| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next
 Post subject: Re: What did you make for your baby/toddler to eat today?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:03 pm 
Semen Strong

What has 2 thumbs and likes mushroom spinach daiyasidillas?

Breakfast: Avocado on toast and strawberry Amande yogurt
Lunch: Hummus tortilla with organic spinach and peppers (I know, I know)
Snack (to keep her off the grass): carrots, red cabbage and celery along with some Cascadian "Os"
Dinner: mushroom spinach daiyasidillas :) with part of a TJ's coconut floe for dessert (it was soo hot)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:09 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

She looks very satisfied with her meal.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:20 pm 
Chip Strong

Oh Leela, you are too much!

B: I tried pancakes, they were a no go so we went out. When we came home I tried toast with sunflower seed butter and she ate a few pieces before I gave her a blackberry and that turned into smush blackberry playtime. Oi.
S: yogurt
L: Cheesy sauce made with a sweet potato and white bean base, rice pasta, broccoli. She ate a ton of the sauce when I was holding her and it was still in the food processor. And a few pieces of pasta. When she got in the high chair she hardly ate anything.
S: not too sure..she kept stealing snack cups at the park from other babies we were with. So I think she had some chickpeas and o's.
D: quinoa black bean pilaf and sautéed zucchini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:20 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Tofulish wrote:
What has 2 thumbs and likes mushroom spinach daiyasidillas?

Breakfast: Avocado on toast and strawberry Amande yogurt
Lunch: Hummus tortilla with organic spinach and peppers (I know, I know)
Snack (to keep her off the grass): carrots, red cabbage and celery along with some Cascadian "Os"
Dinner: mushroom spinach daiyasidillas :) with part of a TJ's coconut floe for dessert (it was soo hot)

SHE IS GORGEOUS!!! I love it!

How are those coconut floe things? I wanted to buy those the other day.

Also, I am so impressed by how well your daughter eats, what a great eater she is. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:23 pm 
Semen Strong

They are soooooooooooo good! They do have some added sugar, but taste coconutty and refreshing. I love coconut.

I just got my Nuk Annabel Karmel mini-icepops for tots so I'm going to start making her her own healthy pops - using coconut cream as the base or blended banana.

It was funny seeing her doublefisting her daiyasidilla. She really liked it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:14 am 
Semen Strong

Breakfast: I made a vegan version of scrambled eggs based on red lentils and quinoa cooked together! It went over so well, and because it was an easy, cheap, high protein base that is easy to vary, I think I am going to be making this a lot more often.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:35 am 
Married to the wolfman

Oh man, E actually ate beans last night. BEANS. As predicted, he wept at the sight of chili bunnies... Then carefully picked out some noodles without beans... Then decided he liked it and started eating it by the fork full, beans and all. This is astounding.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:07 pm 

coldandsleepy wrote:
Oh man, E actually ate beans last night. BEANS. As predicted, he wept at the sight of chili bunnies... Then carefully picked out some noodles without beans... Then decided he liked it and started eating it by the fork full, beans and all. This is astounding.

Awesome News!!!!!! I was reading through this thread and I found it hilarious that almost all the toddlers and babies on here hate beans. Mine included. He hates them. Thanks for Goddess Dressing he was eating white beans the other night and last night. I was so excited and I thought of this thread. I have a friend who feeds her kid hot dogs and sausages and burgers, her baby will eat beans with abandon. I am was so jealous!

Anyway, Go E!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:35 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

tzipi ate like a horse today. yay!

b: oatmeal, bites of blueberry amande yogurt, sips of mommy's iced milk tea, chocolate soymilk
s: leftovers from a batch of banana/coconut milk/cacoa/maple syrup popsicles to be. i ate some too... man, it was like chocolate mousse... so yum.
l: tortilla wrap with tofurkey, hummus, and avocado. this has been a major hit for like 3 days now.
s: left over tofu cubes and peanut butter soba noodles, 4 of the aforementioned banana-coco popsicles, the rest of the blueberry yogurt.
d: i predict lots... we're going to aux vivres for dinner and she always eats well when she's eating off our plates!

i keep seeing people mention that amande yogurt... it is really good, isn't it? i wish it were cheaper, but i love having a yogurt that tastes "right" to me... i am not a fan at all of soygurt. so far our favourite flavours are cherry and blueberry. i don't like the texture of the coconut or peach ones as much. i am treating myself to it a bunch, after all, i'm pregnant and "need" protein, right?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:38 pm 
Chip Strong

Tofulish wrote:
Breakfast: I made a vegan version of scrambled eggs based on red lentils and quinoa cooked together! It went over so well, and because it was an easy, cheap, high protein base that is easy to vary, I think I am going to be making this a lot more often.

Did you follow a recipe or just make it up? Sounds like something Ada would eat!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:44 pm 
Semen Strong

sashi wrote:
Tofulish wrote:

Did you follow a recipe or just make it up? Sounds like something Ada would eat!

I just made it up - basically put 1/2 cup quinoa, 1/2 cup red lentils in a saucepan with 2 cups water. Cover and bring the water to boil and then turn off the heat and let it absorb the moisture. Then add nooch to taste along with (black) salt. That is the base, then vary up with whatever veg you have! It is so quick to make, and even better, you can make a big batch and make variations in under 5 minutes every morning. And it has a bunch of iron in it!

For more: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=21759

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:52 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Clementines and crackers are all growing children really need, right?

It's been a trying day. Not just food-wise.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:16 pm 
Chip Strong

That sounds yummy Tofulish!

It sounds like you had a similar day to mine strawberryrock. Over here it was mostly nursing though. Let's see, I think the only solid food eaten was one bite of toast with hummus, a couple of bites of my bagel, fruit cremes that we discovered at target, o's, some pieces of a carrot muffin, and part of a gluten free chickpea cutlet.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:17 pm 
Married to the wolfman

LB, I personally hate Amande-- the texture wigs me out-- but the Emperor loves it and begs me to buy it all the time. He likes soy yogurt too but something about the Amande rocks his socks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:33 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Lorelei tried poi last night my friend brought me directly from Hawaii.

She's not a fan.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:34 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Oh yeah, today E had:

Breakfast - the usual toast with EB and nooch. He didn't go on to have fruit or yogurt or anything, in part because we were leaving the house.

Snack 1 - a bunch of freeze dried mango.

Lunch - we ate at a restaurant, just he and the Magician and I. Two kids, one parent, and we ate a meal at a restaurant! Amazing! Anyway, we split: some incredibly tasty salt & pepper sweet potatoes, tofu in an apricot-basil sauce, lightly sauteed bok choy and rice. This place has vegan fortune cookies so he had one of those too.

Snack: the revenge - dried cranberries at solipsistnation's workplace when we stopped in to say hi

Dinner - Julie Hasson's whole grain pancakes (out of Vegan Diner) with EB and sliced apricots and plums, and a huge glass of unsweetened soy milk. That's right, pancakes for mother forkin' dinner ya'll.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:05 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

coldandsleepy wrote:
LB, I personally hate Amande-- the texture wigs me out-- but the Emperor loves it and begs me to buy it all the time. He likes soy yogurt too but something about the Amande rocks his socks.

I despise Amande but my (almost 2 year old) nephew loves it too! Of course he likes any kind of yogurt really, its pretty much his favourite food.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:51 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Damn. Just made kai fresh pesto from the garden (lil garlic, basil, walnuts, oil & nooch), put it on some angel hair pasta and he won't touch it! All that tedious leaf picking for nothing. *sigh*

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:53 am 
Nooch of Earl

I thought the So Delicious Greek strawberry cocogurt was nasty and lumpy (I don't know if greek yogurt is that way since I've never had it! I'm willing to give the plain a chance if I see it somewhere, though), but Vi thought it was the most awesome food that has ever been, more so than other fauxgurts.

This morning I took a couple outdoor chairs I bought yesterday, the patio table left here by the landlord, and V's portable high chair and made an actual table for us to eat at. We had Cascadian wheat squares and banana. And we are about to walk to the neighborhood coffee shop because I don't see any soy lattes just flying into my hands around here.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:59 pm 

Yesterday was another good day for food.

Brekkie: half bowl of cheerios with ground seeds, and smashed banana chunk, soy/coconut milk.

Lunch: amy's california burger, oat pancake with EB, hummus sandwich, veggies dipped in Goddess Dressing

Snack: Green bean, pea, pear pouch. One small bite of almond butter and jam sandwich.

Dinner: black beans, tons of guacamole with a corn tortilla, white beans, broccoli, peas, green pepper, goddess dressing. half a soy yogurt with pureed pineapple/mango and cashew butter and ground seeds mixed in.
cup of soy milk

Again tried many new things!!!

Today is:

Brek: cheerios with smashed banana, ground seeds and soy/coconut milk. As usual, ignored fruit I cut up for him.

Lunch: Tofu cubes (the savoury baked tofu from TJ's), veggies (broccoli, peas, cukes) dipped on Goddess, white beans, 1 bite of brown rice with flax and tomato sauce mixed in.

snack: pea, broccoli, pear pouch. A butload of fruit cremes. soy milk. coconut water.

Dinner: will be sunshine burger (garden herb), veggies with goddess, potatoes on grill with ketchu. soy milk

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:46 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I don't do yogurt ever, period, it's one of my wig-out foods, but my husband loves yogurt and we bought a cup of plain Amande maybe to give to Malka and he tried it and said (I'm paraphrasing) "We have to throw this out, this is the worst thing that has ever happened to my mouth and we can never feed it to the child."

I haven't made any food for a couple of weeks, but we just learned that Malka loves tempeh.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:01 am 

Today was frustrating.

B - drank: some of her standard avocado/banana/strawberry/coconut milk/flax oil/soy yogurt smoothie.
refused: Tofulish's red lentil and quinoa "scrambled eggs", tayberry muffin, blueberries.
S - threw o's and blueberries around the car.
L - ate: half a pouch fruit thing with chia, half a pretzel.
refused: snap peas, hom bao.
S - like four blueberries.
D - ate: bites out of a couple cherries, a cherry pit.
refused: all elements of the blt sandwiches we were eating, snap peas, remaining smoothie.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:10 am 
Married to the wolfman

Sort of a weird food day, we had lunch out again which threw our rhythm off a bit.

E had:

Breakfast - a big bowl of Gorilla Munch with unsweetened almond milk
Lunch - some seitan drumsticks, creamy brown rice with broccoli and veggie ham, and some more broccoli and tofu out of my pho... He was on a broccoli rampage
Snack - brown rice rice cakes, dried mango
Dinner - toast with hummus, snacky vegetables (raw cucumber, carrots, celery)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:06 pm 

How have I not seen this thread before?

Freya's just starting to get into "dishes" as opposed to bits of food. She had such a hard time with gas that we added our potentially troublesome foods slowly, but now she's passed everything except bananas (waiting because I have troubles) and citrus/tropical fruits (she gets a nasty nappy rash).

Today:
Breakfast = toast w/margarine, peaches and soy yogurt, some sips of Oatly from Pappa's cup
Late morning snack = few bites of a digestive biscuit (graham cracker, more or less) and then part of a Nakd (fruit/nut) bar
Lunch = pasta w/tomato sauce, peppers and onions, avocado
afternoon snack = blueberries
dinner = more avocado, oat cake, tofu, and more blueberries

(not a good veg day, I'm realizing)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:14 pm 
Semen Strong

Breakfast: amande blueberry yogurt, bloobs and granola
Lunch: avo and cucumber rounds
Snack: red cabbage and cucumbers
Dinner: Hummus and tabboleh with high protein quinoa toast

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 25  Next