| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
 Post subject: Re: cloth diapering
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:51 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

ive noticed with the fuzzi bunz they sort of pooch out in the front where her stomach is. i wonder if that's why. she is also tall and thin. right now they are still ok but we are no where near potty training so i wonder now if they will last that long

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:38 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

On the topic of potty training, we are there now... Eeek! (How is Elijah 20 months old already??)

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:58 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

im guessing for BabyPunk that since she has been developmentally behind in almost everything she will potty train late too which sucks!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:20 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

LP, I have a skinny baby (although the tummy is getting roundier! yes!) and 5 pocket fuzzibunz. I put two inserts in each one--one FB that came when I bought the diapers, and one no-name bamboo insert next to it. It makes a bulky diaper but fills out the pocket so there's no gapping around tiny wu's legs. Plus bonus absorbency. Maybe give that a try?

SUH, we're planning to make a big toilet training push in late August. I was thinking it was getting towards time for us, but we're leaving in two weeks for a big trip back to the US, and I would rather wait until after all the travel and get settled again first. Definitely interested to hear how it goes with Elijah!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:52 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I have an ebook to potty train them in 3 days... it works! Sam was completely out of diapers, day and night, within 48hrs of starting... at 2.5yrs old... But Eli is ready now.

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:53 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

LP, what setting are you on for the rise?
With my tall skinny boys, when we start leaking, it's time to go up in size... And make it tighter around waist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:12 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

im not sure what the setting is. i know my husband readjusted just one of them recently. ill have to try with two inserts in it. we do that at night sometimes when the big hemp diapers that are good at night we have are dirty.

as far as the big bulky butt goes i think that just goes with cloth diapering! but to be honest when i put her in disposables her pants dont even stay on her. the cloth bulk helps keep the pants up!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:21 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

oh and i read about the potty training in 3 days thing on baby center. glad to know it works for some people!
we're not there yet but might try it when the time comes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:58 pm 
Saggy Butt

Stuckunderhere, what's the potty-training ebook called? Sven is 2.5 and while not quite there yet, I think he may be getting close!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:19 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

The ebook we used was Oh crepe Potty Training. I thought it was really helpful.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:37 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

this doesnt answer your question exactly but this is what i saw in an email from baby center. it gives an overview of it.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_potty-training-in-three-days-or-less_10310078.bc

what age did people START potty training. i havent read a damned thing about it. BP is only 14 months so i doubt we are anywhere near it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:29 pm 
Saggy Butt

Thanks Butternut! I'll look into it!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:35 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

It's called the Potty Training Bootcamp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:57 pm 
Nooch of Earl

So I had totally blocked out of my mind what a pain in the asparagus it is to resize the elastic in the entire stash of fuzzi bunz one sizes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:20 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Any suggestions on fleece covers? I asked on a local CD board and fear it will turn into a debate on whether or not it is ok for vegans to use wool. grr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:52 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Hey, has anyone tried the disposable inserts (like Flip or GDiaper) for pocket-style cloth diapers?

We have a bunch of pocket Fuzzibunz and Petite Dessous that we got secondhand and normally use with no-name bamboo liners, which go in the washing machine. But we're about to take a month long trip to the US and I'm wondering what our best options are. I know that with some of the family we're staying with and on some travel days using cloth exclusively is not going to be possible; still, I hate the idea of using disposables all the time for A MONTH! I thought that if we packed our pocket diapers--which line-dry extremely quickly-- and used disposable inserts that would be a good compromise that might allow us to pack fewer diapers, do less laundry, and still mostly cloth diaper. Any thoughts, recommendations, or product reviews?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:28 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

ScandinaVegan wrote:
Hey, has anyone tried the disposable inserts (like Flip or GDiaper) for pocket-style cloth diapers?

We have a bunch of pocket Fuzzibunz and Petite Dessous that we got secondhand and normally use with no-name bamboo liners, which go in the washing machine. But we're about to take a month long trip to the US and I'm wondering what our best options are. I know that with some of the family we're staying with and on some travel days using cloth exclusively is not going to be possible; still, I hate the idea of using disposables all the time for A MONTH! I thought that if we packed our pocket diapers--which line-dry extremely quickly-- and used disposable inserts that would be a good compromise that might allow us to pack fewer diapers, do less laundry, and still mostly cloth diaper. Any thoughts, recommendations, or product reviews?

We've been using them at night with pretty good success. She was wetting more than the cloth inserts could handle at night. My brother gave us some gdiaper (http://www.gdiapers.com/shop/disposable-inserts) inserts with the rest of their cloth stuff. They say they are compostable and flushable, but can't attest to either. Once we ran out of those we switched to some other brand that my sister sent us. They seem to work equally well. Overall i would say they are as good as disposables without throwing away a bunch of plastic.

The above has probably offended you. I have found it impossible to post to these forums without offending someone. I have preemptively said 25 hail seitans in the hope that I may appease the ppk gods and not be smote from these boards.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:54 pm 
Semen Strong

The 3 day thing didn't work for us at all, so if it doesn't work for you, don't despair! It will happen eventually.

For us one day, in Target of all places, L asked to use the potty (she had asked at different times before), and after that she just didn't want or need diapers any more. Its not perfect. She still sometimes forgets, so I just remind her every 2 hours to go.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:46 pm 
Saggy Butt

Random but we got a new washer and dryer. Cloth diapering has become so much easier. Our old washer and dryer was over ten years old and they were starting to break down. Our laundry room was also very small and the dry door opened in such a way that it was hard to get the clothes out. This new dryer has the door open from the other side so doing laundry is much more pleasant. The washer has more cycles and I can do a presoak and a wash all at once.

Lately my son has been wetting his diapers over night and during his nap. He wets so much that his clothes end up soaked. I've tried to put in more (stuffing? We use pocket diapers) but it still doesn't work. Is there a specific brand I should try? Or any other advice?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:00 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Leaking through legs or from tummy? Or through the PUL fabric??

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:40 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i had a similar issue lately and it was mainly at night or during naptime and here is what i learned.

#1. it could just be the diapers themselves are old and worn out and the PUL isnt working anymore. i think at least a few of ours had that issue.

#2 the biggest thing for us was i think that i had to size up. since BabyPunk is so small i had her in super small diapers but she was having toddler sized pees. so once i bought some new size 2 prefold covers and started using the size 2 prefolds we havent had any issues. with our fuzzi bunz which are a pocket style diaper we resized them a bit bigger and someone suggested putting two liners in to help stop leaking around the legs. not sure if this would help with a boy???? it helped us since BP is a girl and has really scrawny legs. plus more liner means more absorbancy

are you putting your covers in the dryer? they definitely arent supposed to go in the dryer on high. i had them in the dryer for one run through on medium with everything else since if i put everything in on low nothing would ever dry and then i would take the covers out after 1 cycle and let it run again to dry the diapers (nothing dries on one cycle no matter what, it sucks). now i put everything on low for one cycle and then take the covers out including the fuzzi bunz covers (but not the liners) then put everything else on high to finish drying. luckily it's summer so now i just hang everything outside and dont have to worry about the dryer.

for nighttime we use these:
http://www.amazon.com/Kissaluvs-Organic-Cotton-Unbleached-15-40lbs/dp/B002UD6C0C/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1405791349&sr=8-3&keywords=kissaluvs

they are really absorbant (the hemp i guess?) and with an appropriate sized cover we havent had any nighttime leaking issues. like i dont change her at all at night anymore.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:41 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I always use 2 liners in pocket diapers. And my boy doesn't pee much...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:42 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Weird you say that about nighttime diapers... I hated KLs!

We use Pianissimo Cloth minky fitted diapers for nights. Best diaper EVER!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:26 pm 
Saggy Butt

They are leaking through the tummy and sides. We put them on medium heat in the dryer. Sometimes I let them air dry but then end up very stiff and I'll put them in the dryer for about a half an hour. They are about 6 months old. (Had to get new ones because our bum genius were very worn. These have the micro fiber inserts. He also had a lot of dirty diapers. He's been wanting to eat constantly lately and I think he is hitting a growth spurt.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:52 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

When they are stiff, just shake it off with a good hand... It works.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next