| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: How to talk about meat analogues
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:46 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Ah Crabby, that has happened to me too! More than once. Once I had a pizza place give me a really hard time about it... They had a specifically vegan-labeled no cheese pizza on their menu, and it came out with Parmesan sprinkled over the top of it and I sent it back, and the owner came out and was like "it doesn't have cheese on it!" and I was like "parmesan isn't cheese??" and he finally agreed to make me another one that was actually cheeseless.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Post subject: Re: How to talk about meat analogues
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:49 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

OMG, the parmesan thing!!! I sent a salad back 3 times because they kept putting cheese on it (the parmesan=totally not cheese was the first salad, so I asked for an entirely different salad -- they said the first one always had parmesan in it (it was some kind of pasta salad that they made in bulk) -- and that one came out with a generous sprinkling cheese). Actually, the third time, I said I would just pick the cheese off because it seemed like they were never going to figure it out (the waitress literally took back one salad with cheese and came right back with an identical cheesy salad), but my Aunt (she was treating me to lunch), was all, "oh, no they didn't!" and she sent it back the third time. (I thought that was pretty cool since she is a huge meat eater, but happy to stick up for the lone vegan in the family.)

(My kids are distracting me so if this doesn't entirely make sense or flow well, I'm sorry!)