| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
 Post subject: Re: Meetup! NYC! Babies!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:30 pm 
Semen Strong

Audrey wrote:
aww I would love a sanctuary meet-up but we are definitely heat wimps...we were at Catskill a few weeks back and the girls just could not make it thru a whole tour in the sun. Bummer. I doubt we'll be headed upstate again this year BUT I would be into checking out that NJ sanctuary one of these weekends.

For what it's worth, we love staying at the Homestead, and rent the suite, which has room for kids and then go see the animals being fed in the morning (7 - 9) and at night before they go to sleep, to beat the heat. The staff are awesome and love kids, and someone will always take us on a private tour, which means that we go in to the animals that L is interested in and skip the stuff she isn't interested in. Last time we got to go in with the baby piglets for ages, which was amazing, and the first time we were there Kathy herself took L in with the sheep, which was wonderful.

We always have the best time at the Homestead and Erika Ritter makes incredibly vegan brunches, and goes out of her way to remember all our preferences and allergies. Last time we stayed there (a few weeks ago), she left these amazing GF chocolate stuffed chocolate chip cookies in our fridge and they were to die for! And one of the cool things about staying over is that we got to go to the Sunday night drumming circle at Woodstock, which was fun.

And it's funny, but in Kingston there is a bouncy castle where the kids can bounce in the A/C for $10 for the whole day and that was a life saver. We had planned to do all this awesome upstate hiking and swimming at the lighthouse and then going back via Woodstock, but instead we got pizza and bouncy houses. Oh well.

THROW A forking YAM IN THE OVEN ITS forking CHRISTMAS - LisaPunk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:46 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Tofulish wrote:
We will go to Skylands any day, but FYI there is no shade there, so it gets crazy hot. L could not make it through a tour. We are going to try again when it is cooler. Maybe we could plan a Jersey day? Skylands with their barbecue and then Verona Park for icecream at positivitea?

I am totally into this idea. Roll on fall weather!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:23 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Yes let's do that. Late October/early November is my vote.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19