| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 577 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: What did you make for your baby/toddler to eat today?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:53 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Miles's meals today

breakfast: o's w. coconut milk, crackers
snack: a few chunks of freshly made seitan...we needed to taste test 1/2 a piece :)
lunch: chickpea cutlet, raw carrots and cucumbers
snack: pumpkin and banana puree squeeze pack
dinner: seitan strips w. broccoli, red pepper, carrots, cashew, rice and a tamari sauce

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:59 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Jenna, I love that pumpkin banana puree pouch. It is 90 calories!! I like getting the pouches that are higher in calories. Thats a great one. Just gave it to my boy yesterday too.

Holmsie finally ate chicpea salad sandwiches. I kept giving them to him even after his reject the first day i made them. So he had them for lunch yesterday and today. He likes them now. That makes me happy. Also, we realized he loves chunks of cucumber. He ate almost a half cuke yesterday. Also, at my mother-in-law's yesterday he ate 2 hummus roll ups on lavash bread. His first time with lavash bread. It was a whole wheat flax style one. He LOVED this!! I just wanted to report the new foods he ate. I won't mention any of the rejects I got today......I am sure you all know it was the fruit he rejected. Crazy boy!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:26 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Vanya's noms today (he'll be 10 months in a couple days - eek!):
breakfast: coconut yogurt, strawberries, green puffs
snacky farmer's market: bites of chips and salsa, lots of berry samples
lunch: cucumber slices, some pbj, and some leftover beany spanish rice (the pbj didn't fill me up so I made some tacos!) w/ avocado
snack: mesh food holder thingy with frozen apricot strawberry applesauce inside. I also froze some Naked green juice, but he's not a fan.
dinner: dinner out - potatoes, greens, and biscuits smothered in mushroom gravy. Loved the biscuits especially!

and nursed 3 times. It's usually only once or twice, but the combination of canine teething and 102 degree weather has been tough on him!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:21 pm 
Semen Strong

We had oatmeal banana apple waffles from VWAV with applesauce instead of syrup, and she loved them. They are hearty enough to hide a nice extra dollop of flax or blended up spinach or what have you, so we're definitely making these again.

Snack: chickpeas and cucumber slices
Lunch: chickpeas and green beans in miso/tahini dressing
Dinner: Broccoli, quinoa and black bean burrito with pepperjack Daiya (same as yesterday - she loved it).

She has hit a stage where she eats SO MUCH and it totally surprises me. Yesterday she shared my Veggie Heaven meal and ate about 1/4 of it for lunch, then demolished 2 wontons from the wonton soup for her snack and finally I had to make her the burrito to fill her up for bed. I knew this was coming, but it feels like a lot more pressure than just letting her taste bits here and there. And now she is pooping at least 3x a day. Plus she breastfeeds like a champ after each meal and all night.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:16 pm 
Semen Strong

Dinner changed and I made the Chavez bowl from AFR using tofu, leftover beans, quinoa and leftover kale and broccoli. Huge hit. Not only among me and Leela but for my tofu-hater husband. So YUMMY!

Brett swears he never was a picky eater and my parents haven't mentioned that among the long list of my failings (though they might not know because I was mostly with the nanny), so maybe we can avoid the pickiness?

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:46 pm 
Semen Strong

Back to the usual granola, Amande and blueberries for breakfast.

Lunch: veggie burger with guac on sprouted Ezekial sesame toast with a fruit pop for dessert
Snack: So many blueberries and cucumbers
Dinner: wonton soup with lightly cooked pea sprouts and giant white beans on sprouted Ezekial sesame toast.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:34 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Tofu omelets were a big hit! Not too interested in the broccoli filling, put she pretty much ate a whole omelet by herself.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:11 pm 
Semen Strong

Oatmeal raisin waffles for breakfast (with added molasses and flax)
Harvest blend grains with kale and a veggie burger for lunch
Fruit pops (watermelon) for snack and veggies
Harvest blend grains with tofu for dinner. She didn't like the tofu.

Our tastes are starting to diverge, because she now really doesn't like spicy food. And I really do. It makes eating at restaurants harder, because I don't want to have to order something bland for her and spicy for me, and I hate bland food. So, I'd almost rather go home and make some thing at home. Plus she eats better at home and I don't have to police her as hard or stop her throwing things around.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:07 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Lunch: Rice cereal and yams
Dinner: Avocado

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:46 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Tofulish, maybe you will be able to skip the picky phase. I certainly think that the more diverse food the baby is exposed to then the less chance they will be picky. Of course, that is not always true.

Today:

Breakfast: cascadian o's with smashed banana, oats and coconut/soy milk. 1/2 piece of sprouted grain toast with eb.

Lunch: Hemp and Sage Sunshine burger (about half), cukes, broccoli, soy yogurt mixed with flax/chia/cashew butter, corn thin with almond butter and banana spread on it.

Snacks: broccoli/apple pouch and a little nibbly granola bar (mango, carrot one) and a few bites of my corn thin with almond butter.

Dinner: planned: corn tortilla with black beans, guac, sunshine burger from lunch, broccolli, carrots, peas
soy milk and breast milk(as usual)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:55 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Luka's appetite has really increased lately. Dude ate an entire avocado with dinner!

Breakfast- peanut butter toast and a smoothie with spinach, banana, pineapple, blueberries, rice protein, flax oil, soy milk
Snack- Almond yogurt
Lunch- pasta with smoked tofu, peas, olive oil, garlic, and nooch, strawberries
Snack- A fruit/veg pouch, forgot what flavor
Dinner- an avocado (!), three Tofurky slices, about 1/3 cup of watermelon

He is an absolute fruit monster. That's all he would eat, if I let him. I have to give him the savory stuff first before even bringing fruit to the table or else he will just freak out until her gets the fruit.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:11 am 
Married to the wolfman

I'm trying to make an effort to offer the Magician (almost 7 months old) more people food. Today I gave him something at every meal. He had:

Breakfast - maybe a teaspoon of oatmeal (just oats and water) mixed with a little homemade blackberry jam. Spread out over about a billion bites. I was going to give him PB for the first time today as I always mix it into my oats but I flinched at the last minute.

Lunch - 3 pieces of brown rice fusili tossed with sautéed garlic and a little olive oil, and one floret of steamed broccoli. He looooved this.

Dinner - offered the same thing as lunch. I think he ate one noodle and then just sort of sucked on another for the rest of dinner.

The Emperor (almost 3) had:

Breakfast - two slices of toast with EB & nooch and a little over a cup of blackberries, plus half a cup of unsweetened soy milk and several bites of my oatmeal

Snack - some cashews and some TJ's "reduced guilt" (ugh, name) whole wheat crackers

Lunch - same as M (brown rice fusili with garlic, olive oil and broccoli) with some of TJ's beefless strips and a liberal sprinkling of nooch - he loved this and asked for (and ate) seconds. More unsweetened soy milk. He had been drinking sweetened at my in-laws and I was worried about switching him back but during lunch he kept stopping to tell me that this soy milk was "so, so good."

Snack - blackberries, almonds, and some dry cereal

Dinner - mac'n'shews from the PPK blog with whole wheat noodles and with a layer of arugula and chard in the middle - he had like 3 bites total but claimed to love this.

I guess you can tell I really need to go out to buy produce tomorrow. I'm in a post vacation slump.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:22 pm 
Semen Strong

Today was yummy!

Breakfast: Tofu scramble with quinoa and nooch
Lunch: Cabbage thoran (she LOVES coconut) with chickenless nuggets
Snack: Veggies and watermelon and a popsicle
Dinner: quinoa and green bean bowl with miso-tahini dressing. I love miso-tahini dressing because it makes everything taste delicious. Even the dog will eat anything with it on.

I've been making tofu scramble (using the TJs high protein fu or sprouted fu) in the mornings because at least that way I know she's going to get a good hit of protein in her to start the day. Plus its tasty! And any leftovers go into lunch :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:49 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Avocado, Yams, Plums, and Rice Cereal. Carlos really likes eating! Especially avocado. Except yesterday, he started screaming 1/2 way through his avocado because he was so tired. I put him to bed an hour early and he slept 12 hours straight - the most ever (because of sleep dep at daycare). This morning he had a nice poop. It was so easy to clean, unlike some of the previous ones. I think eating is agreeing with him well. Yay! I wanted to start him on soy yogurt, but the stuff I bought was liquidy - I threw it away. Eww.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:30 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

last night we ate out at a thai restaurant for my partner's bday. I got veggies in curry peanut sauce, and I told the waitress I'd share it with Kai. She insisted even ordering it mild would be too much spice for Kai and I shouldn't give it to him. Well, I gave him a little on rice anyway and he loved it! The kid loves spice.

Tonight I made him BBQ chickpea patties (not the vcon kind, just beans/flour/spice/sauce pan fried) and butternut squash mashed potatoes. He wouldn't eat it. I really hate that!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:27 am 
Married to the wolfman

Yesterday the Magician had some of my oatmeal, some raw green beans (he loved munching on them), a bite of a whole wheat bagel that he gnawed into oblivion, a bite of his brother's raspberry soy yogurt, several black beans and two little cubes of charentais melon.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:43 am 
Bathes in Braggs

tzipi is still on this crazy tortilla wrap obsession. she would eat a wrap with hummus and tofurkey slices like, every day? obsessed. I made her a quesadilla with black beans, tomato, green pepper and daiya last night and she loved that too. she ate like a HUGE burrito... more beans, veggies, rice, daiya, avocado, on a tortilla the other day too... it was more food then i've ever seen her pack away before.

we are also on a constant rotation of peaches, bananas, and cherries.

man, i love growth spurt weeks. so satisfying to feed a kid who gobbles up everything on her plate (within reason of course!)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:30 pm 
Semen Strong

Breakfast: tofu scramble with kale on Ezekiel toast
Lunch: Pizza Fusion :)
Dinner: Mandarin Chickenless Nuggets and Broccoli (both from TJ's)

She has also eaten SO MUCH ICE. I think her teething is out of control. She kept biting my boob and laughing, so I cut her off the boobmilk for the night. I hope she feels better in the am.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:08 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

It's so fun to read what babies who are not much older than Will are eating. Our days have still been hit or miss on remembering to give him food.
Today: breakfast-- oatmeal, banana and peanut butter; dinner-- carrot stick and cucumber slice. He munched on dinner for almost an hour and may have continued even longer!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:05 am 
Not NOT A Furry

kdub wrote:
It's so fun to read what babies who are not much older than Will are eating.

I agree!
I haven't been too adventurous with Henry yet. He's a banana fiend, but he ended up getting a little blocked up so we're trying to diversify. I sent him some applesauce to daycare - he transitioned in at the end of the school year and is the youngest by far, so I was super excited to send him in a "lunch" to have while his friends ate theirs. That, combined with the peach slice with breakfast, caused one hell of a poop this morning!
So far today he's had mashed sweet potato for the first time. I was attempting to spoon feed it to him and discovered he'd much rather shovel it in himself with his little fists.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:26 pm 
Semen Strong

Loved banana blueberry pancakes for breakfast
Hated cabbage thoran for lunch. Had hummus instead.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:25 pm 
Married to the wolfman

The Emperor has willingly-- nay, happily-- eaten Chana masala twice in the past week and is eating raw green beans with lunch. What is going on! I don't know you anymore!

But I like this development. It is a step in the right direction.

The Magician is gnawing on raw green beans as well and ate what amounted to one good bite of the patty of my carefree curry burger (leftover Chana masala + brown rice + chickpea flour). He looked SO forking happy eating the burger bites.

He had some pluot to chew on this morning too.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:52 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Rice cereal, sweet potato (the yellow kind), banana, soy yogurt!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:03 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Ezra's in such a food rut right now, it's ridiculous. All he wants to eat is crackers (sometimes he goes out on a limb and agrees to having a little bit of peanut butter on his graham crackers), cheerios, and soy milk. Dinner has become such a struggle. He'll happily eat about three bites, and then he gets this look of horror on his face - that "are you TRYING to poison me?!" look - and he'll refuse to eat any more. Sometimes he'll start to take a bite, and then just let it roll off of his tongue onto the floor. Wasting food is pretty much the only time when I completely lose it as a parent, and Nate has to take over.
Last night I made eggplant parmasean with tofu ricotta - it was so freaking good - the only way I could convince the kid to take more than three bites was to tell him that it was all tofu (he does love his tofu). That got us to four bites. Four bites in 45 minutes. And then bedtime right after is a complete disaster because we're exhausted and he's cranky (and probably still hungry).
He's always been a good eater (well, he didn't start eating regularly until 14 months or so), so this is completely new to us. Obviously he's not starving, but now that this is becoming a real pattern I'm scared that he's not getting enough. I've started letting him nurse a bit more again, since I know he's getting something from that. *sigh* I know he's going to survive, but it's just so frustrating.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:32 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

Hi all,
I've been really enjoying this thread!
Today my 16 month old had:

breakfast: a leftover banana blueberry multi-grain pancake spread with peanut butter (she fed most of this to the dog, but she ate an whole one yesterday, so they'll remain in rotation), strawberry soy yogurt with ground hemp and pumpkin seeds

lunch: smorgasbord of leftovers. ww penne, some bbq kidney beans, cubed seitan, peas, champagne grapes

dinner: broccoli mashed potatoes with nooch, like 2 bites of pan-fried tempeh

lots of boobie.

Reply to topic  [ 577 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 24  Next