| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Holiday presents you're getting the kiddos
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:58 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

What are some things your kids want this year and what are you getting them?

I got Livi a build a bear she wants (a cat in a skating outfit) and a build a bear bed and armoire. That's her biggest present. I also got her a croc purse with jibbitz, some books and games and a play doh thing and some snoopy themed stuff and some hallmark ornaments of characters she loves (Snoopy, Tom & Jerry, Scooby Doo).

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

Post subject: Re: Holiday presents you're getting the kiddos
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:47 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

mine are still too little to ask for stuff. jackson's getting a bowling set, big wheel or tricycle, drawing easel, and i'd like to get him some big building blocks if i can find them. oh, and a pretend grooming kit since he always wants to use his daddy's razor and deoderant. olivia's happy to play with whatever toys jackson's not playing with at the moment, so i'll probably just get her a bunch of clothes since she's growing like crazy.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:58 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

not sure yet. i think this year i'm going to start a "want, need, wear, read" gift policy.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:25 am 
Has Isa on speed dial

Gus turns 2 on 12/20, so for his b-day he's getting a train table with tracks and trains. He's going to love this, he played with one a few weeks ago and sobbed when we had to leave it.

For Christmas he's getting a backpack (his request) and a few new books. He's a little bookworm so this will be great too!

Eric will be 4 months. He's getting some previously used toys from Gus rewrapped as new.

I just bought the boys handmade quilted stockings from etsy that are so cute. I'm getting excited!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:09 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Kai is getting cloth diapers haha. He's really too young for toys yet. I'm asking his grandparents to get him winter hats and a turtle nightlight that projects stars on the wall.

I'm really just excited bc I cleaned up on black Friday cloth diaper sales!! I actually won one of the hourly contests at jillian's drawers so I got 3 Starbunz diapers for the price of 1. (and that's a $30 aio whohoo!) Then I also saved a ton and got a free gift certificate from Rg natural babies. All from the comfort of my couch, now that's my kind of black Friday.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:11 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

edited out because last night Shae says "I bet you wrote what I am getting for Christmas on the ppk somewhere!". So yeah.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:15 pm 
Bought a crop of bad girls

I try to keep it simple because I know he will get way too much from relatives. This year he is getting a little wooden play kitchen and some little hand carved veggies. I hope he will like it because he loves to "help" in the kitchen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:42 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Aubade wrote:
Kai is getting cloth diapers haha. He's really too young for toys yet. I'm asking his grandparents to get him winter hats and a turtle nightlight that projects stars on the wall.

The sleep sheep turtle??

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:01 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

My little dude is getting so much stuff. It's kind of ridiculous. This is the first birthday/Christmas that he really seems to "get," and we...went a little overboard on the gifts. Most of them are 'Sesame Street'-themed. I know I'm going to be kicking myself later.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:51 pm 

denali wrote:
I try to keep it simple because I know he will get way too much from relatives. This year he is getting a little wooden play kitchen and some little hand carved veggies. I hope he will like it because he loves to "help" in the kitchen

I tend to go overboard cause basically it's just us (me and the husband) and my parents getting her stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:34 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

i've no ideas what i'm getting my daughter yet. i want to get her new winter clothes but i want her to have something fun to open at home on christmas night too. she'll think clothes are boring. for me it's easier though to browse the store for something and eventually i'll find something she'll like.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:57 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

5 year old-star wars stuff, hubby will probably play with it too
2 year old-little tykes cozy coupe and random princess and hello kitty stuff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:19 am 
Baking In The Flavor

Uli is getting a tube of mini plastic African animals, a tube of mini plastic insects (or, really, life-size plastic insects...), a doctor's bag set (sans the syringe), various books (yet to be purchased. Waiting for a library sale), and several sets of pjs. That's from her dad and I and Santa. I can only imagine the presents that'll be coming from grandparents and aunts/uncles (she's still the only grandchild on one side of the family, only girl grandchild on the other).

I like the idea of "want, need, wear, read." How does one institute that?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:47 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Crantastic wrote:
I like the idea of "want, need, wear, read." How does one institute that?

Well, this is the first time I've tried it. So far, it just applies to the gifts hubs and I get Felix (We're not going to do Santa, but if we did I think his gifts would be included in our 4). What I really like about it is that it sets a limit that is completely reasonable, and gives me more cause to think carefully about each of my gift choices. I know my mom probably didn't mean to, but she definitely got carried away with quantity over quality sometimes when we were little.

I don't think it's a policy we'll extend to our families. Thankfully, they don't go too overboard, and everyone sticks pretty close to everyone else's lists. Also, I'm just not sure how we'd split that up betwixt all of them.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:50 am 

we're doing a list too and hoping everyone sticks to it. Otherwise I'm gonna brake my ankle trying to walk over the sea of toys.
I forgot to add we are going to get dr. seuss books, the teacher is recommending them for the concept of rhyming. If we could find a rhyming star wars book he'd probably be more interested! I wish all the books I had as a kid were saved, I'm going to try and save the classics for my kids!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:17 am 
Bought a crop of bad girls

appifanie wrote:
denali wrote:

I tend to go overboard cause basically it's just us (me and the husband) and my parents getting her stuff.

Yeah I understand this. I would do the same thing and in fact am tempted to do it now because I see so much I would like to get my son. My mom is a shopping addict and on christmas morning the house will be full of annoying noisy toys. Jack is only 2 so I don't want him getting too overwhelmed.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:03 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

you guys are all getting your wee ones great gifts, we had been looking on ebay and craig's list for a used kiddie piano for the little man (he's 17 months and adores playing music and singing), but we mentioned it to the grandparents, and the both ordered him one. Needless to say, we and my parents (mil got hers here first)are both looking for new gift ideas. i told my parents to get him other musical toys and we are looking for kitchen stuff or tool table that we can afford. i would love to get him one of those standing all wood sets, but that is unlikely, since we hoped to spend about 50 total. Basically, i am hoping i see something awesome on craigslist.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:20 pm 

jildez wrote:
you guys are all getting your wee ones great gifts, we had been looking on ebay and craig's list for a used kiddie piano for the little man (he's 17 months and adores playing music and singing), but we mentioned it to the grandparents, and the both ordered him one. Needless to say, we and my parents (mil got hers here first)are both looking for new gift ideas. i told my parents to get him other musical toys and we are looking for kitchen stuff or tool table that we can afford. i would love to get him one of those standing all wood sets, but that is unlikely, since we hoped to spend about 50 total. Basically, i am hoping i see something awesome on craigslist.

if you have a target nearby this is cool for music (but not for your eardrums)
http://www.target.com/BX1007-B-Parum-Pu ... ombrowse=1

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:27 pm 

Aliks wrote:
we're doing a list too and hoping everyone sticks to it.

not only did i make a list, but i divided the list according to the buyer's preferences! like my mom loves dollhouse and pretend toys so i gave her the list for dollhouse stuff and pretend food, and my dad likes building so i gave him the list with building stuff.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:59 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

For our four-year-old girl: books (probably by Jan Brett, as she's been really into "The Mitten" lately and all the pretty pictures), a doll, a copy of "Beauty and the Beast" (DVD), and coloring supplies

For our 1 1/2 year old boy: a Cat in the Hat plush toy--he's SO into Dr Seuss books and goes nuts every time he sees [the cat], a couple of board books, and a puzzle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:08 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Aliks, thanks, we are not close to a target, or anything for that matter, but that is what the internet is for, right?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:49 pm 

jildez wrote:
Aliks, thanks, we are not close to a target, or anything for that matter, but that is what the internet is for, right?

or family that lives near one! I had a friend that had that in her home and my son played with it there all the time. He's now moved on to a drum machine that I got at toys r us last christmas.
barnes and noble had buy 2 dr. seuss books get 1 free so I scored today!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:03 am 

The kids that I nanny for...
20-month-old boy: Playschool CD and a "Where is the Green Sheep?" board book;
4-year-old boy: child-sized cooking utensils. He loves to cook with me and is really into having his own stuff that's "just for him" at the moment.
6-year-old boy: a board game called "Topple Trees".
11-year-old girl: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone book.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:33 am 

I think we've finally settled on a camera. I'm still not sure how wise it is to give one to a three year old, however, kid version or no. We'll see how it goes.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:09 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Kelly wrote:
edited out because last night Shae says "I bet you wrote what I am getting for Christmas on the ppk somewhere!". So yeah.

Toby tried to search my Amazon account...What is up with these kids?

His first Christmas was obscene. He got so much stuff that he passed out before he could open it all.