| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 312  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:37 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Jenna- good thoughts coming your way! <3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:40 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

hahahaha. caught a baby? heehee congrats!

I have my fingers crossed for you Jenna!

When I bought maternity clothes with henry's pregnancy, I only spent like $150 but the bank called my husband and told him that someone was spending a bunch of money at a maternity store. He was really scared that I had done serious damage. :)

Def. get 1-2 pairs of good jeans, stetchy dresses, and leggings. Those were always my favorite things. I actually wore a lot of non maternity "long and lean" style strechy shirts form target. they didn't get too short until the very end.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:47 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

good luck, jenna!

and thanks everyone!

i think i am going to go shopping in the next few days, my jeans are starting to get a little tight and i need them for work!

i feel like i have been pretty lucky, i have felt pretty good overall besides being so tired. what do you guys feel about flu shots? my doctor recommended that i get one, but i haven't yet and i just really, really don't want to get one. the problem is that i work with the public so i am nervous about catching something. i have never had one before now and i haven't had the flu in nearly 10 years.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:08 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

jenna, good luck tomorrow! you'll be in my thoughts!

congrats, little bird! i got the flu shot this year, and it's the first time i ever got one. as far as i can tell the risks that accompany the shot are extremely minimal considering the potential benefit. also, my baby is due in the middle of flu season so it seems like one of the better ways i can try to protect him.

i'm at about 34 wks, and i really haven't worn much in the way of true maternity clothes. i DO have one target maternity t-shirt, it's just a longer, slightly roomier version of their regular boyfriend style t's (which i have a ton of and none of them fit anymore). instead of maternity pants i bought a couple pairs of cheap target "jeggings," the kind that are more jean than legging (i wear them with a belly band). they make cheap jeans so stretchy these days! my favorite tops/dresses are the long, flowy kind that i can belt. my fave outfit is definitely a flowy top/dress + belt + jeggings + belly band.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:41 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Momo: I'm thinking of you!

littlebear: Oh my gosh! Congratulations!

JENNA: So many healthy baby thoughts for you! Hopefully you'll be celebrating your husband's birthday with a big dose of relief. My baby is SUPER active at night and I'm just steeling myself for a lot of nighttime hijinks once s/he's on the outside, too. (And hoping I'm proved wrong!)

I haven't bought a ton of maternity clothes, either. I'm 37 weeks and the biggest thing for me is jeans - I bought two pairs of maternity skinny jeans (one under the belly pair from Motherhood and one full panel pair from Old Navy). For tops I've mostly been wearing regular long tees and sweaters. It's awesome because everything's my normal size, so I'll be able to wear it after the baby too. I did break down and buy a maternity coat from Old Navy. It's ugly as fork, but it's warm and none of my other coats close over my belly, so it was definitely a necessity. I'm just glad I got it with a 50% off coupon because, as I said, it is fuuuuugly. Oh, well. I only have to wear it for a few more weeks!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:07 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Good luck Jenna! I'll be thinking of you while I'm at the doctor too.

Maternity clothes-ugh. Last time, even maternity shirts weren't long enough, so I bought some belly bands on etsy for this time. And I only bought one pair of maternity jeans which never really fit because my butt didn't get any bigger! I will be huge in the same season so the stuff that did work last time will get used again.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:45 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Good luck, Jenna! Walter was very active at night, and has been on the outside, too. At three weeks old he's starting to get the hang of night and day, but it's been a rough three weeks.

Pinko, when do you move? How is that going?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:02 am 
Chip Strong

Welcome Swimmer!

Momo, keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Congrats littlebear! I haven't gotten the flu shot yet either. I was leaning towards getting it but really don't feel comfortable about it so I've put it off (I too have never gotten one).

JENNA, I'm thinking good thoughts for you!

In the last week I have really started to feel this baby kicking! My husband can finally feel the kicks too so he's excited.
I haven't bought too many maternity clothes but I really need to get some more winter stuff. Thankfully my winter coat still fits and I'm hoping it lasts. I bought one pair of maternity jeans that I've been wearing all of the time and a couple of maternity long sleeve shirts. Leggings and dresses seem to be the most comfortable thing. My t-shirts have all fit up to this point but even my longer ones are starting to get a little short so I need to get some longer ones.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:26 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

mittenmacher wrote:
Pinko, when do you move? How is that going?

We are moving now! We got the keys to our new house yesterday. And the way it worked out, the sale of our current house won't close until next week so we can take our time a little bit. Which is good because OH MY GOD there is so much to do. Plus we have to go to the hospital for our pre-admission visit super early tomorrow morning (that's the only appointment they had that my husband and I could both make). I had a dream last night that my labor started - not funny!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:59 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

JENNA wrote:
WOW! Congrats littlebear!

I'm 18 weeks and am feeling more and more little kicks and such now. Its fun except he/she is kicking mostly at night when i'm trying to sleep which makes me nervous because Reno NEVER EVER kicked or moved or anything at night and was and still is the best night time sleeper ever. So i'm nervous that this one will confuse night and day and I will be a tired Mama which i've never been.

I'm also getting my amnio tomorrow morning. I'm nervous as all hell and to top it off I scheduled the amnio on my husbands birthday without even thinking about it at the time. I feel bad.
Think good happy healthy safe baby thought's tomorrow for us!

Good luck with the amnio!!

Kai hardly kicked through the whole pregnancy, and everyone thought he'd be a mellow baby (dr. included). Turns out he is the opposite - he hardly sleeps and is so interested in everything!! He didn't figure out night and day until about 6 weeks, and woke up nearly every 1.5 hours until then. Now he'll sleep for about 3 hours in a row, and wakes up 2-3x during the night. But still hates naps - i have to walk/rock him in a mei tai to get him to sleep more than 20 minutes during the day. And when he is awake, he kicks his feet like he is running a marathon!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:06 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Thanks everyone! Had the amnio done this morning. It was quick and painless. Getting blood drawn actually hurt more. I'm feeling good and now have to wait 10-14 days for the results.

In exciting news we found out the sex of the baby.......it's a BOY!! I'm beyond thrilled because I've always wanted a boy. We haven't told Reno yet that she is having a brother. She has been adamant that it would be a girl and wont accept anything else! She doesn't understand that we have no control over this.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:42 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Glad it was quick and painless, Jenna.
A boy!!!! Congrats!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:19 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

A boy!!! Exciting, Jenna! I can't wait to see what awesome name you guys come up with, I love Reno's so much. (no pressure, haha) Glad the amnio was easy. Hope the 10-14 days flies by too.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:57 pm 

Oh, a boy! Congrats, Jenna.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:38 am 
Nooch of Earl

sashi wrote:
Welcome Swimmer!
In the last week I have really started to feel this baby kicking! My husband can finally feel the kicks too so he's excited.
I haven't bought too many maternity clothes but I really need to get some more winter stuff. Thankfully my winter coat still fits and I'm hoping it lasts. I bought one pair of maternity jeans that I've been wearing all of the time and a couple of maternity long sleeve shirts. Leggings and dresses seem to be the most comfortable thing. My t-shirts have all fit up to this point but even my longer ones are starting to get a little short so I need to get some longer ones.

If you don't mind used clothes, I recommend keeping an eye on craigslist. I got a giant lot of stuff (probably 30+ items?) for about $150 and it's all solid basics. I've fleshed that out with various cute patterned things. I don't need any of it quite yet but I am a compulsive planner! Also check out zulily - you have to sign up for it but they have good deals on maternity clothes every couple of days.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:46 am 
Semen Strong

Congratulations JENNA!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:15 pm 
Chip Strong

Yay a boy! Congrats Jenna!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:18 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Kelly wrote:
I can't wait to see what awesome name you guys come up with, I love Reno's so much. (no pressure, haha)

I can't promise it will be as awesome as Reno's name. My husband thinks boys shouldn't be given to weird of a name. He also claims all of the names I come up with are feminine. He is such a wacko some times! :) We have always had the worst time agreeing on boys names so this should be an interesting few months for us. If this baby was going to be a girl her name probably would have been Lucy. I'm kinda sad I won't have a little Lu to call my own.

I've also been thinking about how weird it is that I have male body parts growing inside of me. I can't quite get my mind wrapped around all this yet. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:35 pm 

JENNA wrote:
We have always had the worst time agreeing on boys names so this should be an interesting few months for us.

Word. It was a lot easier for us to pick a boy name the second time because our list of maybe 4 names was already one name shorter.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:55 pm 

Nausea + yeast infection + pelvic rest anyway + exhaustion = wake me up when the first tri is OVER!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:00 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

this week i have felt pretty good and i keep wondering if i am still pregnant because i think i shouldn't feel this good.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:03 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Thank you Pinko and Sashi!

Gumboots & Cats Facebook Page
http://www.gumbootsandcats.tumblr.com/
http://www.gumbootsandcats.blogspot.com/
http://www.gumbootscatsvegansnacks.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:03 pm 
Semen Strong

littlebear wrote:
this week i have felt pretty good and i keep wondering if i am still pregnant because i think i shouldn't feel this good.

Congratulations littlebear!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:13 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Thanks Tofulish!

And I am sorry you are feeling so lousy Kiddo!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:16 am 

Thanks littlebear. I am actually feeling a little better tonight.
And you are in the early part of the second trimester, right? So that's probably why you are feeling better! I know I got a lot more energy and my nausea went away pretty quick in the 2nd tri last time.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 312  Next