| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: while we were gone...
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:09 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

for our honeymoon my husband and i did a meditteranean cruise and the first part of our journey was an 8ish hour flight from Boston to London. my husband is super tall (6'5) so flying pretty much sucks for him so we batted our eyelashes and begged and pleaded and said we were newlyweds and got seated in the bulkhead area so he could have more legroom.

we sat down all excited with all the space we could have and then a mom by herself with the tiniest little INFANT sat next to us and i was like "OH GOD!" i have this curse that wherever i go there are screaming babies. so i was like "oh god 8 hours of this kid screaming in my ear will be fun" (yes i realize i was totally a non-sympathetic jerk)
they brought out one of those bassinet things and that darn baby did not make one single peep during the entire 8 hours. i was flabberghasted.

it didnt wake up until morning (it was an overnight flight) when it promptly threw it's stuffed puppy dog into my cup of coffee i had been desperately wanting for several hours prior so that was a bit of a bummer at the time but i felt it was a small price to pay for such a peaceful flight. and even after it woke up i dont think it really made any noise. maybe a little bit of fussy noises but zero wailing.

i think that baby was magical.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:04 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Heh.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:19 am 
Nooch of Earl

Ha, LisaPunk, I used to be the person resenting people's babies as well. I am going to get my comeuppance in short order!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:54 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Me too - I was even that person who would glare at demon possessed children and their inept parents. I would talk loudly about how children should be banned from whatever space I was in. I surely am in for it as soon as my baby gets a little older. Now I see over-tired children and their bedraggled parents and I feel so sorry for them!!!