| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246 ... 299  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:20 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

That would really annoy me pinko! Sorry you are dealing with that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:22 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

ah sorry Pinko and Bastah :-/

Bastah, sounds like you are *stressed*
ive definitely heard some people have crazy pregnancy dreams. i was lucky in that regard. i didnt have nightmares or weird dreams.
hopefully it stops soon.

Pinko, i dont blame you for being frustrated!! i would be too!!

It's just funny to think that we could go through years of this, become the president of the damn country, and still, we'd be eating pasta with veggies at every. damn. function.~~Joyfulgirl

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:28 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Bastah, do you have a prenatal appointment scheduled yet? Ugh, I remember the first trimester worrying.

And Pinko, that's really annoying.

The belly itching has started over here. This happened in my last pregnancy and nothing worked to make it stop. By the time I was at my due date my stomach was so covered in bumps and little scratches from me waking up and scratching it in the middle of the night. I think I better keep my nails constantly cut to avoid that this time.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:54 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Sorry Pinko and Bastah! It's so hard not to worry during the first trimester.

Sashi- my arms and legs got covered in a horrible itchy rash that kept me up all night scratching during the last few weeks, and the only thing that helped me was Benadryl cream. That stuff is awesome! I found tubes of it at Dollar Tree, which was miraculous because i went through so much of it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:59 pm 
Semen Strong

I had PPPP which was just so painful. My whole belly was tiger striped with rash and nothing helped until my midwife prescribed me Xyzal, which was amazing. Maybe worth a try!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:46 am 
Naked Under Apron

LisaPunk wrote:
I already told my husband im never eating again and it's water and air for me!

I tried eating less yesterday because I can't stand the sour stomach and I ended up in some kind of low blood sugar RAGE. I mean, the random inexplicable anger was unbelievable. And it went away as soon as I ate. I guess pregorexia just isn't for me. ;D

Why is it I can drink coffee and water and fake milks, but everything else makes my stomach sour? Oh, and I can eat plain lettuce without feeling bad. And apples* and peanut butter. *sigh*

*Husband came back from the grocery store last night. "I didn't get any apples!" *eyeroll*

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:09 am 
Married to the wolfman

Heh. I am prone to hypoglycemia in my day to day life (actually much LESS of a problem for me during pregnancy), and the key way that anyone can tell I've had a sugar drop is that I get massively belligerent. So my spouse and I have had countless conversations that go like this:

Him: I think your sugar's low.
Me: NO ITS NOT
Him: drink some almond milk
Me: NO AND YOU CANT MAKE ME. LEAVE ME ALONE. FALL DOWN A HILL. etc etc.

Anyway, sorry to all of you who are feeling crappy! The end of pregnancy was not something I personally enjoyed, so I empathize a lot!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:18 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

sashi wrote:
Bastah, do you have a prenatal appointment scheduled yet? Ugh, I remember the first trimester worrying.

Yep, a week from now. It's so so so hard to wait. Right now, we're expecting the worst, because yesterday, I was in so much pain that I was doubled over, screaming, and I couldn't move. That only lasted a minute or two, but within the hour, the spotting turned red. But then it did go back to brown. I feel like I don't have the same pregnancy symptoms that I had before.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:21 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

coldandsleepy wrote:
Heh. I am prone to hypoglycemia in my day to day life (actually much LESS of a problem for me during pregnancy), and the key way that anyone can tell I've had a sugar drop is that I get massively belligerent. So my spouse and I have had countless conversations that go like this:

Anyway, sorry to all of you who are feeling crappy! The end of pregnancy was not something I personally enjoyed, so I empathize a lot!

We refer to this as "hangry".

My best mom friend is pregnant with her second! She just told me and I am so excited for her!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:53 am 
Naked Under Apron

littlebear wrote:
coldandsleepy wrote:

We refer to this as "hangry".

OMG, I am totally using that word from now on. I LOVE it! I tend toward hypoglycemia anyway (Mr Crabby started making me pack emergency rations in my handbag many years ago after several, "I need to eat, crasshole!" incidences and a few incidences where he seriously was too cheap to let me buy food without being rude to me about it), and it must be genetic because even Beetroot gets hangry if we are out and about and he doesn't get enough to eat, but this preggo hangry rage is unbelievable.

OMG, HANGRY. I love it so much.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:32 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

coldandsleepy wrote:

C&S sometimes I swear we are the same person. this is me in normal life. I get violently bisque-y when my blood sugar is low. everyone in my fam knows it. my husband and I went to Acadia Natl Park once with I think we only had one of the dogs and we had no real plans for the day so we stopped somewhere with the idea to walk around for a bit. 16 miles later, up and down mountains with a crazy dog and with no food and like no water I almost murdered my husband.

now everytime we go away somewhere my mother takes my husband aside and is like "make sure you feed her" hahahahaaha
now everytime we go somewhere he's always like "you need to eat something you haven't eaten in awhile"
hehehehee

I don't think it has been as bad during pregnancy but it might just be I didn't notice cause I feel like shiitake all the time I think I might be perpetually in super bisque-y mode.

It's just funny to think that we could go through years of this, become the president of the damn country, and still, we'd be eating pasta with veggies at every. damn. function.~~Joyfulgirl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:41 am 
Bathes in Braggs

yep, we say, oooh, someone's got the hanger! *

usually my husband saying it, followed by me throwing something at his head. i get intense hanger and also like the complete inability to concentrate on anything. so i'm angry and i don't even remember why? it's kind of weird.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:21 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

bastah wrote:
sashi wrote:

Yep, a week from now. It's so so so hard to wait. Right now, we're expecting the worst, because yesterday, I was in so much pain that I was doubled over, screaming, and I couldn't move. That only lasted a minute or two, but within the hour, the spotting turned red. But then it did go back to brown. I feel like I don't have the same pregnancy symptoms that I had before.

That's so scary! I am thinking lots of good thoughts for you. I hope everything works out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:39 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

More good thoughts coming your way Bastah!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:54 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

littlebird wrote:
yep, we say, oooh, someone's got the hanger! *

usually my husband saying it, followed by me throwing something at his head. i get intense hanger and also like the complete inability to concentrate on anything. so i'm angry and i don't even remember why? it's kind of weird.

haha, yes! Same thing happens here. And usually after meals (go figure!) we say sorry and then wonder why we were angry in the first place :p

“I did not become a vegetarian for my health, I did it for the health of the chickens.”

I blog @ TheVeganHammock

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:10 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

honestly, it makes me wonder how pre-modern civilizations survived. like, i am utterly useless when i get hungry. i can't think or talk or do anything except collapse in a lump and hope someone will shovel food in my mouth. that's kind of a useless evolutionary tactic, isn't it? "omg, no food!" *collapse, wait for inevitable demise*

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:34 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I also got the hanger. I wonder if women are more prone to it then men? It was awful during my pregnancy and when I took the GTT it was obvious why - my post sugar blood glucose was in the 60s!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:15 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Lisa, I never responded to the gbs thing. I was also positive, but I couldn't take penicillin so I had to take a much more annoying antibiotic that took forever to get in and my water broke three days before I gave birth, so I wound up getting a LOT of antibiotics. I super duper highly recommend that you start taking probiotics now and keep taking them after birth. Being on antibiotics in labor doubles your risk for developing thrush and THRUSH SUCKS.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:24 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

oh really?
I did not know that. ill have to go look for some probiotics. funny thing is I just cleaned out my closet of drugs/vitamins and I dumped a bunch of probiotics but they were old and expired.

I hadn't thought of that but that is a great tip so thank you!
anything specific I should look for or just some run of the mill probiotics? the ones I dumped were generic ones. I think I actually bought them for my pets. hahaha

so it's official today. I am 37 weeks today. so that makes me "full term" yikes!
I made up a list of demands in my head last night for post partum (they are all totally unrealistic but they amuse me)

*I want to nap for 3 days to recover from being sick/in pain/grumpy for 9 months (hahaha yeah right)
*I want a big ol bottle of the blondest hair dye on the market
*I want to take a big giant regular pee. not one where it takes 5 mins to pee cause it comes out in a trickle or I feel like im gonna pee my pants and then pee a tablespoon but a big ol pee
*I also want to take a normal poop

it's the little things in life ;-)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:55 am 
***LIES!!!***

The pee you will get. The poop might take awhile.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:03 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

it's gonna be the greatest pee of my life! :-D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:05 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Oh yes, probiotics are a good idea. Ada and I got a small case of thrush after I was on antibiotics for the staph infection in my boob. Also, if you happen to get a yeast infection it can be passed to the baby when you give birth. I'm definitely taking probiotics this time around. I just get the acidophilus in the fridge section at my food coop.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:27 am 
Bathes in Braggs

you can dye your hair now, you know! i don't think there's much evidence that it's harmful. even if you decide you don't want to dye, go in for a nice cut. it'll get more complicated to go in after.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:37 am 
Married to the wolfman

Ariann wrote:
The pee you will get. The poop might take awhile.

Ha. This is exactly what I was going to post.

Are you still at work LP? Can't be much longer on that front right?

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:04 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

littlebird wrote:
you can dye your hair now, you know! i don't think there's much evidence that it's harmful. even if you decide you don't want to dye, go in for a nice cut. it'll get more complicated to go in after.

ive debated this a lot in my mind. my end decision was I waited so damn long I might as well stick it out til the end.
but yeah who knows when I will have a chance post-partum.

maybe I should grab a box now and just do it.

I did get my hair cut a couple weeks ago though! they cut off WAAAAAAY more than I wanted but in the end I figure that will be a good thing

Reply to topic  [ 7463 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 240, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246 ... 299  Next