| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257 ... 312  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:49 pm 
Chip Strong

Seriously, I need some of your energy Crabby!

I have been feeling really down the last couple of days. I was hoping that I would do all of these fun things with Ada in these last few weeks with just her but I'm struggling just to get out and get everyday stuff done. And I just feel so guilty and sad because I know everything is going to be so different once the new baby is here. I actually cried a bunch yesterday which I really haven't done this pregnancy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:14 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Oh, Sashi, I'm so sorry you've been feeling down. Hormones are a bisque, aren't they? The third trimester is SO HARD sometimes. Even with all the shiitake I've been doing, I still need a nap, I sleep 9-12 hours a night, I tend to get a bit moody and have a shorter fuse than usual, I'm hungry all the time, I feel like I always have to pee, and I'm so easily distracted. I probably played that dumb bubble-popping game for 40 minutes late this morning when I should have been cleaning or something, but I thought I'd just check my email really quickly...
And spending time with the kids! Oi. I fell asleep the other morning trying to play with the kids and woke up to Raygold peeling up my eyelids and saying, "Open your eyes, Crabby!" At this point, I feel like it's enough if I read them a book every day, cuddle them in the mornings (the kids get me up at about 7, so we just lounge around and have fun and eat breakfast and stuff until about 10am), and tell them that I love them.

Just remember you are growing Ada a new little friend and try not to feel too badly if you don't take her on a wild and memorable adventure every day. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:02 pm 
Semen Strong

(((((Hugs to you sashi!))))) I think you're so awesome for doing so much with a high energy toddler and while pregnant - you did that amazing beach trip and so much fun stuff with her as a singleton! If you are up for another get together, let us know. And I can't believe Ada is already two! Happy Birthing anniversary to you and Happy Birthday to your beautiful baby girl!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:53 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

awww LisaPunk Charlotte is beautiful, she really doesn't seem like she has the 'tiny baby' look that some teeny bubbas have. Hope you guys are loving all the snuggles and getting used to being a family!

Crabby, you're a machine!!!

Sashi, I can't even imagine how tough being pregnant must be while looking after a toddler. I'm sure Ada still thinks you're awesome and won't mind a bit that you're not doing as many things as you'd planned!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:13 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

So today, I scrubbed all the crayon and coloured pencil off the walls and windows (Mr Crabby scrubbed off the pencil), wiped down and around all the dirty light switches, cleaned the smudges that have been slowly growing around the door knobs in the living room and green bedroom (from my kids opening the doors -- I swear, they wash their hands, so I don't know what's up with that), cleaned the sinks and the tub and the mirrors and mopped the bathroom floors, wrapped up Raygold's birthday sweater (I love that the kids are still at an age where they can watch me knit them something and then still get excited when I give it to them wrapped as a present), made a pan of no-bake granola bars (2-1/2c oats, 1c sunflower seeds or chopped nuts, 1/2c raisins, 2/3c nut butter, 1/2-ish c maple syrup or agave nectar or whatever), and am about to exercycle for 40 minutes. I wanted to do more, but I am beat (also my wrist is killing me from all that scrubbing)! I didn't even homeschool today.

Hopefully my nesting instinct will chill out once I run out of things to clean. ;p

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:27 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Ahhh, baby Charlotte is soo precious!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:00 pm 
Chip Strong

Thanks everyone. I'm feeling a bit better today. I managed to take Ada out for breakfast for her birthday and then my husband came home early so we were able to do some fun stuff this afternoon with her.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:11 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Happy birthday Ada!

Sashi, E was a similar age at the end of my second pregnancy and I remember really just dragging too... it is hard when you have a toddler to contend with as well as your super-pregnant self! Hang in there buddy.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:55 pm 
Chip Strong

So I've had like 8 or 9 braxton hicks contractions in the last hour. Kinda freaking out and drinking lots of coconut water. I guess I walked too much this afternoon?

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:15 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

sashi wrote:
So I've had like 8 or 9 braxton hicks contractions in the last hour. Kinda freaking out and drinking lots of coconut water. I guess I walked too much this afternoon?

I just get one after another after another if I walk too much or too fast or exercycle too hard. I had to run for a train a few weeks ago and felt like I was about to go into labour afterward, I had so many Braxton Hicks contractions. (I tend to get a lot of them anyway.)

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:18 am 
Chip Strong

They started spacing out after two hours of having them around ten minutes apart, but it really made me panic a bit. I'm not ready yet! I'm getting a bunch today too but no pattern or anything. I have a feeling this weekend is going to be a lot of getting things ready and done.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:48 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I have had Braxton Hicks contractions like whoa (like yours) a few times this pregnancy. Fortunately, the baby hasn't dropped (I actually felt Beetroot drop when I got up one morning) and I haven't lost my mucus plug, so they don't worry me. They sure make it hard to get stuff done, though!

I don't know what the fork was up earlier today, but I was sick and tired as a dog. I made waffles for everyone for breakfast and then when Mr Crabby got up, I just went back to bed. Then I got up and had horrible low blood sugar and felt all wibbly wobbly. So I ate a ton and felt sick sick sick and went back to bed. Eventually (3:30pm), I dragged my fat lazy asparagus out of bed and had some Gaviscon and now I feel fine! I made a huuuge pasta salad (enough for the 4 of us tonight and tomorrow), did a load of laundry (2-3 more to go), hung up the baby blankets (they smelled a bit stuffy after being in storage for so long, and am about to exercise, clean the foyer, and set up the pack'n'play bassinet-style. What a slacker! (But -- my god -- I feel so much better, I felt absolutely awful earlier.)

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:54 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I'm fourteen weeks now and finally getting belly-shaped instead of just bloated-looking. Although, I don't feel like you can tell yet in looser clothes. Belly pic with Inez photo bomb:

Happy belated birthday, Ada! You are going to be the coolest big sister. I can relate, sashi. I'm already stressing/feeling guilty about our dwindling "just one" time but I'm trying to keep it in perspective. Things will be very different, but hopefully they will also (eventually!) be really fun.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:04 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Pinko, you look so cute! Your bathroom is friggin' awesome, too!

When I was pregnant with Raygold, I sometimes wondered if I'd end up loving him just a teeny bit less than Beetroot because I was SO attached to Beety and I didn't know what I was going to do about that when Raygold arrived. And...I didn't have that supercrazy bond with Raygold immediately the way I did with Beetroot. I mean, I loved and adored him straight away, but I feel like it took a little more time to get the crazy mom-bond, but now I totally have it. But because this is my third pregnancy, I'm not so worried about not being able to spend as much time with the boys when the baby is wee. Raygold is WAY more attached to me than Beety ever was -- Beety was my little buddy, but Raygold is a total momma's boy -- so it will be interesting to see how he reacts to the new baby. He knows I'm growing a baby, but I'm not sure he quite realises that this means we are going to have an actual baby soon (he says I'm having twins -- Vax and Humf, whom he used to be pregnant with, but one day transferred Humf into my belly (it was hilarious)) and that he's pregnant with Lightning McQueen and Mater).

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:48 pm 
Chip Strong

Yay! Cute belly Pinko!

Crabby, that's one thing I worry about...how I could love another baby as much as Ada. But then I remember wondering how I could love anyone more than or as much as my husband when I was pregnant with Ada and obviously that all worked out :-)

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:25 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Pinko your belly is lovely! I'm 12 weeks and still just bloated-looking. I can't wait to pop just so I can lose my self-consciousness!

I'm also SO glad to hear that I'm not alone in worrying that I won't love #2 as much as my first. I'm having such a hard time thinking about Sven and my relationship changing/not being able to give him enough and if I can love someone else as fiercely as I love him. But I was so worried my whole first pregnancy about bonding with Sven and loving him right away, and then once he was born I was smitten and felt so silly for ever doubting the power of hormones! I know it may not happen the same way, but at least it's not so inconceivable this time around. But the pregnancy still barely feels real so it's hard to even imagine.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:16 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

All you mommas growing #2 (or 3!) are really giving me baby fever!

Pinko, your bump is adorable (and I love your bathroom too!)

CC, you are just crazy productive! Glad you are feeling better and checking more off your list of "all things."

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:52 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

it's funny, i worried about it a lot too. sometimes i feel like i'm on repeat with lydia. i love her the way i loved tzipi when she was a newborn, which is really totally different than how i love tzipi now, as a walking, talking person. especially since they look so much alike? sometimes i see her in a reflection as we pass by and i have this crazy deja vu moment. or i'll get into a real rhythm with her during the day, and i have to swim up out of this fog that it's not 3 years ago and i'm not looking after tzipi.

i have to say, i wasn't quite as crazy bonded with lydia as a newborn, but it was pretty healthy, i think... i was able to have other people take her and care for her without hovering over them. i kind of think it like, i used to have one heart. then tzipi was born and the heart grew... it hurt a bit while it was happening but then it felt normal and comfortable. then lydia was born, and my heart got split in two, and that really hurt and felt raw and bruised for a couple weeks, and now i have two, fully formed, functioning hearts beating away inside me. like how you can split a plant and it'll reroot and become two plants... they don't stay half sized.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:17 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I am almost 13 weeks and dear god I need to turn the corner into 2nd trimester so bad. I am so sick all the time and having a hard time finding things to eat. I can eat but it is cooking and preparing food that makes me seriously gag or throw up. I always make home made meals and lately I have pretty much only been eating premade stuff because I am so sick. the worst part is not being to make a varied diet for E. He has been eating so much premade stuff too.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:36 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Oh, tank. Almost my whole first trimester was like that - exhausted and sooooo sick and pretty much nothing but takeout and premade stuff. I felt bad, too, but really it's such a short period of time - it's not worth feeling guilty about what your kid is (or isn't) eating on top of feeling so awful in general. I've just started feeling better in the last couple weeks and now I'm pretty much my old, meal-planning, vegetable-eating self. I hope you turn the corner soon!

littlebird, that's a really lovely description.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 4:49 pm 
Chip Strong

I love how you put that littlebird.

Tank, it was like that for me until 17 or 18 weeks. Ada ate a lot of really quick easy meals. And to be honest it's a little like that now at 35 weeks because I'm just too tired to cook every meal for scratch.

I had an appointment with an obgyn today because to use the birthing center we need clearance from him. So I dragged myself and a napless Ada on the subway to his office and then waited 2 hours (!) to see him. And we saw him for maybe five minutes at most? I don't know how people go to him for their whole pregnancy and wait that long at every appointment. Anyway, he did an ultrasound and all looks good. We couldn't see much because the baby is all crammed in there but his guess for the baby's weight is 7 lbs 5 oz.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:13 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

littlebird wrote:

i have to say, i wasn't quite as crazy bonded with lydia as a newborn, but it was pretty healthy, i think... i was able to have other people take her and care for her without hovering over them. i kind of think it like, i used to have one heart. then tzipi was born and the heart grew... it hurt a bit while it was happening but then it felt normal and comfortable. then lydia was born, and my heart got split in two, and that really hurt and felt raw and bruised for a couple weeks, and now i have two, fully formed, functioning hearts beating away inside me. like how you can split a plant and it'll reroot and become two plants... they don't stay half sized.

This is so sweet!

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:53 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

thanks guys. i was going to come back and apologize for blathering all over the thread.

it IS really hard though, those of you who are adding a second. harder than i thought it would be, and i definitely felt very emotional and fragile about it for a few weeks after she was born. it's all good now though. so i guess, muscle on through to 6 months? now i feel like tzipi doesn't even really remember a time when lydia wasn't here, so i don't feel so concerned about her accepting her anymore.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:18 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I love having two kids so much! Not only does your heart have more than enough room, but you get to watch your little loves love each other (except when they don't, but mostly they do!). The beginning is the toughest part, but generally I've found it even better than having one. It felt great to be more confident with a newborn the second time around, and since we'd already gotten used to having to put our own needs second nothing felt as jarring.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:26 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

ismloveyoubobbybrown wrote:
I love having two kids so much! Not only does your heart have more than enough room, but you get to watch your little loves love each other (except when they don't, but mostly they do!). The beginning is the toughest part, but generally I've found it even better than having one. It felt great to be more confident with a newborn the second time around, and since we'd already gotten used to having to put our own needs second nothing felt as jarring.

yes, i definitely do like feeling like i more or less no what i'm doing with a baby. i'm enjoying my mat leave immensely more... i have mom friends already, i know how to get shiitake done fast, and i'm avoiding some of the issues i had the first time. we're not quite at the stage where they show love to each other though. or, they do, but it's generally not appreciated by either party yet. soon though, soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7792 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 251, 252, 253, 254, 255, 256, 257 ... 312  Next