| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Did your body change post partum?
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 2:29 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Geanie wrote:
My belly button is a wreck (stretched out with little stretch marks all around it), my hips are a bit wider, my lower abdomen will always be a little loose no matter what, and my boobs are smaller and look deflated.

Oh yeah! I totally forgot, but my innie belly button became neither an innie nor an outie. It was kind of just flat. Now it's temporarily an outie, because I'm pregnant, so we'll see what happes after.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:44 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

My nipples, which were very flat before, now stick out. A lot. (2.5 years of breastfeeding and counting will do that to you, I guess... haha.) My not-super-large boobs got a teeny bit bigger, but not noticeably. I'm a hippie who doesn't wear a bra so I can't gauge it by bra size. My stomach is cushier. Otherwise not much has changed.

I think my boobs have gotten very noticeably larger from this pregnancy though. Way more dramatic; I can definitely feel the difference and sometimes it's actually annoying. I'm curious to see what further changes I'll have postpartum this time around.

http://toocheapforpinenuts.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:54 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

littlebear wrote:
rohai wrote:
This thread scares me. I have no children yet, and I appreciate your honesty.

I think the body changing thing is interesting and not necessarily bad. Before I had grey I could have complained about things I didn't like about my body and now I have different things and things I like. Mostly, I find it fascinating that my body is changing so much. The boy is literally sucking the fat out of me! Also, having grey is amazing and even if my body is gross or something after all this, it will be worth it, I might not love it, but it will be worth it.

Yes, this! I was very happy with my body pre-baby. Not everything is as pretty now, but I still love it. I'm in awe of how beautifully designed a woman's body is after going through childbirth and nursing!

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 4:15 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Super different - I was a busty hourglass before and now I have even huger boobs and almost no waist. I also have a diastasis right under my ribs from pregnancy #2, so there's an odd pooch up there unless I'm actively pulling it in. Hoping my boobs mellow out when I'm done nursing, and weight loss and exercise tone up the gut situation. I'm also one of those lucky ladies that doesn't lose weight while breastfeeding - I didn't budge a pound beyond the initial loss until my first baby weaned, same story so far this time. But like others have said, I really don't worry about any of this. I was obsessed with my body and thought I was always too fat before my kids - that was 20 pounds ago - but now I feel strong and beautiful, just bigger and softer.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:09 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

Axel Foley wrote:
I also have a diastasis right under my ribs from pregnancy #2, so there's an odd pooch up there unless I'm actively pulling it in..

i had an amazing diastasis (mmmm, i can feel my intestines!!!! awesomes) and the muscles never got as close as they were pre-twins, but the weird shapes and stuff fixed right up once i started working out.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 11:35 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I want there to be another way! :) Baby girl is eight months old and I'm just now getting the occasional desire to go running.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 4:30 am 
ol' garly cooch

I'll never get rid of my apron/ mudflap. I've done every stomach exercise in the book and it is jelly. I've just come to accept that is part of the aging process for my body. When I see other moms who have had a bunch of kids and still manage to look good, I chalk it up to genetics.

I'm oddly enough, much thinner than I ever was prior to pregnancy. I have no idea if my metabolism changed or what, but that's the way it is. I get sick of having to explain to people that I'm not on a diet, that veganism didn't make me lose all kinds of crazy weight, and that yes--I eat. I eat real food and I eat a lot of it.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:50 am 
Married to the wolfman

Oh, I thought of this thread yesterday when I put on a pair of pants that was too small pre pregnancy and they fit. Delighted, I attempted to equip my pre-pregnancy favorite jeans. FAIL. I guess the first pair sits more at the hips... Which might be smaller now? And my favorites hit at the waist, which is still inflated. Still, unexpected and strange.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:58 am 
Married to the wolfman

So on the yay side: I am now officially back at my pre pregnancy weight.

On the boo side: I am still shaped differently than I was to start with, and differently than I was after the Emperor. I feel like I'd be lookin' sooooo hot if I could just somehow remove my stomach from the equation.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:10 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

coldandsleepy wrote:

On the boo side: I am still shaped differently than I was to start with, and differently than I was after the Emperor. I feel like I'd be lookin' sooooo hot if I could just somehow remove my stomach from the equation.

I so hear you! I now weigh 20 lbs less than my pre-preg weight, but my waist measurement is the same. I've never had a tiny waist, but now my hips, butt, and legs are so small it just looks ridiculous.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:26 am 
Semen Strong

I put on my pre-preg swimsuit and it squishes my boobs so I have four boobtrusions - 2 over the cleavage (aka neck boob) and 2 side boobs. Plus my migrated breast tissue that gives me an A-cup in my armpit. Bigger boobs, smaller (read flatter and less muscled) asparagus and a ginormous stomach. Oddly, I don't really mind today

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:44 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

My body has changed a lot! I feel like I have the body of a robot, a big square upper body and little legs. Also, my little tummy is now a flap and I have back fat! I wish I didn't feel so out of proportion.

Gumboots & Cats Facebook Page
http://www.gumbootsandcats.tumblr.com/
http://www.gumbootsandcats.blogspot.com/
http://www.gumbootscatsvegansnacks.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:26 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Having a child has answered many of the questions that I used to have about the general public's bodies.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:03 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Also, I still wear my maternity pants or leggings. There is no way I would fit into my regular clothes without a serious muffintop

Gumboots & Cats Facebook Page
http://www.gumbootsandcats.tumblr.com/
http://www.gumbootsandcats.blogspot.com/
http://www.gumbootscatsvegansnacks.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:34 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Butternut wrote:
Having a child has answered many of the questions that I used to have about the general public's bodies.

This. Now when I see apple-shaped ladies with a midriff spare tire I think, I bet she's a mom. And also, hey, that's me!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:18 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

I'm here to gripe that my bellybutton - which became a giant outie during this last pregnancy - is back to being an innie, but its so wide and cavernous that often while nursing Sierra lying on my side, when she kicks and tries to "climb" me, her little foot gets in there and man that hurts!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:38 am 
Married to the wolfman

Audrey, I laughed so hard at that... I know exactly what you mean though. Mine was like that after the Magician. 5 months pp, it's pretty much normal again. Feet definitely don't fit in there.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:45 am 
Chip Strong

How long did it take for you all to heal from a vaginal birth? It's been almost 7 weeks for me and I still feel like I'm not quite there yet. I know things are not going to look exactly the same as before, but I still feel a tiny bit swollen. I had my 6 week midwife visit yesterday and she thinks my tear healed fine. I'm kind of paranoid about being completely healed before attempting "relations" (this odd lactation consultant that I saw kept talking to me about "relations", and I kept saying "sex", but she wouldn't stop saying "relations", so I guess that's what the medical community is calling it now).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:58 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I have the teeniest of tears and just a couple stitches and I totally did not feel back to normal there until way past 6 months. And it's now just a couple days from 11 months and I still feel like, "sex, eh, I could live without it." So, um, yeah.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:36 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Moooo, with my first baby, the equipment was not up to a usable standard until about 3 months postpartum.

Interestingly, I had an almost identical tear the second time but was able to have sex without it being too horrifying at 6 weeks pp. It wasn't totally fine, but doable. The first time we tried at like 4 weeks pp, it just wasn't happening.

I'm 6 months pp now and about 8 lbs under my pre pregnancy weight... Aaand still, none of my clothing fits right. Woo. I noticed just recently that my stomach is starting to look more normalish though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:50 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Yeah, the first time I think we didn't have sex until a few months after - I had a small tear with stitches. This time will probably be closer to 6 or 8 weeks. It's 4 weeks right now, and I feel a bit tender, though I think everything's pretty well healed up. No stitches this time.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:54 pm 
Chip Strong

Thank you guys for the honest feedback! I was starting to feel like something was wrong with me for not feeling healed because seriously all of the patients I see have had sex before their six week postpartum visit.

I'm only five pounds over my normal weight (I think, I hadn't weighed myself in years before I got pregnant so I was guessing), but my clothes totally don't fit. I've just been wearing dresses and loose stuff for now but I really hope I can wear my normal pants by the time it's pants season because I hate shopping for clothes so much.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:14 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Groan. I am having the most annoying problem. I've lost the baby weight and then some, but only an odd assortment of my parts have shrank. My breasts have not shrank even a little. But my under boob area has. So my 38E bras, which were a little small in the cups but tolerable... The cups fit the same but the bands are all too large. I am procrastinating measuring myself to be sure because it is so damn hard to find bras that fit that are actually supportive yet not horrible... I can't bear the thought of it getting worse if I end up with some really weird size like 36G. Sigh.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:17 pm 
Saggy Butt

This may be a dumb question, but do your boobs eventually go back to their pre-pregnancy size after you're done nursing? That is, if you lose your baby weight?

I'm trying to decided whether I should keep all my old bras (well, older, but they're still nice!) around or donate them (there's a drive for the women's shelter currently going on).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:24 pm 
Married to the wolfman

I read somewhere reputable (kellymom?) that most women end up with somewhat smaller breasts than they had pre-baby after weaning. Not a LOT smaller but a bit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next