| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hi!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:11 pm 
Tofu Pup

Hi everyone. I just found out about this forum on the Kind Life and am excited for what looks to be such a big community of vegan parents!

I am 18 weeks pregnant with my first...and second...babies and so far it's been pretty rough. From about week 5 or 6 I've had extreme nausea that turned into non-stop vomiting for weeks and weeks. My midwife had me on diclectin (maybe a different name here in Canada, it's the b6/antihistamine combo) which didn't work at all. My OB finally put me on ondansetron which after a few weeks is helping. I'm still nauseas a lot of the time and but I am keeping food down and interested in eating more than baked potatoes and noodles with earth balance (oh, and freezies). My diet has been so terrible that I'm excited to get back to eating yummy healthy foods. The other day I tried a kale salad and couldn't finish it!!! How sad!!!

So far this pregnancy has really just been a bunch of yucky symptoms and so i'm happy that i'm getting a two for one! Hoping though that i'm feeling better by at least week 20 and then will have a few good months before I get too big to move :)

The good news is that everyone, from my OB (In Canada you can't just have a midwife with twins, luckily I found an OB who shares care with the midwifes) to my very conservative German father in law have had no issues with me being vegan and pregnant. I think i'm the only one whose worried at all about my protein intake.

Anyway, that was my ramble, it's nice to meet you all :)

Post subject: Re: Hi!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:24 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Hello! There are several mommies of twins on here.

Sorry to hear you are feeling so sick. With my youngest I had the worst morning sickness. I took four different medications to help and still lost weight my entire pregnancy. I seriously lived off of toast and cereal for 9 months. My daughter came out a perfect size and strong as can be. My OB said to eat what I craved even if it was ice cream (we just wanted calories at that point) and didn't care about my vegan diet at all. I didn't have any problems with anemia even with my lack of food and poor protein intake.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:25 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Welcome and congratulations!! There are some other parents of vegan twins around here, so you're in good company. I have one - Violet, 18mo.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:25 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

welcome! yay twinsies!!!

im 24 weeks pregnant (with one) and i was sick for the first like 4+ months so i feel ya. i finally just started to feel better recently.
just think of all the hormones in your body going crazy with TWINS!!!

welcome :-)

It's just funny to think that we could go through years of this, become the president of the damn country, and still, we'd be eating pasta with veggies at every. damn. function.~~Joyfulgirl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:48 pm 
Tofu Pup

wow, quick responses! Thanks Amajorrecords especially...i keep reading and being told not to worry, that my stores of everything prepregnancy will carry us through but I still feel little bit crappy about not eating as healthy as i know i should...i guess feeling guilty for not doing/being enough starts early hey?? lol

today, despite being unable to open my fridge (bf can't smell a thing, i open it and immediately want to barf in the sink!) i am going to have a breakfast bagel and smoothie! hurraw! how exciting after months of barely keeping down oatmeal and cereal :)

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:05 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Welcome and congrats! I hope you're able to enjoy food soon.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:21 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Welcome! I have one little one, Lorelei, who is 16 months old. I couldn't eat anything green for pretty much my entire pregnancy the thought of it made me feel ill. I pretty much lived off of noochy noodles. It is a pretty sad time for food.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:32 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Congratulations! "morning" sickness is cruddy, but I'm glad you're feeling a bit better now.

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]