| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7751 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 262, 263, 264, 265, 266, 267, 268 ... 311  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:49 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Yeah I totally agree it may be OK for some, it is just me personally. The 1st pregnancy was hard on me and my hip has never been the same, it still hurts me regularly. Plus there are a number of other issues that I just don't feel in the shape I need to be. It would be nice in terms of giving my son someone to play with and having another cuddly baby again, but then there are all the other things that go along with it - like how I would continue my new high demand job (that I love) when I'm not sleeping at night? I'm already low on energy so how will I be able to keep up with two? Also my husband is even 3 years older than me, and not in great shape, so will we be there for them the way we need to be in retirement? It probably would be fine but there are so many unknown factors it keeps me from taking the extra step to go to fertility doctors and all that.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:07 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Sounds wise to me.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:19 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Tofulish wrote:
Aubade wrote:
I just don't want to have a baby at 41. I personally feel too old.

I hear this a lot from people, especially because I had L at 40 and will be 42 at delivery if this pregnancy works out. I personally feel like age is just a number (kind of like weight) - its not a proxy for how risky your pregnancy will be, much life you have left or even for the kind of health situation you find yourself in.

My paternal gran had her 7th kid at 45. 45!!! He was a bit of a 'surprise' (I didn't know that until this year), but he turned out to be a really cool kid. When my grandpa's workmates found out he'd sired a 7th and at that age, they started calling him 'the silver fox' (he had a full head of grey hair). So having kids later in life can totally be awesome!

Last edited by TheCrabbyCrafter on Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:25 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Ariann wrote:
And I was actually the youngest birther in my family in three generations at 31!

Wow! I'm the oldest birther* in my family because I didin't start until 31 -- my parents didn't even think I wanted kids because I'd waited so long and my MIL was convinced I'd have 'the fertility issues that come late in life')!

* Starting time, that is -- my gran wins oldest birther by having her 7th at 45.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:45 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

We have had the same thing Tofulish. Wolverine took over 2 years to conceive and this one happened the one time we had sex during that cycle, not trying or planning on trying until he turned 2. It took me a bit to really come to terms with having another baby right now. I really didn't connect with her until we found out the sex and started to figure out a name for her.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:24 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Hey Tofulish, you sound more upbeat now, but I was thinking about you this weekend anyway.

tiny wu wasn't an accident, but I did get pregnant about the MINUTE we started trying, which was not what I expected at all, and even though we really wanted her, my first reaction to the positive test was more like "OK, you have 9 months to get used to this... you can do this..." But, you know, now she's here and I could not love her any more. ANd I can't imagine not having her.

I think whatever your situation is, it's hard to adjust mentally and feel prepared for change. For me that was knowing someone else would be joining our twosome family, when Mr. Scandi and I have been together for 14 years (high school sweethearts, I'm 30). Adding another baby into your tight little unit is another big one, but I see how much love you have for Leela and have no doubt there will be plenty to go around your whole family.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:48 pm 
Semen Strong

In the "Isn't It Ironic" files - I just realized that I had just bought a new Diva cup before finding out we were pregnant because I thought I needed to upgrade to the bigger size. Guess I won't be using it for another year (if we're lucky).

I do feel a bit more upbeat, though I am noticing that even the few symptoms I now have make it harder to deal with L. I am already starting to get little waves of tiredness and my boobs are sore so nursing isn't my favorite thing. And I think my supply has dropped because she nurses at night for about an hour and then cries for water, and then downs a sippy cup of water in her sleep, which makes me sad.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:46 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Oh my goodness, I've been gone too long! Congratulations Tofulish!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:16 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Tofulish!!! I am very excited for you!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:26 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Tofulish wrote:
In the "Isn't It Ironic" files - I just realized that I had just bought a new Diva cup before finding out we were pregnant because I thought I needed to upgrade to the bigger size. Guess I won't be using it for another year (if we're lucky).

I do feel a bit more upbeat, though I am noticing that even the few symptoms I now have make it harder to deal with L. I am already starting to get little waves of tiredness and my boobs are sore so nursing isn't my favorite thing. And I think my supply has dropped because she nurses at night for about an hour and then cries for water, and then downs a sippy cup of water in her sleep, which makes me sad.

It's a present for your Future Self :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:27 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

Congratulations, Tofulish! Super exciting! I will echo what others have said. When I was pregnant with my second child, I felt the same way. I didn't see how I could possibly love any baby as much as I loved my first. But when he was born, I realized there was nothing to worry about.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:01 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

my double edged sword has hit again. Makes me feel too sick to clean the kitchen so I put it off. Tried to load the dishwasher and it stunk so bad I ended up projectile vomiting everywhere. I thought I was done with this but I guess it just needs the right smell to trigger it back again.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:08 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Ugh, that sounds awful. Hope you convinced the man to pitch in and load the dw for you. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:31 pm 
Semen Strong

I forgot about how stressful the first trimester can be, when every flutter or contraction can mean something not good and you don't have the feeling of a baby moving around solidly in you to reassure you that everything is okay. I have a bit of brown spotting, which intellectually I know is no big deal, but of course I am a nervous wreck right now.

I had been telling myself that I was superzen and if this doesn't work out then I am cool with it and if it does then cool - no attachment. And today after seeing Leela play with little girls all day and getting so excited about the idea of her having a sibling, I am now completely attached to the idea of this baby and Leela having a sibling. And now I am making silly deals with God to please let this baby hang around.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:32 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Oh, that's such a tough stage, Tofulish. And it's funny how fast you can go from the que sera mindset to the omgbaby!!! one. Sticky thoughts!

Man, tank. That sucks. I'm sorry.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:00 pm 
Nooch of Earl

*hug* Sticky thoughts, Tlish!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:20 pm 
Semen Strong

Well, it keeps getting worse, so that isn't a good sign. Going to try moxibustion tomorrow, but don't have a great feeling about it.

I hadn't realized (or had blocked out) that 20% to 30% of pregnancies end in miscarriage. Kind of feeling silly for being so optimistic about this.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:34 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Hugs t'lish! Let me know if I can do anything for you.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:34 pm 
Semen Strong

Aww thanks! I'm fine for the most part, just feeling like an idiot for getting so excited and jumping the gun disclosing being pregnant and forgetting all the unfun parts of the first trimester. I was kind of stoked for an easy pregnancy!

I love the homebirth midwife I met - I texted her to tell her that we should probably cancel our planning meeting, and she called me immediately and walked me through stuff and was just so reassuring and kind. It felt very supportive and nice.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:45 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

Tofulish wrote:
Awww thanks! I'm fine for the most part, just feeling like an idiot for getting so excited about being pregnant and forgetting all the unfun parts of the first trimester given my history. I was kind of stoked for an easy pregnancy! And I am kind of dreading having to tell people because I totally jumped the gun on disclosing.

I love the homebirth midwife I met - I texted her to tell her that we should probably cancel our planning meeting, and she called me immediately and walked me through stuff and was just so reassuring and kind. It felt very supportive and nice.
Just saw this. Hang in there, sweetie - call or PM if you need an ear! XOXOXO

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:47 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Hang in there T... I'll be thinking of you.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:51 pm 

coldandsleepy wrote:
Hang in there T... I'll be thinking of you.

Me too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:42 am 
Level 7 Vegan

I'm sorry, Tofulish. Making new people is a really difficult thing, but its easy to forget because people only share the joyous parts and keep the difficulties to themselves. I know just what you mean when you say you feel stupid for getting so excited. I've been there. Don't be angry with yourself, we can't help but get excited. Hugs to you.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:52 am 

Aw, hugs. That sense of not having any control is especially tough. Sending you sticky vibes. :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:30 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Tofulish wrote:
Well, it keeps getting worse, so that isn't a good sign.

Try to stay positive! I bleed for like a month when I was pregnant for Silas. I was convinced I was losing him and it was horrendous. Not just brown blood, but tons of bright red blood. At some point in my hysteria, I convinced myself that what is meant to happen will happen and all I could control was my stress level so I did my absolute best to be positive about it. It really sucks just waiting and worrying and at least actively trying to minimize the worrying felt like I was doing something.

Thinking good thoughts for you <3

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7751 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 262, 263, 264, 265, 266, 267, 268 ... 311  Next