| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7751 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242 ... 311  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:16 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

The funny thing is a lot of my pain seems to be related to my wonky sacrum so last week I googled sacrum pain or sacrum stretches or something and found some stretches to alleviate sacrum pain during pregnancy. One was the cat/cow yoga move which was easy enough. Then another one you lay on your back and bend your knees and I think you rock your knees side to side. (I think that’s what it was). I couldn’t get up off the floor after that I was in so much pain.
So I stopped doing that ;-)

Ive been to the chiro every week for the past few months. That helps. Except he’s going on vacation for 10 days. WAAAHHHH!!!! I told him I was going to be completely crippled by the time he gets back.

Today I seem to be having pelvic girdle aches and pains. It’s the second time it’s happened. My whole pelvis just aches, like the bones and ligaments ache. It literally feels like something inside is pushing both my hips outward which is probably exactly what’s happening!

There is no side for me to sleep on left that is pain free! Booo!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:45 am 
Saggy Butt

I'm pregnant again! Sven is only 14 months so it's a little sooner than we expected (we were aiming for 2 years apart), but we're thrilled. It just hasn't fully sunk in yet. I'll be due in the middle of November. I really needed to tell someone so I'm telling the whole vegan internet, obviously.

LisaPunk, sorry to hear about your pain! The end of pregnancy is roooough. Have you tried a sacroiliac belt? I found it helped somewhat with the pain and stabilizing my hips. I bought mine from my chiro so yours might be able to recommend one.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:57 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

ahhhhhh big huge congrats mandycoot!!!!

i havent heard of a belt until today where i kept reading about pelvic support belts online. my sacro-iliac area is where all my issues are so it will be worth investigating!

im gonna go for a walk now and see if that helps.

CONGRATS AGAIN!!!! woot woot!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:17 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Congratulations Mandycoot!

Sorry to hear your Pelvic pain is getting worse :( I hope maybe one of those SI belts would help you!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:43 pm 
***LIES!!!***

congrats mandycoot! Looks like we'll have two new babies in November - yours and tank's!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:47 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Congrats Mandy!

Lisa, I have one of those pelvic belt things which I did find somewhat helpful. I'll mail it to you if you want... I'm not using it again! (it's this guy: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000IIAQNU/)

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:53 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Ahh! Congrats mandycoot! And I missed tank's announcement?! Yay, round 2!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:31 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Congrats mandycoot!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:46 pm 

Congrats mandycoot and tank!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:29 pm 
Semen Strong

Wow! Congratulations Tank and mandycoot! How exciting!

I can't believe that we had our babies at around the same time and you're going for number 2! How time flies! And HURRAH for more November babies!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:15 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i totally missed tank's announcement! congrats tank!!!!!

coldandsleepy you are so sweet but you already sent me a huge box of free stuff!
i feel like such a mooch!

im actually feeling better pelvis-wise today. my sacrum is still busted but i dont think that's gonna get better til after delivery!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:15 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Congratulations mandycoot and tank! So exciting!

LP, have you tried any swimming or water exercises? Here it's very recommended both for pregnancy and hip-pelvis issues, especially if you can find a warm water pool. I didn't do any special classes while pregnant but did swim almost every day right up til tw was born, and it definitely helped my lower back and sciatica.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:23 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i dont have a pool anywhere around me and it's also winter :-(

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:28 pm 

(they have indoor pools)

:p

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:50 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

Congratulations Tank and mandycoot!

Yesterday I had my "birth plan" appointment with my midwife. After hearing her explain the standard protocol, there was hardly anything left for me to request. I asked about a hep lock instead of IV. She said that if labor lasts a long time it is hard to stay hydrated, but there is no reason to even have a hep lock put in unless I start appearing dehydrated. She just said I would need to sign a waiver to opt out the Hep vaccine in the hospital, and eye goop. She also said she doesn't know why both are still standard procedures, and they don't seem to be as common anymore. She reminded that part of her job is to speak up for me, so to let her know if things seem rushed or if I am uncomfortable with anything. Midwife and doula all in one with a level 3 NICU down the hall just in case something unexpected happens. Also the hospital just approved water births! Not sure what the exact start date will be. The midwife said something about they might allow them starting on mother's day, so I might miss that option this time around, but excited that it is going to be an option at the regular hospital.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:40 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Woo-hoo chiveggie! Having an appt to go over your birth plan sounds awesome! I basically just foisted mine on my dr. (though she was TOTALLY fine discussing it and any questions I had)
Very unexciting 2 week appt today. BP back to normal (phew), heart rate for BabyPunk good. weight gain still normal/low (low as in I haven’t gained much not as in bad). She said she thinks the baby’s head is down but they will continue to monitor and if it becomes a question I will get an u/s later but for now it feels like it’s down. Im only 33 weeks now. She said she didn’t think I was growing a very large baby. lol. She said they will be doing the GBS swap soon but she wasn’t sure which week and after my next appt I probably start going weekly. Today was her last day. she is due tomorrow. I actually didn’t expect to see her again after my last appt but she was there this week.
We talked briefly about mood and depression and I told her im absolutely terrified of PPD since I feel like im probably at high risk for it. she told me one thing I could do is to go immediately back up to my full dosage of meds post partum (I weaned myself down to half the dosage) and she said it shouldn’t affect breastfeeding. She said it should be filtered out in the breast milk and the benefits of breastfeeding super outweighed any small chance of the medication being in the breastmilk.
Other than that im super excited because my best friend is due next Friday and she texted me yesterday after her dr appt and I guess she is 50% effaced. She has been having sciatica pain issues and her dr said she could go to a physical therapist to help with that but she didn’t think she would make it to the appt. so that sounds like the baby is imminent?!?!?!?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:42 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

...And I think I caught some kind of intestinal virus while at my most recent midwife visit. I know it's not food poisoning (let's just say I empty more efficiently when I get food poisoning) and I feel too crappy for it to just be preggo diarrhea. ;p It could be a lot worse, though!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:04 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

ohhh noooooo :-(
that sucks!!!!
i hope you start to feel better soon :-(

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:38 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

late to the party, but congratulations, Mandycoot! I'm sure Sven will be an amazing big brother!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:54 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Hi all,

I'm due with baby2 in mid-Sept. Baby1 is 2 1/2. Pregnancy while caring for a toddler is so much less relaxing, but I'm feeling way more human now that I've made my way to the 2nd trimester.
Does anyone have a good sub for tuna sandwiches? I'm having some wicked childhood comfort food cravings. No way I'm eating tuna (as some Omni friends have helpfully suggested...), but this is kind of making me crazy.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:06 pm 
Semen Strong

Congratulations!!!!

Does the chickpea tuna in Vegan with a Vengeance cut it for you? It does for me. This is pretty similar, just without the hijiki. http://www.thekitchn.com/vegetarian-lun ... f-t-114022

I also really love Ani Phyo's raw sunflower save-the-tuna pate . http://theveganmouse.blogspot.com/2009/ ... d-pat.html

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:43 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I do tempeh sandwiches. The recipe is in Vegan comfort Foods and it is the best vegan mayo type salad I have ever had. Authentic, but way better than tuna salad ever was.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:04 pm 

This is my go to...but I should warn you that I never liked tuna salad so my opinion may not be valid.

http://blog.fatfreevegan.com/2010/09/se ... salad.html

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:15 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

If it's a childhood memory thing, I'd say do the same seasonings and ingredients (besides fish, obvs) as the recipe you grew up with and just sub tempeh/chickpeas/whatever-sounds-good-to-you and a little something seaweed-y. All these recipes are good, but sometimes I want it to taste like the kind my mom made.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:32 pm 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

Tofulish wrote:
Congratulations!!!!

Does the chickpea tuna in Vegan with a Vengeance cut it for you? It does for me. This is pretty similar, just without the hijiki. http://www.thekitchn.com/vegetarian-lun ... f-t-114022

I also really love Ani Phyo's raw sunflower save-the-tuna pate . http://theveganmouse.blogspot.com/2009/ ... d-pat.html

Thanks! We're pretty stoked :)

It's crazy that I haven't tried the vwav recip. Although I am scared of sea vegetables (except nori in my sushi). I like the idea of using ume vinegar.
Ands thanks everyone for the recipes/ideas. I love straight up mashed chickpeas w/ vegenaise, mustard, pickle. Looks like I need to try adding some dulse, vinegar, or capers!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7751 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 236, 237, 238, 239, 240, 241, 242 ... 311  Next