| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: How long are kids colds contagious?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:37 pm 
Semen Strong

No, we stayed home, which was for the best, really. She was so cranky at around 4 pm when the wedding would have started, that it would have been terrible. Also we took her to a kid's service on Sunday because she loves singing. She lasted under a minute in the church before screaming. Everyone was very nice about it, but if that had happened at my husband's best friend's wedding, he would have lost his shiitake. He and his bride are in their 50s/late 40s respectively, and have both been married before, but they are convinced that this is their One True Love, so he was megagroomzilla about it all needing to be perfect. And the bride gets sick constantly, bc she is immunocompromised, and I definitely wouldn't have wanted to be responsible for ruining their honeymoon.

Your tummy bug sounds terrible. So glad your brother stepped up to help you! And I definitely hope your trip goes well and Babynut and you stay healthy and happy for the holidays!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:31 pm 
Semen Strong

Brett was so sick last year for so long - like 4 months or so, I feel like I am now so paranoid about him getting sick again. Especially because the flu season seems to be so bad this year.

We bailed out of a potluck this weekend, because I kept seeing people who were going to the event post about how they were up all night with sick kids. And yesterday I spoke to a friend to confirm our playdate and she said "I'm waiting to see how we feel because everyone at our house has the flu." Um then why are you thinking about having a playdate on Friday?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:22 am 
Semen Strong

And now there is a huge hubbub in my parents group, because a few people told someone hosting a meeting that she shouldn't be hosting given that everyone at her house is sick and has been sick for months with 2 hospitalizations. Her response is that its not the flu just a cold, so its no big deal, and if you're worried stay home. The problem is that this is public meeting (so people who don't know what is going on with her would be attending) and there will be lots of little babies and pregnant women. The group is now rallying behind the host.

We weren't planning to go, because I really don't want to get sick. But I don't get why the onus is on me to know everyone's health history (thanks FB!) and not on the parent who is sick and whose kids are sick to be responsible for spreading colds and the flu.