| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Did your body change post partum?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:02 pm 
Married to the wolfman

I've literally never had noteworthy pleasant sensation in my nipples! Except while pregnant with M. (Not with his brother. Weird, huh?) Also, I'm 20 lbs lighter than when I was pregnant the first time, so I don't think these things are going anywhere.

I'm terrified of what's going to happen to them when I stop nursing. Sometimes after M has nursed for a really long time, the empty boob is like... A puddle of wrinkly flesh. Is that what they're going to be like all the time once I stop nursing?

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:08 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

coldandsleepy wrote:
I've literally never had noteworthy pleasant sensation in my nipples! Except while pregnant with M.

OMG, that is probably what my deal is, since I haven't noticed it before. Doh!

coldandsleepy wrote:
I'm terrified of what's going to happen to them when I stop nursing. Sometimes after M has nursed for a really long time, the empty boob is like... A puddle of wrinkly flesh. Is that what they're going to be like all the time once I stop nursing?

I was really worried about that, too. My boobs got pretty small once Raygold was down to just nursing once a day before I got pregnant and didn't look as bad as a deflated milk boob. They weren't as perky as my pre-preg boobs, but they are holding up pretty damn well considering how long I've nursed and how big they get when my milk comes in. I know I will never have my gravity-defying 32AAs again, but I am pretty sure they aren't going to be as bad as I'd once feared, so it could be worse.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:03 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

I was trying on a new bathing suit yesterday and was just thinking about a conversation I had with my friend. She was saying how you can never get rid of that belly pooch after having a baby, things are never the same. And I told her mine was. She looked at me like I was crazy, and said that "No, you know what I mean. You lose the weight, but its never the same." But really, I pretty much do look the same.

My boobs are the only thing that really look different, but that's just because after 2+ years of breastfeeding, we still aren't done. So they're still a cup size bigger.

I'm not saying looking the same means I look perfect, but I definitely appreciate myself more now!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:25 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I agree, GinaKina, not everybody gets the belly pooch (I didn't). People get really touchy about that stuff, though!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:35 am 
Bathes in Braggs

yep, i have to chime in, breasts get a lot firmer than the saggy out-of-milk look they first have when you stop nursing, it just takes a little while. kinda like how your belly takes a while for the stretched look to go away.

as for me, my body hasn't had a good chance to go back to it's old self, my babe is only 14 months old and we're still nursing a lot. but i have to say, my body has gotten back into shape faster and better than after my first pregnancy....that's probs because i am running after a toddler and a 4 year old this time around. the running never stops hahhahaha.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:46 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I'm four months post-partum and I've been about 20 lbs above where I started for the past three months, despite eating healthily and exercising. I don't mind the extra weight, but I seem to be carrying a lot of it like a fanny pack where my belly used to be. :/

It seems like some of what's around my belly is extra skin. I say that because it hangs down in a way that fat on my body doesn't. Did anyone else experience this?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:04 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

annamal wrote:
I'm four months post-partum and I've been about 20 lbs above where I started for the past three months, despite eating healthily and exercising. I don't mind the extra weight, but I seem to be carrying a lot of it like a fanny pack where my belly used to be. :/

It seems like some of what's around my belly is extra skin. I say that because it hangs down in a way that fat on my body doesn't. Did anyone else experience this?

I definitely had extra belly skin. However I returned to (almost) my usual weight super fast, so I think because of the quick and drastic change, the loose skin hadn't had time to settle back to where it needed to go. I'm now a year postpartum (second child), and while I'm a bit doughy, there's hardly any skin. Once I finally start exercising more intensely/regularly, I think the doughiness may go away. But anyway, what I'm saying is I had extra skin, but it slowly went away. Just took time. Yay.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:08 pm 
Married to the wolfman

I'm almost a year and a half postpartum from my second and 25 lbs under my starting weight with him (which was 5-10 under my starting weight with his brother, so 30-35 lbs under my pre-babies weight) and my stomach still isn't back to what was normal for me before kids. I actually have a MUCH stronger core now, my abs are quite solid-- underneath a layer of jiggly hangy flab. I'm kinda convinced it's never going away and am starting to make peace.

This is not to scare you, just to let you know that it's not necessarily something wrong with what you're doing. Some of us are just lucky, ha ha.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:08 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Before I had Vax, but after 2 kids, my stomach was back to normal, but I had a bit of extra skin higher, around my ribs. Pretty sure I was still over 20lbs post partum 3 months after my first and for at least 2 months after my second. I couldn't even get my fat jeans above me knees for a few months.

So, I know in this thread I talked about having a loop hanging out of my vagina after having Reggie (it was a flap before that). I liked it as a loop, but it split having Vax and now it's two dangly prong things, like my Lady Holiday is doing the heavy metal sign. Which is all fine and dandy, except it's annoying and feels funny/annoying because it hangs out too far. I have a gyn appointment in Sept and am going to see if I can get it snipped off.
Also, either my perineum is still recovering or it got smaller or something -- it feels shorter. Maybe I tore a little or something? More questions for the gyn in Sept.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:36 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

My good friend is getting her boobs done and I'm kind of irrationally jealous about it. I know I'd never actually get it done, but I do miss the way things were.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:25 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Kiddo wrote:
My good friend is getting her boobs done and I'm kind of irrationally jealous about it. I know I'd never actually get it done, but I do miss the way things were.

My friend says she's getting a vaginoplasty after she has her second kid and said we should go on a girls' holiday and get ours done together and I was all, 'No way! I kind of like my vagina right now. It makes me look like I'm tough. People would look at it and say, "look at that vagina! I don't want to peas her off!" '

My boobs went back to their old size (not quite an A, but bigger than an AA) before I got pregnant this time and they were holding up really well, considering! They don't defy gravity the way they used to, but they were still lookin' good, if I do say so myself. Of course, I wish they still defied gravity, but they're doing better than I thought they would be.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:31 pm 

TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
Kiddo wrote:

My friend says she's getting a vaginoplasty after she has her second kid and said we should go on a girls' holiday and get ours done together and I was all, 'No way! I kind of like my vagina right now. It makes me look like I'm tough. People would look at it and say, "look at that vagina! I don't want to peas her off!" '

Ha! Maybe I should just get my boobs an eyepatch.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:47 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

So I used to be a fantastic champion sleeper. I could and would sleep 10 hours every night plus take a nap on the weekend and not have an issue sleeping the next night. Sleep was disrupted by pregnancy, mostly from being uncomfortable, and then of course during the newborn phase. But Giles has been sleeping through the night or only waking once in the night since about 3 months and I still sleep terribly. Even though I am so tired it takes forever to fall asleep and then I cannot stay asleep. I pretty much get sleep from around 11 to 1 and then wake every 30 minutes to an hour after that. Anyone else??? I have been holding out some hope that it is somehow related to breastfeeding and that when I wean my sleep powers will return...but I think that is wishful thinking. I know I don't get enough exercise, but I was exercising regularly for about a month and noted no improvements in sleep. Anybody have any super fabulous tricks? Yesterday I had to keep apologizing to my clients because I was yawning all the while they were talking... I need some sleep!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:26 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

has anyone ever experienced developing completely new food intolerances after giving birth.

im 3 months PP and i still dont feel good.
my stomach and digestive system is a mess and i also think i leak urine.

is this normal at this stage?

ugh.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:10 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I don't know about food intolerances (though I feel like pretty much anything is possible due to pregnancy/breastfeeding hormones!), but leaking urine is definitely normal. It takes your pelvic floor muscles a lot of time and effort to get back to normal! I already have a pelvic floor physical therapist lined up for after birth #2, haha.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:44 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

LisaPunk wrote:
has anyone ever experienced developing completely new food intolerances after giving birth.

im 3 months PP and i still dont feel good.
my stomach and digestive system is a mess and i also think i leak urine.

is this normal at this stage?

ugh.

Awww, I hope you feel better soon. I never really linked it with being postpartum, although looking back I'm fairly certain that's why, but I became really sensitive to soy when I returned to work after having my first kid. (I only noticed at the time, because I work in a cafe and drink a lot of soy lattes, and didn't really drink/eat much soy at home.) I had to quit drinking it for quite a while, but went back to drinking it no problem later on.

Digestive issues and leaking urine are pretty standard after birth. Kegels might be helpful for you, if you aren't doing them already. Just remember how moved around and squished your organs were not so long ago! It will take time for everything to go back to normal (or rather, new-normal.)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:39 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

The leaking pee thing is totally normal. I leak pee every day! I've been doing a lot of kegels and reading about the different types you can do and other things you can do to help your pelvic floor (doing squats (I read 10-20 a day); keeping your chest high/raised/good posture (lengthens your torso and keeps weight off your bladder and vagina/pelvic floor)). I also read most people don't keep the kegels up as long as they should because they don't see any improvement, but that you really need to do them for a few months before they start to improve anything. Anyway the standard kegel advice seems to be 10 reps of [hold for 10 seconds, release for 10 seconds] 3x a day (I try to do 9x a day because I'm crazy like that and paranoid after the whole cloth-that-I-thought-was-a-prolapse thing (kegels reduce your risk or prolapses and after that scare, I'd really love to never have one)).

As for food intolerance, I didn't have that, but my digestive system was woeful the whole time I was pregnant with Raygold and for a few weeks afterward.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:56 pm 

I had bad gas pains often for months after giving birth!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:49 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Right now I would love to do that downward-dog-with-one-leg-in-the-air pose without my vagina filling with air like some kind of weird flesh balloon. And my labia 'click' when I do squats.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:18 am 
Huffs Nooch

TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
Right now I would love to do that downward-dog-with-one-leg-in-the-air pose without my vagina filling with air like some kind of weird flesh balloon. And my labia 'click' when I do squats.

Oh man.. Sorry, but that made me giggle. "Weird flesh balloon"... Beautiful!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:06 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

thanks everyone! glad to know the leaking pee thing is still normal.
i knew it was normal early on but at 3 months i wasnt sure if i should still be leaky. it's not like when i was pregnant and a cough/laugh/sneeze/hiccup/anything would make me pee my pants this is more just....well leaking a little.
ive taken to wearing a pad because it annoys me so much.

i do kegels here and there but im pretty lazy about it.

the digestive stuff. i dunno. i *think* it relates to the stool softeners i have been taking. after i came home from the hospital i developed what my OB later told me was called a "fisher" and it was basically (as she described it) a paper cut in a very delicate area so every time i pooped i would cry and scream and bleed a little and she said to take the stool softeners fora good couple months.
well that was fine and dandy and helped with that issue but then i was just sooooo super gassy and my stomach was just blech so i started taking them every other day and it still was bleh and i just stopped them all together because it had been over a month. then like a week later i had a painful poop and it scared me back on the stool softeners and i really do think that might be what's causing it but im unsure. sometimes i do wonder if it is something like a newfound intolerance to soy (that would be horrible!)

i need to ramp up my water intake to help with the poop issue. it happened to be when i first went vegan (painful poops) and i know my water intake has dropped because i never have my hands free or i am always nursing a baby with my cup of water just out of reach.

also totally unrelated to the above but in a "how did my body chance post partum" i noticed my finger nails are hard as rocks. some people like to bite or pick at their nails. i like to crack them. i cant do it anymore. they are like made of steel now. WEIRD!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:37 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

LisaPunk wrote:
it's not like when i was pregnant and a cough/laugh/sneeze/hiccup/anything would make me pee my pants this is more just....well leaking a little.
ive taken to wearing a pad because it annoys me so much.

My friend had a straightforward birth 12 years ago and still leaks sometimes. Which reminds me, we are both exercise junkies -- I need to work a pee-90x joke into an email to her -- some of that plyometrics is killer for leaking.

Shamini wrote:
TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:

Oh man.. Sorry, but that made me giggle. "Weird flesh balloon"... Beautiful!

:D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:45 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:

Aughghhghgugh! This happens to me too when I do any remotely inverted posture. Definitely downward dog with the leg up. Also shoulder stands. Gah! I don't get the click though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:47 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

The click is from the gap between my inner labia. When I squat, they pop apart. UGH. The curtains are really open down there, as they say. (My friend's gyno said that to her!)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:28 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Hey -- bonus day at Boscov's -- just realised I can scream at my kids and not pee in my pants! And I haven't leaked changing any diapers lately. Maybe all these pelvic floor exercises are finally working (I read it takes ages to get results). I still feel weak at the pees (sorry, couldn't resist) late in the day, but I realised things are getting a bit better.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next