| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241 ... 310  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:09 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Congrats Helbury! Hope things get easier for you soon. Looking forward to Lydia + babies pics!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:56 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Congrats annamal and helbury!

Helbury, I feel for you. I had to feed, then pump, and then there was making and cleaning bottles. Those first few weeks were pretty rough, and I didn't even have another child to take care of. I can't wait to see photos!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:43 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

So many babies! Congrats anamal! Congrats x2 helbury!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:41 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Just curious….when did people start feeling BH contractions for their first pregnancy?

The interwebs say you can start feeling them anytime after 20 weeks and obviously sooner and much stronger for 2nd, 3rd, etc pregnancies. Im 32 weeks today and haven’t had one that I know of yet.

Im not worried about it im just curious.

Ive been having really severe back pain related to my sacrum because I already had a wonky sacrum before I got pregnant so now that im pregnant it’s just like I GIVE UP. I wonder if the pain from that is masking any mild discomfort anywhere else.

Today my whole pelvis area just feels sore but no tightness in the uterus or anything.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:04 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

LisaPunk wrote:
Just curious….when did people start feeling BH contractions for their first pregnancy?

I felt mine before 20 weeks. 18 weeks, maybe? They didn't hurt at all, just a tightening/hardening of my uterus for a short bit. Not sure when I started feeling them this time around (20+ weeks, though), but they are so hardcore this time and they can really hurt, although not always. And they seem to last a little longer.

I'd guess you are probably having them and just not noticing them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:24 am 
Semen Strong

I had BH contractions, but didn't really "feel" them. At one point I was in my midwife's office getting an exam and she could feel it (by touching my belly and feeling the uterus harden) but I didn't.

For your backpain, I can highly recommend doing yoga stretches on the wall.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:48 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I don't remember feeling them in my first pregnancy until the last week or two. Now I'm definitely getting them and its not fun. Mostly when I'm walking a bunch, or carrying Ada (its really hard to say no to that little face when she wants to be picked up or carried), or haven't drank a ton of water. I would say I started noticing them in the last couple of weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:22 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

funnily enough i was standing in the kitchen heating up my lunch and i felt like a real slight cramp in my abdomen. it was mainly on the left side rather than my entire abdomen and i was like "oh is that what that is?!?!?"

still coulda been just a cramp

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:44 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I think I didn't feel them till the third trimester and I generally only felt them when walking a long distance (like for exercise).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:30 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i think i should just stop reading the app i have on my phone's weekly updates about supposedly what is supposed to be happening to my body. so far none of it has been true. i should have lost sight of my feet weeks ago according to the app and yet i can still bend over and touch them.
the BH contractions are probably happening and i just dont notice them.

silly technology.

i have a dr's appt tomorrow i wonder if they will be able to tell where the baby's head is. they couldnt tell last time.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:52 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I believe BH contractions start almost right away during pregnancy just not everyone feels them. I felt 2 BH contractions when I was pregnant with Reno. I remember where I was when I had them and everything! With Miles I had them almost daily and it was very annoying.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:40 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

had my follow up ultrasound yesterday. My placenta is far enough away from my cervix to allow natural childbirth - yea! The tech said the baby was around 4 pounds. I asked how accurate weight estimates are at this point and she just laughed and said "not very accurate" She then said she goes more by small/average/big at this point, and said she thinks my baby will be in the average range. Everything else looked good.

In other news, all I want to do is eat snacks and lounge on the couch. No desire to work out or nest or anything. I need to work on that.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:23 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Yay for migrating placentae!

Work out...pah.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:51 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

yay chiveggie!!

i dont have any desire to nest or do anything other than flop on the couch either. normally im super anal and like things neat and clean but i had to pretty much force myself to do some nesting the other weekend.

i bought a prenatal yoga dvd a long time ago and i havent done it since the first trimester since ive been sick/tired/in pain/unmotivated.

flopping on the couch is good stuff!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:35 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

LisaPunk wrote:
i dont have any desire to nest or do anything other than flop on the couch either. normally im super anal and like things neat and clean but i had to pretty much force myself to do some nesting the other weekend.

i bought a prenatal yoga dvd a long time ago and i havent done it since the first trimester since ive been sick/tired/in pain/unmotivated.

flopping on the couch is good stuff!

You guys are so funny! I don't have a couch to flop on, but I do sleep 10-11 hours a night (and I hate it! but I can't stop myself!). I've been trying to get a lot of knitting done and I did finally finish this one cropped sweater and frogged another that was almost finished (I'm really picky because I've found if I don't 100% like something I've knit, I never wear it) and am knitting a different sweater, but sometimes I just get so tired and want to lie down or just sit and have a cup of tea or zone out. I had to force myself to do homeschooling today and still have to drag my asparagus into the kitchen to make dinner.

I've been exercising like a mo-fo, though. I try to do at least 40 minutes a day, although there is often one day a week where, for some reason, I don't get around to it. And if I exercycle, sometimes my asparagus can only stand 30 minutes. ;p I was thinking of writing up a big review of the prenatal exercise DVDs and youtube videos I've checked out and posting it here (some of them are SO good and some of them are horrible or just useless (Shiva Rea, I'm talking to you)), but if I'm the only exercise junkie here, maybe I should post it in the exercise forums! ;D

I totally didn't have nesting urges with my first two pregnancies (and pretty much didn't clean at all and I was too busy shiitakeing and barfing during my second pregnancy to do much of anything), but between then and this pregnancy, I randomly turned from a clutter bug into a clean freak (and 8 months after turning into a clean freak, I turned into an exercise junkie -- who am I?!!). So I've been cleaning a lot, but I don't think it counts as nesting. I knew a girl who said every time her sister got pregnant, at about 38 weeks, she'd start scrubbing her kitchen floors like a crazy person! I'm hoping that will happen to me! I already have a spring cleaning plan for when the weather gets nicer (it's really cold in my house and we only heat two of the rooms, so I'm saving things like carpet shampooing and wiping down the baseboards and other moldings and re-caulking the windows for when the entire house is an okay temperature) -- I'm lucky our next apartment inspection isn't until a few weeks before I'm due (they are usually quarterly).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:50 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

TCC i think if you posted reviews of prenatal exercise stuff here people would appreciate it. i know before i started feeling vomitous and in pain all the time i was very confused about what i should get and/or do.

i actually ended up with a Shiva Rae dvd hahahahahaa.
i dont mind the exercise part of it and the stretches felt good like 5 months ago but i do see what people say about how it's a bit much. i just tuned that out. but again havent played it in months.

have been trying to walk more because it helps with the busted sacrum but the weather is not cooperating at all. it keeps pouring snow. right now it's just like a blizzard outside and my Dr appt this morning got canceled and it took me an hour and a half to get to work instead of 15 mins. yuck.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:26 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

LisaPunk wrote:
TCC i think if you posted reviews of prenatal exercise stuff here people would appreciate it. i know before i started feeling vomitous and in pain all the time i was very confused about what i should get and/or do.

i actually ended up with a Shiva Rae dvd hahahahahaa.
i dont mind the exercise part of it and the stretches felt good like 5 months ago but i do see what people say about how it's a bit much. i just tuned that out. but again havent played it in months.

have been trying to walk more because it helps with the busted sacrum but the weather is not cooperating at all. it keeps pouring snow. right now it's just like a blizzard outside and my Dr appt this morning got canceled and it took me an hour and a half to get to work instead of 15 mins. yuck.

I saw a non-pregnancy Shiva Rea yoga programme and it seemed okay, but I thought her pregnancy one was so dull and boring. Downward dog with a chair was more 90-degree-angle dog and I didn't feel like i was getting a stretch on or anything. I would recommend her prenatal yoga DVD to people unfamiliar with yoga and to people who are not in great shape, but for experienced yogis and people even in reasonably good shape, you can do so much more. Her floorwork section was okay, but before I found a better programme, I was doing her first trimester moves well into my second trimester (and could still do them now).
I"ll do a full write-up of what I like and don't like, but for now, this is my favourite prenatal yoga programme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCSFobwvQTg
It's on the easy side, but it feels so good and the lady's voice is so lovely and the girl doing the moves looks so lovely and the whole thing just seems so well done.

I never exercised (other than walking) during my other pregnancies, so I didn't know how much you can do and there is so much conflicting information. I've found it's best to go with your instincts about what you can do and to not over-exert yourself (i.e. they say to shoot for no more than 80% of your max heart rate during cardio; there are tables you can look up on-line that have the recommended BPM ranges). I also found even the easier exercise programmes get harder as your pregnancy progresses. I used to breeze through my 10 Minute Solution Prenatal Pilates (IMO, the best preggo exercise DVD I've watched), but now some of it is much more of a work out.

I heard you couldn't do downward dog or plank-type stuff while pregnant and while I wouldn't recommend hanging out in plank for ages, you can totally do plank and downward dog as long as it feels okay doing it. My best friend from college is a doctor and she said the recommendations against inverted poses are pretty much so you don't fall on your bump and she basically said to avoid headstands and anything that 'felt wrong.'

Gotta cut this short -- dinner time!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:36 pm 
Semen Strong

The post-natal Shiva Rea DVD was so useless. Its about 45 mins of light stretching. The warm up has you do Kegels for 5 mins so yeah. But it has an hour long baby massage video that is really good, which is the only reason I didn't return it.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:09 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

they sent us home from work early today cause the weather was getting so bad so i revisited the yoga dvd finally. you're right it is very beginner. i like the first chunk of it. the pelvic rolls and that stuff. i like the stuff aimed at your pelvis and back. it felt good to do those.

but then damn so many side stretches!!! i got bored and started fast forwarding. the girl in her 3 trimester wasnt allowed to do ANYTHING. in the 3rd part i think they are doing a forward bend and they make her stand there and hold the back of the chair for support. cause you never know when you might fall down from standing!!

i think i might just bust out my regular yoga dvd i like and do that one with modifications if necessary.

that and the shiva rae one feels sooooooo long

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:43 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

This one, y'all! It's 28 minutes and free, although you have to watch a commercial first: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCSFobwvQTg
The narrator lady's voice is like butter extra virgin olive oil. It starts off slow, but it really nice.

I've done stuff from my regular yoga DVDs, too. I just skipped the lying-on-the-stomach bits.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:57 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

LisaPunk wrote:
the girl in her 3 trimester wasnt allowed to do ANYTHING.

Seriously!
It is one thing if you're severely incapacitated during your pregnancy, but I can still do a lot of the things I could before I got pregnant. Like, the second trimester girl in the Shiva Rea DVD had to use a strap during the floor stretching instead of just grabbing her feet. I mean -- tmi time -- I haven't seen my vagina in about a week and a half, but I can still grab each foot when I'm leaning forward and doing those floorwork hamstring stretches (I don't know what they're called, but, you know, when you lean toward your straight leg). But according to the Shiva Rea DVD, I should just be holding a chair or something. "If you're in the third trimester, just look at your foot instead."

How did you like her guided relaxation section where they all lay down with blankets? ;D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:54 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
LisaPunk wrote:
the girl in her 3 trimester wasnt allowed to do ANYTHING.

"If you're in the third trimester, just look at your foot instead."

How did you like her guided relaxation section where they all lay down with blankets? ;D

ahahahahaha!!!! now that's some exercise i could get into!!

i actually didnt bother doing the relaxation. i dont relax well which is why i had so many issues with our Hypnobirthing class so i usually skip the relaxation parts of yoga unless im in an actual class. i know that's counter productive but what can i say.

scuse me i need to go hold onto a chair and look at my toes. SAFETY FIRST PEOPLE

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:33 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

ahhhhhhhhh

my whole pelvis just aches really bad.
is this over yet?

bleeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:18 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

If I don't sit up absolutely straight, my boobs rest on my bump, which I hate. It just feels...yucky.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:43 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

LisaPunk wrote:
my whole pelvis just aches really bad.

Have you tried doing any stretches or exercise to help? My sacrum gets kind of stiff/sore/clicky and I've found that certain exercises/stretches really help. My hip joints get sore and cramp, too, and hip-opening stretches really help. Not necessarily for long in either case, but they do make a big difference.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7734 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 235, 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241 ... 310  Next