in our bed at 2 or 3 in the morning because he can't bear sleeping alone. How did y'all wean your kids from sleeping with you?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 679 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28