| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Post-birth menstrual cups
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:51 am 
Saggy Butt

I am currently experiencing my first post-childbirth period, and it just occurred to me that I might need to get a new cup. I'm also 29 so nearing the age that they recommend sizing up anyway, if I remember right. So far I am just using pads because I just didn't feel like using my cup yet, but I've almost exclusively used a cup since I was 17 so I'm sure I'll want to go back to using it at some point.

Anyway, does it REALLY matter? I already have like 3 diva cups in the smaller size and hate buying new things unnecessarily.

Also, we're only 4 months post-partum and exclusively breastfeed, so I was hoping it would take a bit longer. Grump grump.

Post subject: Re: Post-birth menstrual cups
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 5:51 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I think you probably will need the larger cup, but if you wanted to try your old cups go for it! (just wear some back-up!!)

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:11 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I would try your current cups first. I found that mine fits me...differently, so I had to get a new one. Also, I would keep the pads or liners around for the first month or two wearing it in case it does fit differently and leaks. I'm sorry your period came back so soon!

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:35 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I still use my old diva cup that I had for a few years before having a baby, and it feels the same to me. I also got my period back way too soon despite breastfeeding constantly! I feel you, it sucks.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:10 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I got the size large cup at age 38 after having 3 vaginal births (including an 8-1/2 pounder). I'd never used reusable cups before and in retrospect, I could totally have gotten the smaller one and just didn't know any better! I would try your cups and if you think you want to go a size up, then do it.

I think it's weird they say to size up if you're over 30. My vagina definitely didn't magically grow when I turned 30.

Sorry your periods came back sooner than you wanted! I'd have more kids if mine didn't take so long to return.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 7:48 am 
***LIES!!!***

I didn't size up. I haven't worn one now in over a year and a half, but comfortably wore a size 1 after having Malka until I got pregnant again at 34.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 10:38 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I'm actually thinking of getting a Diva size 1 after I pop because I want a cup that is long (without the stem -- they are too pokey for me) and narrow. My cervix is so high the first 2 days of my period, if I don't get the seal perfect, the cup will flip upsidedown! Then my cervix gets lower and I can use the MoonCup, which fits okay, but I do wish it were a bit narrower. Not worth buying another over a few mm, though.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 11:16 pm 
Saggy Butt

Thanks for the input, all. I figured if everyone was like, no dude you will definitely need a larger one, I would go ahead and order it to be ready for next time, but now I'll definitely try out my trusty size 1ers first.