| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217 ... 311  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:50 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I was 1cm 50% effaced on Wednesday. I want to get to 3cm soon. Hopefully! I'm due tomorrow...

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ Mama To Feingold Kids

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:54 am 
Semen Strong

Good luck! I hope you have a quick and easy labor and a happy healthy baby!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:37 am 
Bathes in Braggs

my midwives are really not pro-cervical checks anyway... they say that the amount of info they get from them is not worth the chance of introducing germs. i had one or two during my last labour, just because i wanted to have number, you know? but i nearly kicked the midwife in the face when she tried to actually feel my cervix and so we never bothered. somehow i managed to have a baby without ever knowing how dilated i was at 2am.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:51 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

The retest of my AFP test came back normal and the high risk doctor couldn't tell me why the first one came back bad. The ultrasound was normal also so no signs of neural tube defects. However, baby wasn't in the right position to see everything they wanted and after the tech bounced the ultrasound wand on my stomach a million times to try to get the baby to turn around, she gave up and told me I needed to come back to try again. However the doc emphasized that I only needed to come back so they could complete a full scan and not because they are concerned about any problems. So I'll be back for another ultrasound in two weeks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:05 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

That's stressful, but at least it sounds like you have nothing to worry about!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:53 pm 

Yeah, I panicked a little when I first found out the AFP test was high risk for neural tube defects, but I stayed positive and did some research. I realized there was no point in freaking out until we had more answers. It was a long week between the two test results.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:39 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Well after about 5ish days of the Prilosec I was starting to feel a lot better and was pretty psyched about that. That’s all a distant memory at the moment though as for no apparent reason I threw up this morning. there was nothing in my stomach to throw up so I was just puking up stomach bile for like 3mins straight. The only thing I can think of is previously I was taking all my regular vitamins in the morning and my prenatal vitamin and my cymbalta after dinner so I would have food in my stomach. I was suspicious one of the two or both were causing part of my nausea. Yesterday and this morning I was feeling so much better I took all my pills at once this morning on an empty stomach. Half hour later I was puking up stomach goo.
I have no idea if it was related to the pills or not but I sure aint gonna do that again.
Initially after I threw up I felt really good but now that im at work I feel shaky and bleh and super tired and my stomach is really queasy. I had already called out sick Monday so I kinda feel like im stuck here today. Im just praying I wont throw up here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:17 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

i was never able to take prenatals consistently (any kind). i forced myself a bit with my first pregnancy, but with this one, it usually seemed more important to be functioning and not puking than to get a super dose of vitamins. taking prenatals is such an accepted part of being pregnant that i felt more than a little scandalous not really bothering. i think i downed maybe 5 this whole time? i had relatively little nausea otherwise, but within 15 min of taking ANY prenatal, no matter what combination of food or not food i had before, i'd be in the bathroom puking.

i took extra folic acid, a children's chewable, and a dose of floradix instead (although, again, i was pretty bad about being consistent). but i also was able to eat pretty well other than a few bad days of heartburn here and there, and i seem to be growing a big, healthy baby, so i'm guessing i'm ok.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:39 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

that's an interesting point about the vitamins. i mean i understand the point of taking them but now im wondering if they make EVERYONE take them to make sure even the people with the worst diet have the right nutrients in them.

ive been taking them thinking "geez im so glad i have these prenatal vitamins since my diet is complete shiitake right now since i feel so ill" but im wondering now if the vitamins are part of the problem.

the only other time ive taken a mega dose of a vitamin is a few years ago when the vitamin D craze started. my Dr put me on the megadose of 50000 IU once a week and it gave me horrible migraines.

those of us with healthy vegan diets with a big variety of what vegs we eat probably have a leg up on a lot of people.
im going to continue to take mine as i seem to have found a good routine as long as i actually stick to it. (ie take it with a full stomach). today im feeling so much better again. yesterday was just a shiitake day but i think im back on track and hopefully now that im exactly 13 weeks im heading over the nausea hump.

fingers crossed!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:24 pm 
Nailed to the V

Prenatals made me super ill too, so I stopped taking mine. I wound up having to start taking an iron pill at a certain point because I became mildly anemic, but that's my own fault for not making sure I ate my iron foods. Once I found out about the anemia, I loaded up on oatmeal, prune juice, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:21 am 
Bathes in Braggs

i'm feeling pretty low and worn out this morning. i started having contractions around 5 pm last night and they went on for a couple hours, every 10 min or so. we started getting amped up and ready for something to happen... mr. bird had a little bag packed for tzipi, we started some laundry, everything was picked up. i took a shower and breathed through some contractions in the bathroom.

and then, they stopped.

by 10, there was nothing except i was exhausted and my muscles felt a little sore. i couldn't sleep a wink last night, except to have a dream that everyone was having babies but me. i also dreamt i lost my mucous plug.

on the positive side, i guess it means i get to have coffee with a good friend who is visiting from out of town, and i'll probably be able to finish tzipi's halloween costume.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:29 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Moi aussi! I'm exhausted! I was up all night, crampy and contracting. Finally closed eyes around 4:30am, only to be woken up at 6:45 by more crampiness and being so uncomfortable that I had to breathe loudly through the contractions. It's now 8:30am and nada. Ugh!

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:07 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Oh, good luck you two! Ppk babies with the same birthday would be super cool btw! Hopefully you don't end up like Leela and Freya, due the same day, born 24 days apart!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:08 am 

Oh, good luck you two! Ppk babies with the same birthday would be super cool btw! Hopefully you don't end up like Leela and Freya, due the same day, born 24 days apart!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:23 am 
Semen Strong

Dueling fetuses! So fun!

And OMG, I always tell people that about Leela and Freya when there is talk about due dates. Babies come when they are cooked and ready. It is particularly funny bc we are about the same age with similar medical histories.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:04 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I'm part of 2 mama groups on Facebook and all but 3 of us have given birth for October. I think Elijah is wanting to be last or something lol (and he was due the 21st)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:21 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Awww LB, hang in there buddy. I had a lot of that stop-start stuff with the Magician and it was such a morale killer. (What's Tzippi being for Halloween?)

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:10 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

coldandsleepy wrote:
Awww LB, hang in there buddy. I had a lot of that stop-start stuff with the Magician and it was such a morale killer. (What's Tzippi being for Halloween?)

i'm making her a totoro costume. it's about 3/4 finished... just need to make the hood and do the finishing touches. for halloween day while she's at daycare, she's being a ballerina, since it's just tights and a white shirt and her tutu.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:58 pm 
Married to the wolfman

littlebird wrote:
i'm making her a totoro costume.

That is stone cold awesome.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:08 am 

We found out yesterday that we are having a girl!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:24 am 
Semen Strong

Congratulations!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:46 pm 

Congrats bio-d!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:58 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

congrats! so exciting.

and now, time for me to bisque. I AM SO UNCOMFORTABLE. UGH. I HATE MY LIFE.

this darn baby better get out soon. so done.

the end.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:00 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

i would be fine, you know, except for the 2 or 3 hours of delightful false labour i'm having every other day, and the fact that it feels like new bb is taking a machete to my cervix on the days i'm not having contractions.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:47 pm 

Ugh. That sucks lb. Here's hoping you can get at least some rest and that baby comes soon. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7765 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216, 217 ... 311  Next