| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: Meetup! NYC! Babies!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:17 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Yeah, I almost don't want to go anywhere the rest of the season with all of the stuff that's going around (not that that's practical). The pediatrician said there's a lot more serious stuff going around this year. We never had to take Ada in for a sick visit before (except for that hand foot mouth disease thing that went around in the summer). Walking pneumonia is a more mild case so it's not the worst thing that can happen. We reluctantly started antibiotics before getting the results because, well, the results take so long to come in.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:14 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I hope Ada feels better soon! I am quite nervous about getting sick right now, too. So much hype about it around here lately. I tried to get a flu shot last weekend and they were all out in my neighborhood (went to several places before giving up). Thankfully babynut already had hers. Since I work at an elementary school, I feel doomed to get whatever is going around at some point. Since our household is currently sniffle-free, I feel we are living on borrowed time.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:55 pm 
***LIES!!!***

yes/no tomorrow?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:27 pm 

No. I thought we had cancelled it. I'm up for a meet up another time.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:27 pm 
***LIES!!!***

k

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:24 pm 

Anyone want to try to do a meetup before I pop this baby out? I'm thinking sometime in April because May might be a little crazy for us.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:25 pm 

And it seems to be getting warmer out so we might be able to even do a park again.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:26 pm 
Semen Strong

I will meet you any day and any time and any where. Just tell us what works!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:01 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I'm super flexible the week of April 14-20.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:45 pm 

I will be in Brooklyn Friday, April 5th and could find some time if anyone else is available!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:20 pm 

Ariann and Tofulish, would a weekend or weekday be better for you? If it's a weekday I'd need to work around Ada's nap (usually between 12:30/1-3/3:30) because I don't think I could manage her by myself at this point if she hasn't had a one.

Moo, where in Brooklyn are you going to be?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:25 pm 
Semen Strong

I think a sunday has worked well for everyone in the past. I am definitely in any day w/ enough notice though.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:01 pm 

I can usually come on weekend days but not weekdays. I understand sometimes that doesn't work for people, though. I would try to get my husband to bring babynut on a weekday, but I think he is too shy to manage that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:19 am 

We're visiting friends who live in Fort Greene so we'll be around that area. Now I'm realizing timing might be tight so this might not be the best day for us after all. I wish we could get there more often!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:07 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

yeah mooo would love to meet ya and have Scarlett meet Sierra since they're so close in age too! but I can only do weekends (or I guess, early weekdays since I don't have to be in til noon) because of work. It's too bad though because I'm not all that far from Fort Greene.
Sashi, I totally hear you on not being able to handle Ada without her nap. Dahlia is turning into a total demon on days she decides to just lay in bed and sing instead of napping, I can hardly handle her and I'm not even pregnant!
FYI, there is some amaaaazing-looking, hand-built playspace that just opened over in Williamsburg (it's called Twinkle...there are also places named Play and Frolic, but this place is HUGE and rivals the Brooklyn Children's Museum in coolness, from what I've heard). I really want to check it out, maybe some of you would be interested in a meetup over there? Only thing is, it's probably at least $20 for a kid + parent, so I bet I'll be spending $35 if its me, Dahlia, Howard and Sierra.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:18 pm 

Oh boo moo. We're pretty close to Fort Greene too.

Well lets try to do a weekend then so everyone can make it. Maybe April 14?

Audrey, that place sounds pretty cool. It looks like they're open 10-2 on weekends so even if we don't go there on the 14th we could try to meet up at 10 another day.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:12 pm 
Semen Strong

Twinkle sounds great! It looks like a much nicer version of the children's museum near us (at the same price!), which Leela liked, but it was a bit more advanced than she needed. I don't think would be up for a $30 playdate (and it looks like the $19 for one adult and one child is a special and the price will be going up) at this point, so I'd prefer a park or something free :)
http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/2013032 ... ns-museums

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:06 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

yeah I hear ya about the $, Tofulish. It definitely is not affordable, especially when I consider that Dahlia would want to stay for maybe 2 hours! It's funny because I've seen all kindsa Facebook posts as well as on our local listserv asking what the regular prices will be, but no response yet. That scares me haha. Although I think it is a special treat that we may reserve for D's birthday (which is coming up. gah. She's never asked for a party or anything so I think this would be a nice surprise for her.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:27 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

We were thinking about stopping in NYC either on our way to or our way home from Philadelphia on the weekend of the 13th. Any ideas on whether its feasible to drive into the city and find a kid friendly place to eat that's near somewhere Henry can run around for a little bit?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:32 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Ok, sorry to be non responsive. I can do Sunday the 14th, pretty much any day during the week (but Tuesday is best), and Saturday the 20th (rare Saturday off!).

Also down with spending little money.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:21 am 
Semen Strong

If its like the one near us, there will probably be tons of groupons and discounted deals for schools etc.... I'll be on the look out and maybe we can post here if one shows up and schedule something together.

Bap on a weekend its pretty easy to drive into Manhattan, and I find Soy & Sake kidfriendly and parking friendly :) Its not superclose to a playground but walkable. Also, there is an awesome toddler playground in Chinatown so you could park and hit Veggie dim sim and the park if you wanted.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:08 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

bap, I'd suggest the East Village because Tompkins Square Park has a great kids playground. There are plenty of restaurants (and Lula's Ice Cream!) right near by and while parking is metered on the avenues on Saturdays, sometimes you can find side street parking if you get lucky.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 6:16 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Thanks for the tips! I wanted to check out Lula's the last time we were in town, but it didn't work out so maybe this will be the time!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:18 pm 

Ooooo...if we do Saturday the 20th we can do to the dosa guy in Washington Square. Or the 14th still works for me and we can do a different park (Madison square or Tompkins square). Anyone have any preference?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:49 pm 
Semen Strong

We have plans on 4/20 (and B works on Saturdays) but can do 4/21 and 4/14 :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 18  Next