| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252 ... 312  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:00 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

ok seriously you guys are making me feel like the amount that i have which i *thought* was a lot is actually pretty small!!!
im feeling better about it cause seriously it just really started over the weekend!

everyone on ppk has creamy pantaloons!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:53 am 
Chip Strong

Ha. Yes, I have been going through quite a bit of toilet paper over here too.

I am also feeling huge Crabby! All of the maternity shirts I have are already too short. My belly is just sticking straight out. Last night I had a record of 4 hours of sleep without waking up. Most nights it's every one or two hours. I get uncomfortable and need to roll over to my other side but by the time I do that I need to pee so then I have to get up.

We have not come up with any names yet. I suppose we should get on that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:00 am 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Ugh ppk friends there's a chance BabyPunk will be born today. I'm waiting for my husband to come pick me up. The dr is sending me to the hospital. The BPP test went fine this morning and we passed with flying colors but then I had protein in my urine & mildly elevated bp so that coupled with the small size of the baby is getting me sent to the hospital to be evaluated and possibly induced! Ahhhh I might have a baby today!!!! :-O
I'm actually super calm right now more than anything I'm annoyed I may get induced because it was the one thing I didn't want :-P

So think of me today! BabyPunk might be arriving a wee but early!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:04 am 
Semen Strong

Oh exciting! Thinking of you and BabyPunk!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:04 am 
Chip Strong

Eeeek! I'll be thinking of you! Good luck if you do get induced!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:45 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Eep! I'll be thinking of you, LisaPunk. I totally relate to not wanting an induction, but if it happens it'll be okay. Lots of people are induced and have the rest of their labors go smoothly and with minimal interventions.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:03 am 
And you never will.

Yes, good luck! I didn't want to be induced either, but I was (at 41 weeks). It doesn't have to be all bad or mean lots more interventions. I was able to avoid an epidural/pain killers, but please remember that every single birth is unique and it's okay if things don't go according to your plan. Roll with it and focus on the end result!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:09 am 

poopiebitch wrote:
...please remember that every single birth is unique and it's okay if things don't go according to your plan. Roll with it and focus on the end result!

Yes, this! I wasn't trying to make it sound like it was bad if things don't go according to your plan. I just know a lot of my own fear about being induced was that it'd be "over" before it really started, which isn't a good way to think about it. Just take things as they come and eyes on the prize!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:53 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Exciting! Best of luck!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:57 am 
Married to the wolfman

LP! Good luck! If you do get induced, I hope it goes well!

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:41 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

go LisaPunk! wishing you the best.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:37 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

sashi wrote:
Ha. Yes, I have been going through quite a bit of toilet paper over here too.

I am also feeling huge Crabby! All of the maternity shirts I have are already too short. My belly is just sticking straight out. Last night I had a record of 4 hours of sleep without waking up. Most nights it's every one or two hours. I get uncomfortable and need to roll over to my other side but by the time I do that I need to pee so then I have to get up.

We have not come up with any names yet. I suppose we should get on that.

I had a boy name (first and middle!) picked out before I knew the gender when I was kind of convinced it was going to be a girl! So even though I would have been thrilled to have a girl, I was happy to have a boy because I really love the name I picked out. Even my husband liked the name and didn't try to pull his usual, "we'll stick with that one for now, but maybe we'll come up with a better one...." line that he loves.

My maternity shirts are not quite too short yet (most of them, at least); my bump is round and wide (it stuck straight out with Beetroot) and I also have to roll from side to side all night (I keep waking up on my back -- when not pregnant I pretty much only sleep on my back -- and feel all stiff-hipped and my sacrum is usually achey from sleeping in that position) and have to pee a few times.

We had my placenta scan today and no placenta previa!!! My placenta is even anterior and it started out posterior -- it has been on a long journey! ;D The sonographer measured the baby and estimated it's weight was about 5lbs 4oz and that, unlike my two other babies, I am not going to have a small baby this time (probably an average-sized one, although her weight estimate puts it a little above average). I'm actually really excited about that and it explains why I have been feeling so huge with 6 weeks to go! I went to eat at a grocery store cafe after the appointment and the cashier couldn't believe I wasn't ready to pop, and -- for once -- everyone on the train was really nice to me today and people were offering me their seats left and right (usually, when I am pregnant I get pushed aside so others can grab the seats).

The boys were SO excited to see the scan that as soon as the baby appeared on the screen, they both jumped out of their seats to get a closer look. And after the scan, Beetroot said, "so is the baby here now?" and we were all laughing. "Uh, Beet, do you see a baby here?" (Later Reggie was talking about how the baby will come out of my "gagina buns.")
Then I saw one of the midwives for my wellness check and we booked my 37 week appointment (basically it's a final assessment to make sure I'm still healthy enough to get the green light to give birth at the birthing centre).

With all the walking to and from the train stations/to and from the birthing centre and grocery store, I walked about 3 miles today. Well, I waddled 3 miles. Phew -- I am beat! It was a long day (the whole she-bang took about 8 hours, but it was a pretty fun day over all).

Also, good luck LisaPunk!!! Keep us posted!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:09 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Good luck Lisapunk!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:14 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

oooh LisaPunk, good luck with whatever happens at the hospital, just think how amazing it will be to hold your little girl in your arms at last, and as others have said, all births are different, try not to focus too much on the induction part if you end up having to go down that road. Thinking of you!

Sashi and Crabby - I think we need more belly photos! : )

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:51 pm 

Oh, thinking good thoughts here too LP! :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:31 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Thanks everyone!
My birth plan got totally tossed out the window :-P oh well
I'm hooked up to an IV, I'm being pumped full of magnesium, the nurse doesn't think the dr will let me eat, I have to severely limit my fluid intake because of the magnesium, I can't use the shower, etc. yippee!!!!!!!

My bp is really high& the urine in my pee is really high so I'm just chillin in my hospital bed going with the flow.

They said the baby is happy as a clam and none of this has affected her and that's all I care about.
That and food. I'm so hungry everything I want seems to be non vegan food. I wanted pizza for awhile then inexplicably a ham sandwich (I don't even like ham) then I saw a cottage cheese commercial and I was like I want cottage cheese!!!!

The dr is gonna come see me soon and give me something to ripen my cervix. It sounds like this inducing business could take awhile. I'm pretty bored and my phone is almost dead.

My poor husband hasn't eaten anything all day either & I'm trying to convince him to go feed himself but I think he feels bad since I can't eat.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:38 pm 
And you never will.

Good luck Lisa, so exciting! Try and rest as much as possible now, you might not get another chance before the big moment!

LisaPunk wrote:
It sounds like this inducing business could take awhile.

Yes. That's why I suggested resting. I started pitocin at 6pm and pushed him out at 5:40pm. It might not take that long, but be prepared!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:17 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

Omg!!!! I get to eat food!!! Im so happy!!!!!!

This magnesium stuff is making me sleepy/woozy so ill definitely be taking advantage of rest time.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:22 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Good luck LisaPunk!! Wee! You're going to have a baby soon!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:28 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Ah, bummer about the BP etc Lisa, but I'm glad you're getting the help you need... and I hope the induction goes really well and that everyone's happy and healthy soon.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:50 pm 

Exciting, LP! I hope everything goes really well and I can't wait for the "she's here!" update.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:17 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

you got all your stuff? send your husband home NOW to get your phone charger and anything else you don't have. you're probably looking at a fairly longish wait.

i'd also start talking to your doctor about what will happen if you need a c/s. not sure what you've discussed this far, but with the mag and the protein and the inducement, if the baby's not handling it well, they're going to need to move fast. it's going to be much less stressful to talk about it now.

hugs! it's going to be fine! and you're gonna have baby so soon!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:33 pm 
Chip Strong

Woo! Good luck Lisa!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:39 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Good luck LisaPunk! I hope everything as smoothly as possible for you!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:28 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Ahh! Not what I was expecting to read... BabyPunk is on her way!! Best of luck MommaPunk!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 246, 247, 248, 249, 250, 251, 252 ... 312  Next