| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7737 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 310  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:00 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

thanks for the belly love, ladies. i'm definitely much bigger now than i was at the end of my last pregnancy. i cannot believe i still potentially have 3 more weeks of expanding to do...

good to hear antibiotics were no big deal, mitten. it really doesn't sound bad. my water had to be broken for me last time so hopefully that's a non-issue, but we'll see. i've got my fingers crossed for a somewhat slow labor. there are so many reasons i would like to not have to rush off to the hospital right away (mostly involving being able to get my son to a caretaker with time to spare).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:53 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

ISYBB, I have that same sweater and now I extra love it! You look fantastic!

I was super freaked about the IV antibiotics as well but it turned out to not be a big deal. I hope everything goes great for you guys!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:44 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Ahhh, you guys are getting so close!

I can't stop eating canned fruit; like mandarin oranges and "tropical" fruit cups with pineapple, papaya, and passion fruit. And it has to be ice cold. And I'm all out and it's been snowing all day and I don't want to get myself and the kid bundled up to go to the store for some canned fruit! But I want some sooooooo bad :(

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:38 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

We went to the store anyway and I just ate a whole can of mandarins and it was awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:02 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Kiddo wrote:
We went to the store anyway and I just ate a whole can of mandarins and it was awesome.

Ha! You're adorable.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:45 am 
Level 7 Vegan

pinko, I had a dream that you had your baby and named him Odin. Is this true?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:14 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

mittenmacher wrote:

Sadly, no. Still waiting. How crazy would it have been if you were right, though?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:19 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Pinko wrote:
mittenmacher wrote:

Sadly, no. Still waiting. How crazy would it have been if you were right, though?

Ohh, I like the name Odin! Pinko, you have first dibs on it though ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:55 pm 

38 wks tomorrow. i have officially entered "this baby could come whenever. no, REALLY, whenever" panic mode. my midwife says he's a big baby and thinks he should come sooner rather than later. fork. if he can hold out for the next seven days until my husband isn't working night shift that would at least be nice. until then, every cramp and contraction is freaking me out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:31 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Been there! Unfortunately all my finger (and leg) crossing and standing on my head didn't keep Walter in past 38 weeks, 1 day. I know just how you're feeling! Ready or not, whenever your baby decides it's time everything else will come to a screeching halt. Here's hoping you make it another week!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:01 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

ah. so close isybb!

Last night I had my first breastfeeding dream. I had a few with Reno but I was always feeding my cat CB which always weirded me out. I also kept her in a box in the attic. At least this time it was a real baby but the weird part was that the baby was talking in full sentences already.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:05 am 

omg, how do i gently explain to my mom that when she comes out to visit post-baby i do not want to just hang out in her hotel room?

for some reason she is under the impression that it would be easier to take care of a newborn and toddler there than at my well-sized, centrally located, toy-filled, baby gadget containing home. how is a toddler going to be well entertained in a stark hotel room? why would i lug all my baby gear across town? she keeps talking about the pool, but i'm not putting on a swimsuit a month after having a baby and felix has been "swimming" once and was semi-terrified. at first she thought it would be GREAT if we all slept over (WHATTTTTTTTTTTT?!), and i totally shut that down. i just really don't understand.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:49 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

No offense but your Mom is just being plain weird and crazy!

JUST BE HONEST! Why would she come to visit and not "visit" your home? It doesn't make sense at all. Just tell her that if she is coming to visit then she has to do the visiting and that you will not be visiting her hotel room. If this was my Mom or Mother in law and she had a problem with that then I personally would just tell her not to come at all, nicely. I don't know why Mom's get all crazy when their kids have babies. I remember my MIL wanting to keep Reno overnight as soon as she was born so Peter and I could get some sleep when we were sleeping just fine.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:12 pm 

JENNA wrote:
No offense but your Mom is just being plain weird and crazy!

THANK YOU! My mom is really sweet and nice, but sometimes she's just out there. I kind of thought I shut her down enough with my poorly hidden disdain and flat out rejection of her sleepover idea but apparently not.

I already wrote her back and said I'm not interested in hanging out at the hotel. I know she thinks she's offering something helpful. I'm just not sure why she thinks it would be.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:20 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Yeah, she probably thinks you'll be feeling cooped up at home and looking for a change of scenery. Maybe Felix could go for a visit at the hotel while you stay home with the baby for a few hours?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:36 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Hey, Pinko is two weeks out from her due date tomorrow. Thinking good thoughts!! When she comes back I want to hear the good, the bad and the ugly.

For a looooong time, my ONLY daydream was of going to a salon by myself. When I finally did manage it, I was like, do whatever you want to my hair, just don't scream at me, vomit on me, or gnaw on my boobs. - coldandsleepy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:00 pm 
Dead by dawn

Pumpkin wrote:
Hey, Pinko is two weeks out from her due date tomorrow. Thinking good thoughts!! When she comes back I want to hear the good, the bad and the ugly.

She had her baby yesterday! There's a thread titled Baby Pinko!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:40 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Oh how I have missed this thread... and lookit the cute belleh's! I love them! You ladies are beautiful!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:27 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

So I just found out this morning that our insurance plan changed and now our midwives are only going to be covered at medicare rates, which means we'll have to pretty much pay for everything out of pocket if I stay with them. They were out-of-network to begin with but a good amount was going to be covered up until this change. And I was just carrying on yesterday how I was not too worried about giving birth because I was comfortable with the midwives and the birthing center we are using. Ugh. Now I'm super stressed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:45 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Sashi - I'm sorry to hear that. Hugs to you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:13 am 

Sorry, Sashi. Military insurance is apparently just medicare with a different name. There's been a couple times I thought I was going to have pay out of pocket and rather narrowly avoided it. You've got my sympathy!

39 wks today. Husband's night shift is over. It would no longer be the end of the world if I went into labor. But, ya know, if he can wait until my FIL gets into town Sunday night to watch over Felix that would be AWESOME.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:45 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

How are you feeling, isybb? Any prelabor signs?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:51 pm 

I'm doing pretty well. A lot of very mild cramps and general pelvic discomfort. Last time I went into labor very suddenly, so I'm kind of on edge worried that that's how it will happen again.

For the past week or so Felix and I have just been watching loops of Thomas the Tank, Kipper the Dog, and Pingu on Netflix Watch Instantly. He's getting pretty bored and stir crazy. Thankfully, my FIL will be here to help out in a few days. He's gonna be able to give Felix some real attention and activity.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:03 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Thank you for mentioning Pingu; I added it to our queue and Dax has been cracking up at it! Sending you good labor vibes......

I am getting really antsy about our big 20 week ultrasound. I can't wait to find out what we're having in 6 weeks! Gawd, 6 more weeks. At least I have another appointment between now and then?
Also, we've been going to the indoor pool and I had to buy a maternity suit already. I've only gained 5 or so pounds, but it is allllllll boobs and belly.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:10 pm 

Kiddo wrote:
Thank you for mentioning Pingu; I added it to our queue and Dax has been cracking up at it!

Ha! That's awesome. I'm sad they only have 3 episodes available. I get kind of sick of it, but I've never see Felix so responsive to a show.

Thanks for the labor vibes. My FIL is here now so I'm ready to just get this over with.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7737 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 310  Next