All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: NJ Meet-up?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:39 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Of course that's prime brunch time. Ha.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:20 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Yeah, I am way worried about actually getting a table for a bunch of people and not having to wait an hour or more. May I suggest an alternative? Bagels and vegan cream cheese at the lyndhurst spray park nearby? Then the bigger kids can get their energy out, too?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:26 pm 
Semen Strong

sashi wrote:
Yikes. Maybe it's not a good idea. Do you know if they allow you to call and put your name on the list?

They do! I checked for us earlier this week. So we'd be on the list and get the table as it turned over, but to be honest, they never push anyone very hard to leave so turnover on big tables is slow (they don't have many its mostly 4 top booths).

If you don't mind Ada getting wet before your party the sprayground is excellent but the playground has no shade so its not ideal. also I don't know any places in Lyndhurst that do vegan cream cheese (but A. might). Where are you headed after? Montclair has vegan cream cheese near Anderson Park which is beautiful and shaded.

I'd love to see you and meet Alice so whatever you decide we are in ;)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:38 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I was thinking we could potluck it, I know nothing about lyndhurst really. Three nj families = one brings bagels, one brings cream cheese, one brings tomato and onion slices? If we do Montclair, even easier, but no water.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:46 pm 
Semen Strong

Works for us. Sashi, just let us know what works for your trip.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:46 am 

I don't mind Ada getting wet but some shade would be ideal for Alice. We're going to East Hanover. I have no idea what parks/playgrounds are over there so if Montclair has a shaded park with vegan cream cheese nearby than that works for us.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:57 am 
Semen Strong

Montclair should just add another 10 minutes or so to your trip. The bagel place that I know has vegan cream cheese is Beyond the Bagel (http://www.yelp.com/biz/beyond-the-bagel-montclair). Edgemont is close and has an enclosed playground and Anderson is beautifully shaded and is a great place for kids to run - bonus nice bathroom :) That said, it looks from my google mapping, like there may be places even closer to Ariann than Montclair, but she would know better than I.

L has explosive diarrhea, so we won't be able to join you. I definitely don't want anyone getting what she has!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:53 pm 
***LIES!!!***

If you're going to East Hanover, my recommendation is this park in Livingston http://www.njplaygrounds.com/159/littel ... ngston-nj/ or Taylor Park in Millburn (on Main St. in the center of town). I've never been to the park in Livingston, but my husband has taken Malka there and loved it - it doesn't look that shaded in the pictures although the description says it is. Taylor Park is very well shaded and also has a little stream running through it so might be cooler. In downtown Millburn there is a burrito place (Tinga) with vegan options walkable from the park and a place right on the park with really cheap sushi (blanking on the name, it is on Millburn Ave. and Lackawanna at the entrance to the park). A short drive away is a Panera. In Livingston, there isn't quite as much to eat, but there's a falafel (and lots of other random stuff including Cel-Ray!) joint up the road right on Rt. 10, which may be very much on your way (Jerusalem Restaurant). I live less than five minutes from Taylor Park and about 15 from Livingston. Either way people could bring take-out and chill outside for a bit.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:05 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Oh, and there's this: http://www.njplaygrounds.com/4020/bee-m ... ippany-nj/ right in Whippany. Probably the falafel place would be the best food option for there, too. I know this has morphed into a playground thread instead of a brunch thread, but all of the food places I suggested are also great places to eat with kids.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:01 pm 

Ahh thanks for all of the suggestions! Ok, so we have a bunch of stuff to do in the morning before we go and I really have no idea what time we'll be able to leave now and how long it will actually take us to get through Manhattan. And we still need to stop for cupcakes in Rutherford. So I think we're just going to stick with eating at RPH if we leave here early enough (and call once we get close) so that we don't need to stop in two different places. But I don't want to make any set plans with you guys since I don't know when/if we'll make it and I don't want to leave anyone waiting. :-( But hopefully we can do another meet up soon!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:16 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Good luck and have fun at rph!