| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: BLW and Playing with Foods
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:17 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Go Alice, go!

I feel like those photos remind me of an early Leela-meets-avocado photo...?

Westiebaby eats so much I feel like some days she eats more than me, I don't know where it all goes!! [well, yeah I do, I'm the only one who changes nappies around here, after all!]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:33 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Hahaha!!! Alice is like what the hell is this??? Oh wait! NOM!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:01 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

The last couple of days Alice has been making these hilarious faces when she bites off chunks of something and has to chew and swallow it. Yesterday was a steamed carrot and today butternut squash. She starts banging a bunch on the high chair with her hands, makes this face of disgust and surprise like "not this again! Where did this come from! What do I do?!" and then finally chews and swallows. And then she looks all proud of herself. Repeat. And today she bit of a huge chunk of butternut squash and I thought she'd spit it out because it was huge but she managed to actually get it down. Anyway, we finally had diaper with bits of food in it a couple of days ago and I was weirdly happy about the gross diaper.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:54 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

you were happy about the gross diaper? LOL! That's a first!

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:47 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

babies first hummus!
she seemed to like it!

this was at thanksgiving so when we got home i made her some "baby hummus" which is just hummus without the salt and all the garlic i put in.

she seems to be better about actually putting things in her mouth though i dont think there is much eating yet though i just found the hull from a bean from a green bean in her diaper! huzzah!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:22 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

what kind of yogurt do you guys give babies?
i eat the fruit and creamy silk yogurt and its REALLY sweet. the second ingredient is sugar.

i got BP a vanilla coconut milk yogurt to try but the second ingredient is still sugar. organic cane sugar or something but still sugar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:30 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

LP, this whole soygurt shortage has been terrible for us because we always gave both kids plain soy (Wildwood had the least sugar, but of course that's been discontinued so for a while it was Whole Soy). Nowadays I give Sierra the So Delicious Coconut Plain flavor but it does have quite a bit of sugar, maybe a little less than the vanilla maybe. It's not a daily thing at all, but she does seem to love it and doesn't really get any other sugar so I figure it's ok. However, I still can't wait for the soy to come back!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:10 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I've been looking EVERYWHERE for plain unsweetened yogurt (to make some cheese also) and can't find any.

http://www.nancysyogurt.com/index.php/p ... ltured-soy

It has agave though...

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:00 pm 
Inflexitarian

We tried Nancy's and personally found it to be inedible. I was told by out Whole Food's guy that soy yogurt will be back starting in January (thank goodness!) like other posters have said the plain wildwood has the least sugar and they came out with a unsweetened version about a year ago. I've experimented with adding a tiny bit of agave to it so it's edible on it's own but not full of 20grams of sugar. The silk brand, which is the only one I can find right now has 18-20grams of sugar per 6 ounces which is just a few grams shy of an 8 ounce serving of soda. I've also made my own coconut and soy yogurt with great results. Here's my coconut milk recipe http://veganguineapig.blogspot.com/2013 ... ogurt.html

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:15 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Oh we bought the Nancy's too and Ada would not eat it. The first yogurt Ada had was the coconut one and then she was eating the Whole Soy yogurt on most days until it went away. Now she's eating plain coconut yogurt again. But yeah, so much sugar. I'll probably wait a bit until giving any to Alice. Ada won't drink straight up cups of any kind of milk so we let her have the yogurt almost everyday just to get the extra calcium, especially if she doesn't drink a smoothie with soy milk in it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:24 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i gave her some of the So Delicious Vanilla yogurt. i was kind of freaking out over how sweet it was and the sugar in it and then i remembered she doesnt really actually eat anything.
she got maybe like a half teaspoon actually in her mouth :-P

i also remembered her 6 month old cousin eats milkshakes and frosting so a tiny bit of yogurt was probably ok in the grand scheme of things.

im psyched to hear Whole Soy is coming back in January.

i can only find it at Whole Foods but it was my favorite

i actually had some plain dairy yogurt in the fridge i had bought for the dogs and it had no sugar in it. just milk and yogurt cultures. we're planning on raising BP veggie rather than vegan and letting her decide on her own when shes old enough but i still couldnt bring myself to use the dairy yogurt.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:27 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Will eats SoDelicious plain Greek-style. It still has sugar, but far less than the vanilla or regular varieties. (I sometimes buy the chocolate Greek-style for myself, which totally defeats the purpose!)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:28 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

(Does the WholeSoy shortage also explain Trader Joe's missing soy yogurt?! I thought someone said it's the same stuff and it has been gone for months!)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:59 pm 
Inflexitarian

kdub wrote:
(Does the WholeSoy shortage also explain Trader Joe's missing soy yogurt?! I thought someone said it's the same stuff and it has been gone for months!)

I think so :( I just know I'll be glad when it's over!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:56 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Now I feel all lucky because here we have either Sojade or Provamel and Sojade is only soybeans, water, cultures. tiny wu loves it.

On the other hand for dinner she would only eat kale, blueberries, and buckwheat cracker, so yeah, tomorrow's diapers are going to be epic. Though possibly not as horrifying as the pickled beet obsession of last week.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 340 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14