| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Triumphs in potty training, I guess
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:39 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

The smaller boy (I forget the code name C&S gives him. I'm going to call him the smaller boy) sleeps in a crib in another room from where we sleep. This is mostly so we know where he is since he's a pretty sneaky little fellow, and if left unattended is likely to get into things and possibly injure himself by accident. (And probably by pulling something down on himself.) This is good in the morning since he sometimes wakes up before we do, and we want to know he's not going to do something weird. This is a pretty standard crib, with sides maybe 2 and a half feet tall. (I think it's actually an Pack and Play, but it works as a crib...)

We have also been potty training him, and encouraging him to go use the bathroom when he needs to. It's going mostly okay, but that's a topic for another post.

This morning I woke up at about the normal time. I was just thinking of getting up to see if the smaller boy was awake yet when I hear the unmistakable sound of tiny feet pitter-pattering down the hall outside my door, and the bathroom door slamming open.

Yeah, he'd climbed out of his crib in order to go use the potty. On the one hand, yay! He went to use the potty all on his own! He got his pants off and his bedtime diaper off, and used his little potty and everything! Good for him! On the other hand, he escaped from Baby Jail to get there. So I guess that's a thing.

Also the other day he dismantled the doorknob guard on my workshop room, so the end is near for that, too. :(

Post subject: Re: Triumphs in potty training, I guess
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:46 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Well, hooray for the potty training success! That is awesome.
Boo for having to straight jacket the kid for his own safety. (I joke, sort of... I had a climber, I sympathize).

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:44 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

solipsistnation wrote:
On the other hand, he escaped from Baby Jail to get there. So I guess that's a thing.
Also the other day he dismantled the doorknob guard on my workshop room, so the end is near for that, too. :(

My kids are like friggin' Houdini crossed with Spiderman, the way they can climb up shiitake and un-do child locks. I put a chain lock way high up on a door I don't want them going through. It's worked so far, but I'm sure they will bypass that once it occurs to them to try. ;p

Great job with the potty training, though!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:49 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

stories like this make me PARANOID!
even though BP sleeps in the bed with us cause there is no way in 9 hells she would allow anything else i keep telling my husband to lower the crib (that she's never slept in) because i use it as baby jail sometimes even though i dont think she can physically climb out yet.

not sure what you say to him though.

Yay awesome job getting to the potty and using it! you obviously had to go! yay!
oh yeah btw how about you NOT climb out of the crib!
seems like a parenting Catch 22! great job but...........yeah.... ;-)