| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 408 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Sweet moments with your kids (The anti-venting zone)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:59 am 
Married to the wolfman

Hey, how about an anti-vent thread? A gush thread?

The other day, the Emperor was nursing sitting in my lap. All of a sudden, he popped off the boob, grabbed my head, and held it to his chest. Then he started stroking my hair. It took me a minute to realize that he was mimicking what I do while he's nursing.

It was pretty sweet.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Post subject: Re: Sweet moments with your kids
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:08 pm 
Inflexitarian

So sweet!!!

Felix told me he loved me for the first time the other day. He ran up and hugged my leg and said, "Uh wub you mama!!"

Their favorite "game" that Zola and I started playing when I was pregnant with Felix is me sitting at one end of the hall while they take turns running to me and giving me big hugs. Pretty great.

After I made Zola an outfit she hugged me and said, "Thank you so much, mommy! I love it, thank you! You're a big helper, mommy!!"

I forgot to add that I love it when I give Felix a hug and he pats my back the way I pat his back.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:24 pm 
Bought a crop of bad girls

My son doesn't give a lot of hugs and kisses without being asked but yesterday I was holding him in the checkout line and he grabbed my face and kissed one cheek then the other and then continued going that! I must have gotten 6 or 8 kisses! It made me unbelievably happy!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:25 pm 
Like Anal, But Backwards

This thread is so adorable. I have tears of adorable in my eyes.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:30 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Already, best thread ever. Well done, coldandsleepy!

Shae's nearly 12 and getting to that too-cool stage, but he'll still just walk up to me and randomly hug me. It's the greatest. One of my favorite things Silas does is when he announces he's ready for bed before actual bedtime. He'll just put his toys away super fast, walk around the room and kiss everyone who is around, then makes another round to hug everyone, a third round to high five, then grabs his giant muno stuffy and smiles at me. Almost always the same procedure. <3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:23 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Ezra has started giving hugs. I'm a pile of mush.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:07 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

oh, haha... tzippy started making these smacking noises with her lips today. i was carrying her in the meitai and i couldn't understand what she was doing, until i leaned my head forward at one point and she smacked her lips on my face. she was kissing me! then we spent the rest of the day giggling and kissing each other.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:41 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Kelly wrote:
Already, best thread ever. Well done, coldandsleepy!

Shae's nearly 12 and getting to that too-cool stage, but he'll still just walk up to me and randomly hug me.

Aw. I love it. I was just wondering earlier when my parents and I stopped being affectionate with each other... it was definitely by the time I was 12. That makes me sad. My mom did remind me recently that I used to walk up to her and headbutt her arm and shout HEADBUTT OF LOVE basically until I went to college though.

The Emperor likes being spooned to sleep while someone sings to him. If I stop singing before he's asleep, he signs MORE MORE until I start again. And if I try to take my arms away, he grabs them and wraps them back around himself.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:30 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

coldandsleepy wrote:
The other day, the Emperor was nursing sitting in my lap. All of a sudden, he popped off the boob, grabbed my head, and held it to his chest. Then he started stroking my hair. It took me a minute to realize that he was mimicking what I do while he's nursing.

OMG, squee! That is so darling!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:27 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Aw, I love this thread.

Walter started smiling a couple of weeks ago, and he is such a happy guy in the morning. When he wakes up and sees me he gets a huge, open-mouthed smile on his face, like, "Oh, you're still here? Yay!" This makes getting up early after a night of interrupted sleep much more pleasant.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:28 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

D runs over randomly and gives me big hugs. I usually get a bunch of snot on my leg, but it's ok. He follows the hug with "mmmmmmmmmwAH!" (his little kiss).

Z and I have been reading about King Arthur before bed, and lately she's been curled up in my lap stroking my hair. Makes the memory and frustration of a day's worth four-year-old tantrums go away in a heartbeat.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:15 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Love this thread! Even though I complain often on here, I am rich with sweet moments with my kids. I love the way my soon to be 7 year old's face lights up when I pick him up from school. It never fails to make my day. I am also lucky that he still kisses me and gives me hugs, even in front of his friends who will not do so with their parents. My 8 month old has never been a huggy baby, but he is starting to give me love head butts. He will look at me adoringly, lower his head and bang it into mine. I'll take what I can get and I love this! Sometimes, love hurts...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:30 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

my 5 year old son told me he wants to be a mommy like me when he grows up when we were talking about the jobs our family has.
2 year old girl went shopping for dresses with me, she kept picking out poofy ones and made me try them on and told me I look like a princess.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:58 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Aliks wrote:
my 5 year old son told me he wants to be a mommy like me when he grows up when we were talking about the jobs our family has.

Aw sheesh, I love that. I think I need to hug someone, STAT.

The Emperor loves baby dolls, and the first thing he does whenever he picks one up is give it a big gentle hug, then a kiss on the face. I like that he's figured out that that's what we do with babies around here... we hug 'em.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:26 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

What a bunch of sweeties!

My little guy has been telling me, "Mommy, I yuv you SO much!" and when I put him to bed he says, "I want to snuggle." Totally heart-melting crazy crazy love.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:22 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Aww, so sweet. My daughter loves to lay on top of me when we're laying in the bed at her bedtime and "warm mommy up".

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:50 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

-My 2 babes keep telling my belly "Te quiero bebe." :) babe #3 is on the way
-when my 2 your old son leans in to give me a kiss or hug.. or when my daughter blurts out wherever "te quiero mami." kluhfurghfa i love it
-the 2 your old and i had a hoot one night thinking of funny names for #3 (mr.potato head, goat, pizza.. he's 2.)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:16 pm 
Married to the wolfman

mamatafari wrote:
-
-the 2 your old and i had a hoot one night thinking of funny names for #3 (mr.potato head, goat, pizza.. he's 2.)

D'awww. That's really sweet. It sounds like they're both really excited for the new baby!

The Emperor and I talk a lot about giving people "gentle touch" because, well, he's a toddler and he'll be pretty forceful unless you specifically remind him not to be. I always tell him to do gentle touch and then stroke his arm really gently so he has some idea what I'm talking about.

So he's in my lap nursing (don't all my stories about him start this way?!) yesterday and he gets this look of extreme concentration on his face. Then he presses one of his hands really hard into my squishy, squishy arm and then drags it from my elbow down to my wrist. And does it over and over.

He kind of missed the point, but I think he thought he was giving me gentle touch, and that's pretty sweet.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:22 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Oh geez. Everyone's little ones are making me a big pile of goo.

I'm trying to teach Ezra how to kiss. He definitely understands the concept... but isn't quite there yet. When he wants to kiss, he'll stop everything suddenly (crying, playing eating, etc.) and slooooowly come at me with his mouth wide open baring all of his teeth. It is then my job to turn my head so he can attach himself to my cheek. He'll rest his mouth against me without biting for a few silent seconds before starting to quietly giggle. It's pretty fun.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:49 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

This is the best thread ever.

Cosleeping with Zora continues to be the most tender experience. It's just the two of us, skin to skin. She'll root and wiggle so she's always touching me. I love waking to her morning smiles and singing. *sigh*

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:59 pm 
And you never will.

We have a little ritual that every time I finish changing poopiebaby's nappy, I stand him up, count to three and 'fly' him up in the air, spin him around, then kiss him. Now as soon as I stand him up after a change, he gets the most hilariously excited look of expectation on his face, it cracks me up.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:30 pm 
Ignore this!

Awww, this thread is almost making me wish I had a little baby or toddler around! I love it!

My baby is 12, there just aren't as many gush-worthy moments. Right now she's complaining about all the homework she has.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:34 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

flavabean wrote:
When he wants to kiss, he'll stop everything suddenly (crying, playing eating, etc.) and slooooowly come at me with his mouth wide open baring all of his teeth.

I think I dated him in 9th grade!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:37 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I don't have any little ones. But this morning I told my 17 year old son that I loved him. I expected to get silence or a whatever. I got "Love ya too".
It reminded me of what a snuggle butt he used to be.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:39 pm 
Married to the wolfman

flavabean wrote:
I'm trying to teach Ezra how to kiss. He definitely understands the concept... but isn't quite there yet. When he wants to kiss, he'll stop everything suddenly (crying, playing eating, etc.) and slooooowly come at me with his mouth wide open baring all of his teeth.

Ha ha. I know exactly the type of kiss you're talking about. I kind of miss them because lately the Emperor comes in for kisses SUPER FAST. He literally lunges. That's a) terrifying (hello mouth full of teeth!) and b) prone to ending in him smacking his head into mine painfully.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 408 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next