| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Did your body change post partum?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:06 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I'm curious about this myself! I was a 34DD before my first kid. I never lost the last 10 pounds after having him, and then I was a 36DDD. When I was pregnant with my second kid I was a 36G and then nursing, I was a 36I...boy, those were some pretty bras. Now she's been weaned for two months, I'm working out and eating well, and I feel in the neighborhood of my pre-second-pregnancy weight, and I'm a 36DDD again. I used to think these were huge boobs, but having been an I cup, I feel downright petite and perky! I was pretty excited about maybe being a regular D for the first time since high school but I guess we're all different.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:29 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I am curious about this too, I am still turning but I took a serious amount of goats rue to try and increase my milk production at one point and I heard that it can create new breast tissue which makes me think my boobs will never be back to a 32B/C. I am going to miss those guys. I am a 34DD right now.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:55 am 
Nooch of Earl

At this point I have a huge range of bras and I'm holding on to ALL of them. I will probably go for a fitting once I'm done nursing, but I'm not looking forward to it because they're always so smug with the "you're wearing the wrong size, foolish mortal!!" when, yeah, that's why you're there, because these things *change*. Bah.

Anyway, I'm feeling pretty good about my body, though it took until Violet was almost a year for me to fit in my pre-pre-pregnancy clothes. I was already on the big end of normal when I got pregnant and now I'm back to more normal end of normal, and I don't feel like my body has really changed *that* much. Also, I'd say I didn't really have a sex drive much until V was eating a hefty amount of solid food - 9 or 10 months. I had a very tiny tear and it didn't really heal well enough for me not to notice some discomfort until, I don't know, probably at least 6mo pp.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:01 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

coldandsleepy wrote:
I read somewhere reputable (kellymom?) that most women end up with somewhat smaller breasts than they had pre-baby after weaning. Not a LOT smaller but a bit.

Mine were a bit smaller after my first son weaned. Then I got pregnant again, and now that I'm nursing, I'm the same size as last time I was nursing.

Postpartum bodies are so fascinating! The first time, I felt that I was pretty much back to my same size and shape, other than breasts (while I was nursing) within a few months. This time, my hips seem to be permanently wider - not from weight, but the actual shape/position. I also noticed my arms and back got a bit chubby during pregnancy this time, though it is going away now.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:31 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

So I was wondering if anyone here had Acne that cleared up while they were pregnant and if so did it stay away after pregnancy? My acne was nearly non-existent during my pregnancy and 3 weeks post-partum my skin is still clear. I am crossing my fingers it stays that way!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:43 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I got terrible back acne postpardum. I hadn't had that for like 15 years. Still have it a little bit, I'm assuming I will have it until I quit nursing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:47 pm 
Chip Strong

I didn't have acne before but I often had a pimple or two, and I didn't have a single one while I was pregnant, and still haven't at 8 weeks postpartum! I'm crossing my fingers, too.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:14 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Mine cleared up and stayed that way for probably 6-7 months post-partum.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:14 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Still acne free 13 months pp. and I think my skin looks awesome, I was admiring it this morning!

And I think maybe my sex drive is finally coming back!!! Grey is eating a ton more so I am sure that has something to do with it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:19 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

You guys, I think my boobs have gone down from a 38DDD to 38DD. Finally, a small step in the right direction!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:43 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

mandycoot wrote:
This may be a dumb question, but do your boobs eventually go back to their pre-pregnancy size after you're done nursing? That is, if you lose your baby weight?
I'm trying to decided whether I should keep all my old bras (well, older, but they're still nice!) around or donate them (there's a drive for the women's shelter currently going on).

I'm down to nursing just once a day and my boobs are pretty much down to their pre-pregnancy size -- I was a 32A (more like 32A-) and I can fit into those bras again, although I am not sure I can get away with the unsupportive bras I used to have because I don't have anti-gravity boobs anymore. My rib cage is also a little bigger, but not enough to change my bra band size

I've been exercising and trying to get my pre-preg body back (with great results -- nothing other than exercising every day worked, though) and I pretty much have it back, although when I was doing some planks and forward bends, I noticed there is some extra skin hang from my belly. It's not really noticeable when I'm standing, though.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:44 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Glad to hear all the talk about boobs shrinking back to normal. Visiting my family, one of my sisters kept saying that she was jealous of my "mommy boobs". It was fun for like two months during pregnancy in that second trimester "I'm so horny I may die" phase, but after that...meh. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:35 pm 
Married to the wolfman

I measured and then bought a bra in my new size... Same brand and style I wore pre-children in a 38DD. The new one? A 34H. I don't understand how this works but it fits great, like I remember from years long since gone by.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:20 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

A friend of mine is visiting and last night we were walking around and she said that her foot hurt, we talked a little more and she explained this pain that was like nerve under her toes and it felt like they were being squeezed together and it happens to her if she walks around/wear shoes too long. (She is a yoga teacher and spends most of her days barefoot). Anyway, I said, oh man, I used to get that all the time too! Then I realized I haven't had it happen since I had Grey! Hooray for feet spreading and getting bigger, it stopped foot pain!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:33 am 
Inflexitarian

Yep! Went down to a 42C as of two weeks ago and had gone all the way up into the Fs after breastfeeding. At least it makes bras cheaper!

My skin around my middle is pretty loose, I think it looks terrible but DH has reassured me he loves me anyways. (I lost baby weight very quickly)

Oh and my brain is more nuts than normal. I'm insanely good at multitasking, terrible at anxiety (I have PPD but just got my med yesterday for that)

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/GeekKnowledge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:53 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I am 3 lbs away from my pre-pregnancy weight and my pre-preg pants are not even close to fitting! Looking back through this thread I see that is a very common problem. I am upset that I am going to have to pants shopping though. My least favorite activity. I feel like my hips, butt, and thighs are back to their usual selves but I have this tummy pooch that seems impervious to all the ab-sercises I have been doing in the last 6 weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:19 am 
Bathes in Braggs

This is the first week that I've been comfortable going to sleep without a bra (Ezra is now three, and still nursing). I think I'm going to have a party.

I'm still at the weight I was right after Ezra was born (but I put on about 25lbs after that, and then just lost it this past year), but it's definitely distributed in different areas of my body (see above note about needing a bra while sleeping.)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:15 am 
***LIES!!!***

Finally got measured and bought real bras again. I am a 42C, up from pre-preg 36C. I'm hoping if I ever lose weight it'll come back down. My breasts themselves never changed size at all through pregnancy and nursing, but my rib cage/back got huge.

P.s. I look about twenty pounds lighter wearing a real bra as opposed to a floppy nursing bra. Like twenty people have commented on it already.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:27 am 
Married to the wolfman

flavabean wrote:
This is the first week that I've been comfortable going to sleep without a bra (Ezra is now three, and still nursing). I think I'm going to have a party.

I'm still at the weight I was right after Ezra was born (but I put on about 25lbs after that, and then just lost it this past year), but it's definitely distributed in different areas of my body (see above note about needing a bra while sleeping.)

I never slept in a bra pre-children, despite my mega hoots. Now I would rather stab a fork in my eye than go to sleep without my comfy bra.

What I really wish is that my breasts could sleep elsewhere. I'm tired of co-sleeping. With them.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:41 am 
Bathes in Braggs

just need to say:

NOT HAPPY WITH THE CURRENT STATE OF AFFAIRS.

that is all.

:(

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:31 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

Ariann, I'm with you on the ribcage/back thing too. I've always had a broad back and I hate that it seems to be even worse now. And yes the tummy pooch thing that annasrobbie mentioned makes all pants look awful on me, but I've always been more of a dress person. My breasts never really got huge, even through pregnancy and engorgement, so I'm fine sleeping without a bra. (I do miss my 20s though, when I didn't need a bra and was 40lbs lighter though, damn!!) I refuse to weigh myself but I suspect the number would fall somewhere around my weight pre-Dahlia, which I try to be happy about at least.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 2:48 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Ariann wrote:
P.s. I look about twenty pounds lighter wearing a real bra as opposed to a floppy nursing bra. Like twenty people have commented on it already.

This makes me want to go out and get a real bra right now. I mean, I know I'm up the duff, but I feel like my bra size is changing so much, so fast, only shelf bras seem to work. Maybe after I pop and my ribcage gets back to normal, I should go out to M&S and get fitted for some proper nursing bras.

Also, sorry LB!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:05 am 
Seagull of the PPK

i hate to say this out loud, but it's 13 years post-boobage and i still have to wear a bra 24/7, even after losing all the weight. [count me in about being unhappy with the state of affairs] i never got any pleasant sensation back in my nipples, which means that any sex stuff involving nipples is still just really uncomfortable and annoying (as is almost any touch there). the volume went down when i lost weight but they're deflated, and i would just prefer it if they sort of dried up and dropped off, really. you did your job, ladies, now go retire in Boca Raton or something.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:27 am 
Bathes in Braggs

torque wrote:
i never got any pleasant sensation back in my nipples, which means that any sex stuff involving nipples is still just really uncomfortable and annoying (as is almost any touch there).

YES. This bothers me so much.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:08 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Mine are the opposite -- I hated anyone touching them before I started nursing. It was annoying and they were too sensitive. Now I don't mind a little nipple action.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next