| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7472 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185 ... 299  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:32 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

[quote="equus"It's crazy to me how you can be feeling like total crepe and puking every half hour, but the baby stays healthy and safe. There just are not many things more impressive than the pregnant body, if you think about it. (And I'm feeling much better today, thankfully.)[/quote]
Agreed! Glad you recovered quickly!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:03 pm 
Semen Strong

So happy you're feeling better equus!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:50 am 
Semen Strong

Audrey, are you still looking for doulas and birth opptions? If anyone in NY/Northern NJ is interested, my very beloved doulas are participating.

If you want to find out about your labor and birth options come to our Meet the Doulas Night on March 20th from 6:30 to 8:30PM at Jersey CIty Medical Center. Registration is required, please visit our Meet the Doulas Night Event page for more information on how to register. The doulas attending serve most NJ and some Manhattan hospitals not just Hudson County. Share with anyone who may be interested.

Event page: http://www.facebook.com/events/372360109455672/

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:06 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

thanks Tofulish! I am actually thrilled with my doula and maybe (ooh I hate to jinx it) found another midwife/hospital situation...they have to review the record for my last birth to see if they want to handle my VBAC. I am really curious about what they will say.
re: doulas, my group is called Birth Right Now and if anyone in the NY or Northern NJ area is interested, they are terrific (and very very experienced.) In fact, I'm going to be trying to drum up support for them because they recently got the bad news that they're going to have to change their name because some "pregnancy counseling" group (i.e. pro-lifers) has a similar name trademarked. That really sucks for them.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:24 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so happy for you! I really hope you get the kind of midwife/hospital support that lets you have a very easy and successful VBAC.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:07 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Omg the crippling crushing exhaustion. I have been passing out at 7pm every evening and dragging myself out of bed at 7am every morning.

Also, sooooo hungry all the time.

That is all.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:03 pm 
Inflexitarian

So this isn't really a pregnancy update...but since I have been pregnant and have now experienced morning sickness in all its glory, the innumerable and very strange aches and pains that have come along, the emotional upheaval, etc...can I just say that I find it flabbergasting that there are women out there who are willing to be surrogates? or who have an unwanted pregnancy and choose to carry the baby and have another family adopt it? ( and I mean flabbergasting in a good way - those women are heroes in my book ;) Just a thought I have been having near daily recently.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:04 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

ack guys I only have 10 more weeks!! It has gone somewhat faster this time around. Today I feel weird though, like my belly is tight as a drum and kinda sore. Other than that, I am guzzling this special Mama's Brew Raspberry Tea (has nettle and alfalfa in it too) and spending at least 2 hours a day on my exercise ball because at home, my couch is sorta losing its comfort - like I need a crane to get myself up off it if I've been reclining (we have one of those sectionals with the chaise lounge thing.)
oh also, we still have not decided on a name. I made a huge list and Howard said "maybe" to like 5 of them, which is fine, but I'm feeling really indecisive and am sorta thinking I'll just wait til she's born!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:32 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

After Freya, I'm a big fan of waiting til after babies come, to name them. We both had names that we loved that just didn't fit her. Also glad that we didn't end up with Amelia, which I really like as we found out at the registry office that it was tied for the fifth most popular name in our county. Having been one of a plethora of jennifers my whole life, I wanted something more unique for the bean.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:47 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Had a maternity checkup yesterday. Still lots and lots of movement, gained a good amount of weight, no nausea, all my tests are good. But baby is measuring a little small, so I'm to go for another ultrasound, just to check on how baby's growing. My doctor doesn't seem too concerned though, as I'm quite small myself, and didn't gain tons with my last pregnancy. He said to book the U/S appt within three weeks, and see him again within four, so it seems that it's not urgent, which is great. (And my intuition has not been telling me anything is wrong, and I'm feeling pretty good.) Bonus - no one knows the sex yet, so we're going to see if the sonographer will find out for us and put it on the report (at this clinic, they're not allowed to tell the patient, but can have it put on the report for your doctor to tell you). Then we might know, and nobody knows we're potentially finding out, which is so fun. :) We like surprises, but we wouldn't mind knowing this time - but we don't want others to know in advance, as we are hoping to avoid endless pink things should it be a girl. Hee.

So that was long, but basically, all is well. Hurrah!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:06 pm 
Chip Strong

I'm 20 weeks today. I can't believe I'm halfway there. Baby is kicking around and happy.

http://toocheapforpinenuts.wordpress.com/

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:48 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I'm feeling annoyed because i feel like my husband is kind of annoyed with me. He keeps huffing and puffing kind of indirectly about household chores and me not doing stuff. He came right out and said he was mad that i went to bed and left him the kitchen to clean up when he was out late running ( meaning i MADE dinner, fed the kid, put her to bed, left out dinner for him, and collapsed at 8pm)... The "deal" is that i cook and he cleans, but somehow he regards me being asleep while he washes dishes as some great injustice. I really have been capable of a lot less these days... but i feel like he doesn't believe me or doesn't remember what it was like last time. And this time I'm older, have a two year old and a busier job.
I already feel like an idiot at work cause I'm so freaking delicate... I'm always nauseous or exhausted or under the weather... I just want someone to be sympathetic who knows what I'm going through. And of all people, that should be the freaking father of my children, right?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:03 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Hey, I'm sympathetic even if he's not! It's hard enough to take care of yourself and your kid when you're pregnant again, much less stay awake while someone else does chores. (Just typing that last part made me feel sleepy.)

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:06 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

Oh my god, you guys. I'm starting to look pregnant FOR REAL.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:11 pm 
Semen Strong

You look so cute! Yay!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:40 am 

littlebird wrote:
The "deal" is that i cook and he cleans, but somehow he regards me being asleep while he washes dishes as some great injustice.

This is the deal in my house too, and my partner has the exact same bad attitude lately! In my first trimester, he was so irritated with me for going to bed at 8:00—or, God forbid, just being TIRED. Now, I generally have more energy, but last night I really wanted to go to bed early (EARLY-early), and he huffed and pouted so much I ended up staying up way too late!

The most frustrating thing for me is that I can't seem to get him to explain what it is about my being asleep that bothers him so much! So yeah, littlebird, I feel you.

I have this radical notion to just GO TO BED whenever my work is done and I feel tired, and just deal with my partner's grumpiness. I'm GROWING A HUMAN here, after all!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:12 am 
Naked Under Apron

Wow -- my husband loves it when I go to bed early (I'm not pregnant yet, but I sometimes fall asleep trying to get the kids to go to sleep) because that means he gets uninterrupted time to himself. I'm in charge of all the cooking, nearly all of the cleaning, and most of the childminding.

I don't know what I would do if my husband was grumpy about me sleeping a lot -- I felt as if I'd been drugged when I was pregnant (it is the only time I don't have insomnia and wake in the middle of the night).

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:45 pm 
Saggy Butt

Well, I had quite a scare this weekend. On Friday when I got home from work, I started bleeding. It was basically a big gush and then it stopped. So I spent Friday night and most of yesterday in the hospital. Everything seems to be okay. The twins look fine and have been very active. My cervix is long and closed. They think it was a partial placenta previa. I have to stay off my feet the next few days. I just really hope this doesn't lead to full-time bed rest. I have such a long way to go still!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:38 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

ShannonLea wrote:
Well, I had quite a scare this weekend. On Friday when I got home from work, I started bleeding. It was basically a big gush and then it stopped. So I spent Friday night and most of yesterday in the hospital. Everything seems to be okay. The twins look fine and have been very active. My cervix is long and closed. They think it was a partial placenta previa. I have to stay off my feet the next few days. I just really hope this doesn't lead to full-time bed rest. I have such a long way to go still!

Oh, gosh! That does sound scary. Glad the checkup went okay. Good luck with the relaxing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:04 am 

Oh ShannonLea! Thank goodness you and the fetii are doing well. Good luck with the resting and I hope you rest exactly as much as you need, and no more :).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:23 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Yikes, sounds like quite the scare. Glad to hear everyone is healthy! Hope you're back on your feet soon!
(A friend of my aunt's just had twins last week @ 36 weeks and they were 5# and 5# 5oz. Fingers crossed you go even longer and have big, healthy babies too!)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:25 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I hope everything turns out ok, ShannonLea.

My fetus has hiccups right now! How can I study for an exam when I have a little fetus hiccuping inside me?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:02 am 

According to my pregnancy book, my fetus has gained the ability to pee inside me this week. That is .so. disgusting. As I pointed out to my sweetheart, he would never let me pee inside him, and we know each other. I don't even know this person yet and it is peeing inside me!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:54 am 
And you never will.

The peeing inside me thing never really bothered me. I mean, there are a lot more gross things about pregnancy than that. Besides, you don't have to deal with the pee right now. Just wait until it's all pee, all poo, all the time (and all over you).

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:59 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Gotta agree with you poopie. And even more disgusting is that you no longer care about pee or poop. Grey's diaper leaked a tiny bit on the bed (pee) and I said whatever, it's just a little. You will all judge me now until your baby is on the outside and you just changed your sheets yesterday.

Reply to topic  [ 7472 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 179, 180, 181, 182, 183, 184, 185 ... 299  Next