| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: the poop scoop: toileting victories and set backs
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:42 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Dunno, we haven't tried that since last summer and he just peed all over then. But the good news is I gave him the choice to wear undies or go back in diapers yesterday and he chose undies. So I explained it was really important if he wore them that he went in the potty, not his undies. It seemed to get through to him and he hasn't peed in them again since.

Today he hasn't gone #2 all day though (and he almost always goes at least 1x per day). So I know it is gonna be a mess any second now....its like a ticking time bomb.

Potty training suuuuucks!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:59 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Boom! There goes the bomb. Not 5 minutes after I enticed him to sit on the potty for a long time with my iPhone, hoping it would come out, he goes #2 in his undies.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:40 pm 
Nailed to the V

This was R's first day without diapers. He liked peeing in the potty, but in between he peed quite a lot in his undies. Having wet underwear doesn't seem to bother him at all. It's a good thing we have a lot of trousers and underpants for him! He didn't poop all day. We have decided to continue using diapers at night and when we go away.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:08 pm 
Nailed to the V

So much laundry... There is definite progress though, it's just slow.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:19 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

amonik, how old is R? We're thinking about giving it a try pretty soon here (20 months) but won't push if it's not the right time yet.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:06 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Malka insisted on wearing underwear today. So I put her in a cloth diaper without a liner and told her these are practice underwear and if she keeps dry today she can wear underwear tomorrow. We shall see.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:51 am 
Nailed to the V

ScandinaVegan wrote:
amonik, how old is R? We're thinking about giving it a try pretty soon here (20 months) but won't push if it's not the right time yet.

He's three years and two months. We decided to try now because it's summer (less clothes) and he will be home from daycare for ten weeks, not because he showed any particular signs of being ready.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:06 am 
Nailed to the V

Yesterday was the first dry day! We're far from done of course, he still has to be told to go, we have to entertain him while on the potty, etc. Still feels amazing!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:39 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I thought we were totally done with this, but lately Scarlett has been freaking out about public toilets and when we're outside at a park she only wants to pee outside. Do other toddlers do this? Is it totally gross or acceptable occasionally? My concern is that now that she thinks she can just pop a squat in the grass, she's becoming even more averse to using toilets. Plus it's not going to work in the winter, or when she starts preschool next month.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:31 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

We are having a similar issue over here, Mooo. Babynut is not adverse to public toilets, but she will pop a squat anywhere and I find it uncomfortable, since where we live I am mostly talking about busy sidewalks! In a way it is nice that she is willing to do it out in the open because toilets are few and far between and we are often out walking for hours at a time. I figure that soon enough she will be embarrassed by it so in the mean time, I started bringing a portable potty with me. If we are caught without a potty, I would much rather her pee on the ground than wet herself; I just don't want that to be the normal routine.

fwiw, she doesn't have a problem at preschool with this. She loves the little toilets that they have there. Actually, now that I'm thinking about it, she did pop a squat once during naptime. The teacher told us that it was weird that she had obviously peed on her mat, but her pantaloons were dry. That little stinker! That's why I started with the portable potties because I didn't want her to just go wherever. She didn't do it again after we talked about it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9