| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3372 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117 ... 135  Next
 Post subject: Re: Post Pics of your (human) kids!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:10 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

oh geez lol

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ TheVeganHammock

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:22 am 
Level 7 Vegan

LisaPunk wrote:
annasrobbie wrote:
My SIL had a 5 lb baby, followed by a 4 lb baby. Her last baby was almost 8 lbs and she couldn't stop talking about how HUGE and CHUBBY he was - and so I was very confused when I saw a photo of a normal, skinny, newborn ;) I guess it is all in perspective! .

everywhere i go people exclaim how teeny BabyPunk is. she's almost three months old and probably the size of a "regular" newborn now.

but to me she looks totally normal and i dont even no what a "regular" baby looks like. people seem to have a general idea of size and age in their mind. i guess i dont have that.

everytime i see my friends babies around the same age they look GINORMOUS

hahah LisaPunk I feel you about other babies looking enormous...Sierra is still really short, around 27inches and only about 18lbs at 14 months. It took a really long time for her to even grow out of her 3month-size onesies, and even now she can easily wear 9month sized stuff. I suspect she'll just catch up sometime, or hey maybe she's gonna take after me and be shorter (I'm not that short, about 5'4 but my partner's side of the family are all tall and Dahlia is pretty tall right now too.) I've seen with some babies, Sierra included, that there's an uptick in growth when they start solids...Sierra now has the chubbiest little thighs and belly, I seriously want to gnaw on them all the time, but she's still pretty darn tiny overall.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:11 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Audrey- Eli is 28in and 18lbs at 8months old lol I'm sure if we put them next to each other, they'd be the same size haha... Sam was like 21lbs and 30in by now. I make them big apparently. Funny because neither I nor hubby is tall or big weight-wise... I love BFing! ;)

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ TheVeganHammock

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:25 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

It's interesting because the tiny one is the one I'm still breastfeeding at 14 months and the bigger one was on formula from like 3 months. Just goes to show that there are so many factors in growth I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:29 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Yeah, my big boy was mostly formula fed (Sam was on formula from day 1, but I tried relactating at 4months old and so he had some bm too, til 25months old).. Eli is all bm right now (doesn't eat much solids). Yes, he's a smaller boy, but still average (60th percentile for height, 40th for weight). But he looks a lot chunkier in the thighs and arms than Sam did.. its weird!

I blog @ TheVeganHammock

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:09 pm 
Semen Strong

Busy!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:10 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Audrey wrote:
LisaPunk wrote:
annasrobbie wrote:
My SIL had a 5 lb baby, followed by a 4 lb baby. Her last baby was almost 8 lbs and she couldn't stop talking about how HUGE and CHUBBY he was - and so I was very confused when I saw a photo of a normal, skinny, newborn ;) I guess it is all in perspective! .

everywhere i go people exclaim how teeny BabyPunk is. she's almost three months old and probably the size of a "regular" newborn now.

but to me she looks totally normal and i dont even no what a "regular" baby looks like. people seem to have a general idea of size and age in their mind. i guess i dont have that.

everytime i see my friends babies around the same age they look GINORMOUS

hahah LisaPunk I feel you about other babies looking enormous...Sierra is still really short, around 27inches and only about 18lbs at 14 months. It took a really long time for her to even grow out of her 3month-size onesies, and even now she can easily wear 9month sized stuff. I suspect she'll just catch up sometime, or hey maybe she's gonna take after me and be shorter (I'm not that short, about 5'4 but my partner's side of the family are all tall and Dahlia is pretty tall right now too.) I've seen with some babies, Sierra included, that there's an uptick in growth when they start solids...Sierra now has the chubbiest little thighs and belly, I seriously want to gnaw on them all the time, but she's still pretty darn tiny overall.

It's weird (and fun) having both now. At 3, Raygold is so skinny, he can still wear 18-month jeans (although most are a bit short) -- he's in the 9th percentile. We're wondering when Vax will catch up or outgrow him. ;D There is a cute shirt that Beet & Raygold wore for weeks that was too small for Vax and this hat that was too big for B&R at birth that was too small for Vax. When I was on the bus home from giving birth to Vax, I was talking to a boy who I thought was Beet's age (they were the same size) and he was Raygold's age!
Vax just seems like a beast compared to my other two.

blah blah blah big small big small

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:19 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Cute pic of Leela and the flowers!

It's taken me a long time, but I'm really realizing that size is so unimportant generally, aside from y'know preemies, etc. People often ask about Freya when we're on the bus or playground because she is super talkative and much less shy now. They nearly always (just twice today even) talk about her being a big girl. She is big, but she's happy in herself and is pretty normal on the developmental side, so yeah. :)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:06 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Leela looks like she's on the happiest mission ever!

On the size topic, my first little guy was pretty small. Seven pounds at birth, but stayed pretty small. He's 5 and weighs about 37 pounds, last I checked a few months ago. I think he might have gotten a bit taller recently though. My second little guy was born a small/normal size, but chunked up immediately. He's way bigger than Izzy was at the same age. I think he'll probably always be on the bigger side.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:28 pm 
Semen Strong

Ha! I wanted to take her out to get lovely photos of her, but within minutes of getting to the gardens, she threw herself into the dirt and made dirt angels. The smile on her face is because her fist is full of rocks and dirt.

Toddlers are amazing.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:20 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

[quote="Tofulish"]she threw herself into the dirt and made dirt angels./quote]

That's the best. Leela totally knows how to live right!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:07 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Fun with magnetic letters that came in the post today..

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:27 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

aww, good job, lil one!

I blog @ TheVeganHammock

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:17 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Audrey wrote:
It's interesting because the tiny one is the one I'm still breastfeeding at 14 months and the bigger one was on formula from like 3 months. Just goes to show that there are so many factors in growth I guess.

I know plenty of large bf babies so obviously it's not an absolute limit, but I thought formula-fed babies were generally larger, at least initially? Isn't that why there are different charts? This article seems to support that: http://www.babble.com/baby/breastfed-ba ... rt-weight/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:37 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

in theory, yes, but anecdotally I always hear people say "OMG breastmilk is amazing, look at my giant breastfed baby!" etc. But I've gotten way off-topic in this thread so:
A bit blurry but she's wearing a favorite dress, kimono-style with a Japanese print all over it. And bonus cat + baby drinking a bottle!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:44 pm 
Nooch of Earl

I think that's only the babies of vegans, because their milk tastes better. ;)

That is an awesome dress! She looks so happy!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:47 pm 
Semen Strong

Great dress! And I love the family portrait! And Freya is adorable as always!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:08 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

annak wrote:
I think that's only the babies of vegans, because their milk tastes better. ;)

Haha, obviously! :P Because we do everything better, right? ;)

I blog @ TheVeganHammock

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:03 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Still the bestest thread ever. PPKids are cute!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:27 am 
And you never will.

I don't mean to get way off topic or sound like I'm butthurt or anything (I'm not!), but poopieboy was exclusively breastfed until nine months and he was tiny. Off the charts tiny - to the point people commented (not in a good way). When people talk about "look at my big chunky baby, breastmilk is amazing!" it kind of bugs me because mine wasn't big and chunky, but that doesn't mean he wasn't healthy, and it doesn't mean my breastmilk isn't amazing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:57 am 
Level 7 Vegan

poopiebitch wrote:
I don't mean to get way off topic or sound like I'm butthurt or anything (I'm not!), but poopieboy was exclusively breastfed until nine months and he was tiny. Off the charts tiny - to the point people commented (not in a good way). When people talk about "look at my big chunky baby, breastmilk is amazing!" it kind of bugs me because mine wasn't big and chunky, but that doesn't mean he wasn't healthy, and it doesn't mean my breastmilk isn't amazing.

I'm with you, that's pretty much exactly what I was trying to say.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:51 pm 
Naked Under Apron

I was always worried people were going to blame my tiny breastfed kids on my being vegan (I mean, they blamed Beet's then-wonky legs on that when it had nothing to do with it and the paediatrician said to stop breastfeeding him) -- it probably doesn't help that Weston A Price says vegan breastmilk is teh worst thing evar. Thing is, I have a really really good supply, the kids drank a ton of it and only Vax is big -- we are in awe of how beastly he is compared to the other two. I've raised them all pretty much the same.

My Slovakian dentist said he could tell Beet was breastfed because, "formula fed babies have really big cheeks." Which was hilarious because my dentist had just about the biggest cheeks ever.

(Also, loling out loud at the word butthurt. I've never heard that one before!)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:17 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

That reminds me, Eli is pretty small (35% weight and still going down every month), but he doesn't look sick or anything... and he's doing good, and breast only... and we had his doc appt today, and she didn't even flinch when I mentioned we were vegan and he was mostly still EBF (we are doing BLW but he doesnt eat much). She said he was fine! That made me smile :) I'm doing something right!

I blog @ TheVeganHammock

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:48 am 
Naked Under Apron

Beet & Raygold's album cover playing in the tent. We were going to stay there all night, but the midges found a way in and launched a massive assault.

Vax!!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:53 am 
Bathes in Braggs

happy vax!!!!

Reply to topic  [ 3372 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116, 117 ... 135  Next