| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 610 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: What did you make for your baby/toddler to eat today?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:04 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Breakfast: A few spoonfuls of coconut yogurt with Raisin Bran minus the raisins and a whole peach!

Lunch: lemon sunflower spread, 1/2 an avocado and some raw carrots...an almost completely raw lunch minus the scraps of bread Reno didn't want to eat. I had the same on a collard leaf and he spit the collard out when I had him try it.

Snack: banana and raspberries

Dinner: will be angel hair pasta with olive oil, tons of garlic and nooch. I wanted to put broccoli in it but a groundhog ate all 6 of my broccoli plants. :(

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:18 pm 
Married to the wolfman

E's had:

Breakfast - the usual toast, plums, and a lemon soy yogurt
Snack - pretzel rods, more plums, cashews and almonds
Lunch - leftover salad with Cesar Chavez dressing

If he ever goes down for a rest, I'm going to make whole grain cheesy quackers and Isa's cashew queso for dinner, along with whatever snacking vegetables I can find in the fridge.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:23 pm 
Semen Strong

She has been really sick and sleepy all day. She has only been awake for 5 hours all day.

Breakfast was coconut yogurt, Natures Path hemp granola and strawberries and blueberries. She wasn't that hungry
Lunch was a tortilla with guac and peppers. I found high protein tortillas at Costco -8g of protein per tortilla.
Dinner is going to be quinoa with nooch and broccoli.

Poor baby.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:26 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Breakfast - fruit/grain snack bars; pineapple; oatmeal
Lunch - quesadilla; some veg and fruit (daycare provided and I can't remember!)
Dinner - baked beans; broccoli; apple

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:38 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Walter ate a lot today. It goes in cycles, so I don't worry so much on the days when he barely eats anything.

Breakfast: 6 oz smoothie (mango, raspberry, yogurt, banana, almond butter), half a piece of wheat bread with yogurt on it, raisins

Lunch: Bites of lots of different stuff from whole foods salad bar, including corn, quinoa, black beans, edamame, sesame tofu

Snack: a whole apricot and a cinnamon raisin mini-bagel with peanut butter. This snack rocked his world; he inhaled it.

Dinner: a cherry tomato (sliced up), about half a cup of ziti with edamame pesto and udo's oil

Snack: animal crackers (about 10) and soy milk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:41 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

sofrito wrote:
Breakfast - fruit/grain snack bars; pineapple; oatmeal
Lunch - quesadilla; some veg and fruit (daycare provided and I can't remember!)
Dinner - baked beans; broccoli; apple

We had a similar day!

B: banana, avocado, loaded spoons of blueberry/green smoothie (what a mess!)
L: veggie and bean quesadillas with guacamole (at restaurant, she loved it)
D: homemade pita, baked beans with seitan, cabbage (didn't eat any cabbage but put down head to lick smashed beans off the tray)

I'm having a lot of luck loading bread like tortillas or pita with messy stuff like guacamole or beans. The bread is easy to hold and nosh on.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:57 pm 
Chip Strong

Yesterday:
B: carrot cake pancakes and a peach which mostly got destroyed
L: quinoa black bean pilaf and a little bit of my peanut sauce covered steamed kale (her first peanut butter)
Snack: coconut milk, frozen mango, fresh strawberry smoothie
D: beer burger, broccoli, and yogurt

I'm not even going to bother with today because she hardly ate. We did discover that she will eat half a bag of snap pea crisps when I worked my food coop shift.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:29 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

b: o's and some blueberry coconut yogurt
l: hummus on toast fingers
s: strawberry puffs
d: whole wheat linguine with sun dried tomato alfrado sauce (loved!)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:34 pm 
Chip Strong

Ha! I meant beet burger above. Not beer burger.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:20 pm 
Semen Strong

Today was so much fun!

Breakfast was quinoa and nooch, which she kept scarfing down, and a handful of blueberries. After rejecting the expensive organic ones, she loved the local "low spray" ones. Eh.

Lunch was a hummus wrap with organic spinach and peppers (again! but it was because we were just coming back from Trader Joe's and she was So Tired and refused to wait for me to make the pesto I had originally planned.

Dinner was a nut cheese wrap with the sweet basil pesto from V-con and organic spinach. And then she had a blackberry, because JENNA said Miles loved them, and she adored it.

TJ's has a ton of organic produce that isn't very expensive - its good for the dirty dozen (bell peppers, celery, spinach, strawberries, blueberries) and everything is easy to find. Plus none of their canned beans have BPAs in the liners, and they are transitioning all their products to non-BPA cans. Plus, I got high protein quinoa bread, flax wraps, chickenless tenders (9g of protein!), so it felt like an expensive but good splurge.

She is out cold, yay!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:32 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

I love this thread!!!

My guy is super picky but getting better slowly.

Breakfast: o's with ground seeds (hemp and sunflower), mashed banana chunk, soy/coconut milk. I offered fruit as usual but he still will not touch it. It's been 2 months, fyi!

Lunch: veggies (broccli and peas and carrot) dipped in Trader Joe;s Goddess Dressing, soy yogurt with cashew butter, ground seeds, and mango/strawberry puree mixed in. And Sprouted grain bread with hummus.

Snack: pea, green bean and pear pouch. Almond butter mixed with mango and spinach pouch on sprouted grain bread with strawberry jam. 4 oz of soy milk.

Dinner: Hemp and Sage Sunshine burger (3/4 of it), a few bites of homemade veggie burger made of quinoa, black beans and sweet potato. 2 bites of Dream of Tomato Soup (chef AJ recipe), he made a horrible face after trying this. Also, had some veggies, tomato, cucumber, broccoli, peas dipped on goddess dressing.

Thanks everyone for sharing, I love all of your ideas!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:47 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I am back at work today after a week and a half off, which means back to feeding 15 month old twins!

So I feed them mostly vegan, but not strictly, since the family isn't vegan but is perfectly fine with me feeding them lots of veggie stuff. I won't post about it here if I fed them nonvegan mac and cheese or whatever.

Breakfast: Cheerios and blueberries
Snack: Red bell pepper and hummus. They haven't liked hummus in the past, but this brand was super mild and creamy and they LOVED it. One twin chewed on the bell pepper for a while, but the other just licked the hummus off.
Lunch: Pasta salad with penne, grape tomatoes, red onion, cucumbers, bell peppers, avocado, chickpeas and basil. They have both always rejected tomatoes in the past but I think the grape tomatoes were more appealing and they both at least tried them. Raw red onions were surprisingly well-received. One twin loves chickpeas more than anything else, the other can take or leave them. Usually they both like cucumbers but maybe they're only appealing in rounds, not chunks, because they were not a fan this time. Noodles, however, are always a favorite.

In the past I've made them a lot of curries, stews and roasted vegetables...I need to figure out what I'm going to do when it's so hot out. Will probably do a quinoa salad tomorrow, especially since it's something I can eat too (since I'm gluten-free I didn't eat the pasta salad).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:06 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Ok some backlog.

I went on a super cooking binge (for me) on Sunday and made tamale pies (plus sauteed zucchini and balsamic kale). Don't know what I was thinking turning on the oven in July, but it was so tasty. (sauteed pinto beans + veggies w/ cheey daiya homemade polenta spread on top then baked) Unfortunately, Kai would not eat any of it.

Then he had some leftover peanut butter noodles that he loves, and some refried pinto bean quesadillas for lunches this week so far.

Last night and tonight he had sunshine burgers (1/2 each night) with brown rice/quinoa mix & french style green beans, with tahini-lemon sauce. I steamed the beans with herbs de provence, and also put those herbs in the tahini sauce. He really seemed to like this meal and ate it happily 2 nights in a row.

Oh, and tonight was a banner night b.c he ate some cucumbers. I made a cucumber salad (no recipe, made it up) for me and the hubz w/ just shallots, pomegranate white vinegar, agave, salt & dill. Gave some to Kai and he actually didn't spit it out! Seemed to like it a lot. Which is pretty good since he would not eat cucumber anytime I've given it to him before. It was after he ate his whole meal though, so I don' t know how well it would go over as a regular side dish. But it seems like it may be a winner I need to replicate.

Tomorrow night we're going to have some noochy pasta with yellow squash sauteed in tomato sauce. We'll see how that goes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:16 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Yay Kai! Cucumbers are one of the Emperor's favorites. He approves.

Today E had:

Breakfast - toast with EB and nooch, 2 plums, a lemon soy yogurt
Snack - pretzel rods, freeze dried bananas (gross, but he loves them), cashews, and he scammed a ton of carrot sticks off another mom at the park
Lunch - hummus toast and a glass of unsweetened soy milk
Dinner - whole wheat spaghetti with tons of fresh basil, fresh corn, garlic, nooch, and some olive oil - he loved this, ESP because I let him sprinkle nooch at his discretion

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:53 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

This thread makes me feel so much better about Inez's eating habits! She totally cycles from being an eating machine to days where she hardly eats anything and it stresses me out. Today was a weird day (we were out for most of the day) but she had:

Breakfast: a few bites of peanut butter toast (eaten in passing while running around), O's (like 3 and then she dumped them on the floor for the dog), two wild strawberries from our yard while playing outside.

Snack: pretzels.

Lunch: raisins, grapes, a kids menu serving of spaghetti marinara (ate about half), a couple bites of bread, a few little bites of things from my mom's salad (olives, green beans, tomatoes) and almost an entire bottle of mango coconut smoothie.

Snack: about half a Luna bar.

Dinner: like five french fries (so gross, but we were stranded somewhere with limited options).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:48 am 

coldandsleepy wrote:
Yay Kai! Cucumbers are one of the Emperor's favorites. He approves.

Today E had:

Breakfast - toast with EB and nooch, 2 plums, a lemon soy yogurt
Snack - pretzel rods, freeze dried bananas (gross, but he loves them), cashews, and he scammed a ton of carrot sticks off another mom at the park
Lunch - hummus toast and a glass of unsweetened soy milk
Dinner - whole wheat spaghetti with tons of fresh basil, fresh corn, garlic, nooch, and some olive oil - he loved this, ESP because I let him sprinkle nooch at his discretion

Question: when you say gross about freeze dried bananas, why is that? I only ask because my boy will not eat fruit but he does eat freeze dried strawberries in large amounts. Just wondering if there was something I needed to know about the freeze dried process, it does sound a little sketchy. Thanks!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:17 am 
Married to the wolfman

I just think freeze dried fruit is disgusting! Not like morally reprehensible, I just don't like it, heh. E loves freeze dried anything and so does my husband.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:12 am 

coldandsleepy wrote:
I just think freeze dried fruit is disgusting! Not like morally reprehensible, I just don't like it, heh. E loves freeze dried anything and so does my husband.

Ohhhh...okay, I hear ya! I just thought maybe something nasty was done to the fruit during processing that I was not aware of. You never know these days!

My little one loves freeze-dried anything too, must be a kid thing. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:59 am 
Nooch of Earl

We're in our new house now (you guys, it's amazing! We looked at 7 dumps and the 8th house was awesome!! OK I'll stop house-fawning now. Unless anyone wants to come to a party on my GIANT DECK). This means I have a big fridge and a microwave and an oven but most of my kitchen stuff is still en route because the big move shipment hasn't been delivered yet. So, I've been eating a lot of deli stuff, frozen meals, etc.

Yesterday:
- Breakfast: a few tablespoons of cheerios and some banana. Maybe a bite or two of my Amy's scramble meal.
- Lunch: "tropical" squeeze fruit (apple, banana, mango, something else), a few bites of my deli cilantro pesto tofu. Some deli quinoa salad.
- Snack: some Plum fruit cremes
- Dinner: a few bites of my Helen's Kitchen potsticker bowl - edamame, carrots, seasoned rice, and veg potstickers, some fresh fruit (mangoes, blueberries, strawberries, kiwi).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:49 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

For my four-year-old:

Breakfast: Fruit smoothie and some tiny doughnuts. (A treat today!)
Lunch and Snacks (during daycare): Apple slices, snack mix (pretzels,etc), mini tofurkey/cheese sandwiches, a yogurt*, snap peas and carrot sticks, and a bit of juice.
Snack: Probably some popcorn with EB, and hopefully we'll have stopped by the store by that time so we have some fruit too.
Dinner: A bit of each component of California Chipotle Chop Salad from Chloe's Kitchen, but with dressing on the side. He does not like sauce! On anything. So strange. And maybe some toast too.

*I wish we had more single serving vegan yogurts here - he is vegetarian, so the yogurt he eats is sometimes dairy, because he likes having his own prepackaged container. Putting vegan yogurt (which he likes) in a container at home is not as good, apparently. The only single serving ones here are the Amande, which are like $2 each, and a little too big for him to eat in one sitting.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:14 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

O. (7 yrs.):

B - gorilla much with rice milk
L & S - sandwich with peppered tofurkey, cucumber & avocado, tortilla chips, tangerine, strawberries, cucumber slices, two oreos & gorilla munch
D - Stir-Fry with quinoa, edamame, kale & chickpeas with a white miso tangerine dressing with vanilla ricecream for dessert

A. (7 months):
- Smashed banana & Avocado
- a little oatmeal

My wee blog:

http://www.mommethree.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:49 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

yesterday:

B: cheerios with soy
S: 1/2 a pear, foccacia with hummus
L: most of a wrap with tofurkey, hummus, shredded carrot and cukes and spinach
S: tortilla chips, cheerios, maybe some more pear?
D: soba noodles with peanut sauce, tofu cubes

Today:
B: oatmeal, granola bar, 2 bites of a pear
S: cheerios with soy milk (about 1/2 a bowl before she dumped the rest)
L: foccacia bread with hummus, 1 olive

that's it so far. don't know what to make for supper. it's hot here and i'm tired of cooking!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:38 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

breakfast:
clementine slices
cheerios
toast with hummus
(though one twin mostly just smeared the hummus around)

lunch:
quinoa salad with chickpeas, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, avocado and a vinaigrette
one twin LOVED this, the other took one look and wouldn't touch it, so he ended up eating little sandwich with hummus and spinach on pita bread and steamed carrots

snack:
crackers
blueberries
more clementine slices when they weren't that into the blueberries

I feel like I need to come up with internet names for the twins.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:51 pm 

Today was one of those good eating days. He(16 month old) tried some new things. This is not an everyday occurence!

Brek: cascadian o's with mashed banana, ground hemp seeds, ground sunflower seeds, sprinkle of oats, coconut/soy milk. He as always ignored the blueberries, banana, and cherries I put on his plate. Whats new?

Lunch: half sunshine burger, a few bites of Dreena's Black Bean Quinoa Sweet Potato Croquette, mixed veggies (cuke, tomato, avocado, roasted red pepper) dipped in TJ's Goddess Dressing. And whole wheat pasta with a tomato almond butter sauce with white beans mixed through it.

Snack: pouch with sweet potato, corn and apple

snack #2: almond butter mixed with mango/spinach puree smeared on sprouted grain bread with strawberry jam and ground seeds.
soy milk

Dinner: a bit of a smart dog, half of an Amy's California Burger, peas, corn, white beans, broccoli dipped in Goddess Dressing, sweet potato fries dipped in ketchup. Peas dipped in veganaise (more like just tasting). Soy milk.

He has never had ketchup until tongiht and he LOVED it!!! He was dipping everything in it and then eating it with a spoon. He had some of a smart dog tongiht for the first time too. Veganaise was a first too and he loved it but he was already full. Sweet potato fries were a first and roasted red pepper and avocado were a first too. He has been refusing avocado for months. Good day for being adventurous! Go baby!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:56 pm 
Married to the wolfman

E (almost 3) had:

Breakfast - an apricot. That's it. We made him toast and he refused it and I was like whatever because we had a playgroup to get going to.

Snack - pretzels, cashews, freeze dried banana and mango, cucumber slices, carrot sticks, and a pluot - we take a ton of snack with us to playgroup so we always have enough to share. Amazingly he didn't want anyone else's snack today, just his.

Lunch - we ate at a friend's house. He had melon, one bite of a dolma, half a peach, and two slices of sprouted bread with EB.

Dinner - chili bunnies - vegan chili plus vegan mac'n'cheez. (Name from our vegetarian days when we used to make it with packaged bunny Mac.). I predict it will cause him to sob. I don't care.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 610 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 25  Next