| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Baby/kid Halloween plans...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:23 pm 
Chip Strong

Pinko wrote:
But I'm due the 29th, so we'll see.

Whoa, I didn't realize your due date was so close! Exciting!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:56 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

sashi wrote:
Pinko wrote:

October 29th! I should have specified. But yeah, it's creeping up and it's kind of hard to know what Halloween is going to be like around here.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:25 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

We are planning on Charlie Brown for my little rounded headed bald kid. Plus bonus, I already have a snoopy stuffy he can use as a prop. We may or may not actually take him out in the world this year but I have to have a picture for his baby book :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:27 pm 
Chip Strong

Pinko wrote:
sashi wrote:
Pinko wrote:

October 29th! I should have specified. But yeah, it's creeping up and it's kind of hard to know what Halloween is going to be like around here.

I figured October :-) That's still close!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:08 pm 
Chip Strong

After saying she wanted to be a dog (and Alice a cat) and then a panda, Ada decided this morning she wants to be a Care Bear. She has watched the show only a handful of times and not recently. Oooook. We have a Halloween party to go to this weekend so I really needed to order something this morning so Care Bear it is. I'm sure she'll change her mind when we get it in the mail. But if we're going to go there it would be super cute to get Alice a different care bear costume. But I will restrain myself.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:13 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Aww, Care Bear is an awesome choice. Hope she likes it when she gets it!

Iz is going as an astronaut now. That's what he's been into mostly lately. Z is going to be a skeleton. Cute!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:38 pm 
Married to the wolfman

E had been set on going as Finn from Adventure Time for the longest time and then like a week ago he decided he wants to be Darth Vader. He is really insistent about wanting to be DV even though I told him there's no backsies once the costume is bought... So I think that's the way we're going.

Can't decide if M will be Yoda or a Storm Trooper. Or, though this may peas his brother off immensely, I may just dress him as Pete the Cat.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:25 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Silas wants to be Superman, Shae just wants to eat Silas' candy.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:40 pm 
And you never will.

Help! Peter wants to be a witch, but I can't find a witch costume that is like what he wants! He pointed one out online when we were looking that was just a simple black dress with a pointy hat, but they didn't have it in his size. I know it would probably be super easy to make, but I can't sew AT ALL so that's a no-go. Anyone have suggestions? I feel like I've looked everywhere - I can't even find a plain black "cloak" type thing to improvise with.

ETA: EVERY goddamn witch costume in his size is all lace and frills, which is fine, but he wants to be a SCARY witch (quite right!) and I'm so frustrated because I just want him to be able to dress up how he wants :(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:16 pm 

Maybe just do black clothes? Leggings and a long t-shirt? You can spice it up with a hat and face paint? Wig?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:21 pm 

Poopie, could you maybe use a woman's long-sleeve black shirt for the dress (sleeves and hem trimmed if need be) and cinch it? And then just pick up a plain witch hat at a party/costume place?

I can't wait to see pictures of everyone in they're costumes! Ada as a Care Bear! I was a Care Bear in preschool. It was an awesome costume. I should try to find a picture.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:02 am 
And you never will.

Good ideas! I think my brain must be a little fried or something - I'm sure I can just get a black t-shirt and cut it and add a bit of fabric for a belt (it only has to last a few hours, after all!) and he'll be happy. We saw a witch hat for a couple of dollars at Target, too. Whew, thanks you guys!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:41 am 

Kai is going to be a dinosaur this year. Not as much fun as The Duck Song, but I can't be that creative every year lol.
There is a huge halloween parade in my home town so we're going to that and then trick or treating in my mom's neighborhood. It is way better by her house than mine. I'm a bit worried though because Kai loves candy and I think he is going to freak when I take lots of it away, even though I've bought some to replace it with that he likes. I could try the "switch witch" but since he is just turning 3 I'm not sure he'll get it...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:24 am 
Level 7 Vegan

We're doing the classic painted box robot. Easy and cheap and awesome!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:38 am 
Nooch of Earl

We're debating. I want a warhol theme (she would probably be a soup can) and husband wants her to be a Jawa.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:44 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

We're not doing anything this year since BP will just have turned 6 months. I didn't want to spend $ on something just basically for a picture. If people actually came to our house for candy I might reconsider but the one year we bought candy we got no one. Makes me wonder where kids trick or treat around here???????

I bought her a jammy outfit with pumpkins in it for a picture but at least she can keep wearing it til she out grows it

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:24 am 
Naked Under Apron

for the first time ever, D is speaking up about what costume she wants. It's Tinkerbell. Fine, except the only version of Tinkerbell she's familiar with is from some dumb app on H's phone that tells some bastardized version of Peter Pan and that Tinkerbell is wearing pink instead of what I've seen as the traditional green-with-pink-accents. Hmmph. A couple weeks ago she just wanted to be a fairy and I was stoked because we have almost everything to make a beautiful costume for that, but noooo now she has to be Tinkerbell and it has to be pink. I'm thinking of watching the Disney Peter Pan with her this weekend and maybe she'll change her mind? Definitely nervous about introducing Disney to her but I'm just overthinking all of this.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:11 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Reno was going to be either Black Widow from the Avengers or Wonder Woman. She tried on a Wonder Woman and Bat Girl costume. She chose to buy Raccoon costume. Its adorable and it will keep her warm!

Miles has a Melissa and Doug Fireman outfit that will be used as a Halloween costume if he is willing to wear it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:12 pm 
Naked Under Apron

we're back to her wanting to be a fairy queen. Excellent - we have lovely purple/blue wings, some purple leggings to match, sparkly shoes and a sparkly star wreath that can be turned into a tiara. Now we just need to get some type of bodice/skirt/tutu thang constructed; we are lucky that my aunt who made clothes for years is in town for the month from India 'cause I'm putting her up to this task.