| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Natural Disposable Diapers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:07 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Unfortunately I don't think we'll be able to commit to the task of cloth diapers. However, I am interested in the more natural disposable diapers-ie: earths best, 7th gen, etc. From the reviews I've read it seems bamboo nature gets the highest mark but earth's best is cheaper and still gets good marks. I'd love to hear from anyone with experience.

Post subject: Re: Natural Disposable Diapers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:43 am 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I just use the Whole Foods brand ($11/pack) when we're not doing cloth and they've been totally great for us. 7th Gen is fine but the 7th Gen Free and Clear ones are just awful. Earth's Best is good too, just more expensive. I know a ton of people who use Honest Diapers and adore them but I don't want to pay more than we are already. We can get Naty diapers here too and they seem really nice but they're sooo expensive!

My friend sent me this a while back, if you haven't seen it yet: http://www.babygearlab.com/Disposable-D ... ws/Ratings

Post subject: Re: Natural Disposable Diapers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:22 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Another option in some areas is a compostable diaper service. This is what we do since I'm not up to the task of washing the cloth diapers of twins! The service uses Naty diapers, and we've liked them quite well. The only problem with compostable diapers is that they can really start to fall apart if baby sits in some water. I guess "regular" diapers can do that too, but I think the compostable ones seem to fall apart faster.

Hate hate the Huggies pure and natural. I avoid these at all costs since we've had more leaks with them than anything else by far. They seem to just be a really crappy diaper. If I have to buy diapers in a regular baby store (i.e. without any natural brands), I usually buy regular Huggies, never Huggies pure and natural.

Earths best and 7th gen I've used without too much trouble, but I do actually prefer the Naty ones.