| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 253, 254, 255, 256, 257, 258, 259 ... 299  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pregnancy Updates Thread
PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:37 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Haha -- every night, I feel the baby shimmy way down in my pelvis (last night, the little guy was poking me in my colon, I swear!) and wonder if tomorrow will be like when my contractions started with Reggie (I felt him kind of turn and descend into my pelvis the night before and my contractions started the next morning), but then it seems like every morning, the baby un-descends from my pelvis. ;p

Mr Crabby is going to a Real Ale Festival tomorrow evening and I made him promise to find a phone and call me half-way through to see if my labour has started. I don't think I'll pop tomorrow, even though I'd prefer to pop sooner than later.

Mmmmmm. Chickpea cutlets.

Totally OT, Sashi, your number of posts is 666 and it says "Hail Seitan!" above your icon. :D

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:48 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Ok, here are some belly pictures finally.

37 weeks and 2 days:

Most of the day Ada has my shirt up kissing, hugging, talking, tickling, rubbing, sharing toys with, etc. with the baby:

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:57 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Oh my gosh! I'm dying of the cuteness!

You look great! And you really are ALL out in front. So funny.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:23 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

So cute! You look amazing, sashi.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:22 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

That is pretty much the sweetest thing ever, sashi.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:25 am 
Naked Under Apron

Sashi, you are sticking out more forward than I am! (I'm carrying a bit wide as well as forward.) But I can't get a photo because Raygold broke my camera!!! Argh!!!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:47 am 
Naked Under Apron

Sashi, are you rather tall? I feel like a short, fat lump compared to you! ;D Your bump looks so wee and perfect, it's like you're not even pregnant otherwise!

I got an old digital camera kind-of working -- it wasn't working at all, but I pimp-slapped the bottom and got it to work temporarily, which is more than I can say for the camera Raygold broke. The pictures are low-res, though. Right before you are having a baby is a bad time for your kid to break your camera.

I took these this morning.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:35 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

You are both looking so fantastic! What lovely baby bellies! Love how your kids are in the photos with you! I hope you get to enjoy your time with your little ones before their new siblings arrive. So exciting, you guys!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:16 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

you guys look great!
very bumpalicious!!!

It's just funny to think that we could go through years of this, become the president of the damn country, and still, we'd be eating pasta with veggies at every. damn. function.~~Joyfulgirl

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:09 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Oh, baby bumps! Love them!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 6:09 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Ahh! Those are some super cute bumps! You both look ALL belly!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:23 pm 

TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
Sashi, are you rather tall? I feel like a short, fat lump compared to you! ;D Your bump looks so wee and perfect, it's like you're not even pregnant otherwise

Oh jeesh, you are far from a short fat lump! So cute! We are carrying very similarly. I'm not that tall...5' 5".

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:47 pm 
***LIES!!!***

You both look like you swallowed a watermelon seed. :)

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:13 pm 
Semen Strong

Bump-off! You are both supercute!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:50 am 
Naked Under Apron

sashi wrote:
TheCrabbyCrafter wrote:
Sashi, are you rather tall? I feel like a short, fat lump compared to you! ;D Your bump looks so wee and perfect, it's like you're not even pregnant otherwise

Oh jeesh, you are far from a short fat lump! So cute! We are carrying very similarly. I'm not that tall...5' 5".

Your bump looks like it's going to pop off and roll away, it's so cute. (You're taller than I am.)

I could not stop peeing last night. It was terrible. I must have had a lot of salty food and been holding a lot of water or something, but it was pretty bad and I never felt empty. I just wanted to sleep and had to keep getting up to pee every 30-60 minutes until after 1am. Then I woke up at 6 with a really full bladder. I didn't want to wake up the kids by leaving the room (they are in the other room, but they are light sleepers in the morning), but I couldn't hold it any more, so I peed (a TON) in their baby potty (I'm sure that looked hilarious) and went back to bed. Finally, I feel like I don't have to pee! Phew. ;p

Also, somebody stage an intervention because I can't stop cleaning. I thought it was over, but I guess not. I put the kids to bed later last night so I could vacuum 4 rooms, do laundry, put the dishes away, and load the dish washer (you should have seen me frantically looking for more dishes -- there weren't enough for a load and I *really* felt like I needed to start a load!!).

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:59 am 
Naked Under Apron

I don't think I'm anywhere near popping yet; it's only 10 days until my official due date. It would be nice to pop in May so all the boys have May birthdays, but I don't feel like anything is going on down there at the moment. I did a few days ago (I even had a few teeny tiny contractions), but it passed and now I am back to just feeling really big.

The cons of being pregnant right now: acne, peeing when I cough, waddling.
The pros: The acne and preggo fat face make me look a lot younger than 36 if I do say so myself; my hair is pretty awesome -- practically none falls out at all.

I'm still exercising 40 mins a day, every day (although I had my first day off in weeks yesterday because Mr Crabby had a paper due and then he went grocery shopping and I cleaned a ton), although it is getting HARD and takes longer than 40 minutes to do the routines because I have to take so many damn pee breaks!

I've been craving lettuce like crazy my entire pregnancy, but now I'm craving chana dahl, so I've been crock-potting it like crazy and basically having it like a curried soup.

How soon can you start exercising hardcore after having a SVD assuming there are no complications (like no haemorrhaging)? I'm thinking of getting P90X and doing it this summer, but I also imagine I won't be up for it until the baby is about 3 or 4 weeks old. I wonder what exercises I'll be up for in the meantime. I'll take a few days off after I pop, but assuming everything is normal, I'd like to start exercising every day again. It's a good habit for me to be in.

Oh, well. Back to cleaning!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:44 am 
Inflexitarian

Getting close Crabby! You are making me want some chana dahl now...

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:59 pm 

Still hanging in over here too. The baby has dropped way way down though. I thought the kid was going to head butt his or her way out of me last night. Every time I got up to walk I had to stop because I felt a lot of pressure and a little person pushing down hard. So I guess it could be any day! Or you know, two weeks. I'm not having anything but lots of random braxton hicks as of now.

Mmmm...Chana Dahl. I've been eating a ton of these Ethiopian spicy lentils and injera that our food coop sells in the prepared food fridge. And lots of cold watermelon. It's been horribly hot and humid here the last few days.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:28 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

sashi, I've been thinking of you with this disgusting weather here. Apparently relief is on the way but I'm sure it's been uncomfortable! you are sooo close yay!

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:07 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

oh god i peed my pants through my entire pregnancy almost. it was awful.
somewhere in the 2nd trimester i got a bad cold and was coughing constantly and i had to start wearing pads and i packed an extra pair of underwear in my purse JUST IN CASE.
then towards the end of my 3rd trimester i was peeing my pants all the time again.

i cant believe you exercise 40 mins a day!!! that's awesome! i barely worked out when i was pregnant though i did feel like shiitake all the time so maybe i had an excuse. even now i feel awesome if i make it out of the house to walk one of the dogs.

i cant believe you are still cleaning! what is left/??
i seem to have post partum nesting. i write down a few small tasks to do the next day every night and im slowly working my way through the house when i have time. my fridge is nice and clean and organized now! so proud!

It's just funny to think that we could go through years of this, become the president of the damn country, and still, we'd be eating pasta with veggies at every. damn. function.~~Joyfulgirl

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:20 pm 
Nailed to the V

holy wow look at those bellies! I think it's so incredible what our bodies can do, growing a whole new person inside us, and it's amazing to me how different each belly looks - I sure never carried like either of you two, you look AMAZING!
So exciting that we get to meet Vax and Ada v2.0 so soon!

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:51 pm 
Naked Under Apron

LisaPunk wrote:
oh god i peed my pants through my entire pregnancy almost. it was awful.
somewhere in the 2nd trimester i got a bad cold and was coughing constantly and i had to start wearing pads and i packed an extra pair of underwear in my purse JUST IN CASE.
then towards the end of my 3rd trimester i was peeing my pants all the time again.

i cant believe you exercise 40 mins a day!!! that's awesome! i barely worked out when i was pregnant though i did feel like shiitake all the time so maybe i had an excuse. even now i feel awesome if i make it out of the house to walk one of the dogs.

i cant believe you are still cleaning! what is left/??
i seem to have post partum nesting. i write down a few small tasks to do the next day every night and im slowly working my way through the house when i have time. my fridge is nice and clean and organized now! so proud!

That reminds me -- I still need to wipe down the inside of my refrigerator! I have plenty of cleaning to do otherwise, though. Mr Crabby, Beety, and Raygold go through a lot of laundry and dishes and B&R are great at leaving crumbs everywhere and generally wrecking havoc. I try to limit myself to only cleaning one room a day these days and also either doing dishes (just loading/unloading the dishwasher and a few dishes by hand, so no big deal) or laundry.

I feel like I pee so often, there shouldn't be much pee ready to fly out when I cough, but then some rogue piece of saliva will go down the wrong pipe. The other day, Beety really wanted to tell me something and I was all, "hang on, honey, I have to go change my clothes." He was not accepting that as a valid excuse to not listen to him until I said I peed in my pants (I know pants in the US means trousers and not underpants like it does here, but in this case, I peed through both) and then he thought it was hilarious.
Thank you for not saying to do kegels. It's not like I don't do them, there are just some circumstances (late prgnancy, early post-partum, and whenever I have a cold or a cough for more than a few days) where pee leaks seem totally unavoidable.

This is the first time I've really exercised during a pregnancy. I walked all the time when I was pregnant with Beety, but I was nauseous pretty much 24/7 with Raygold and didn't do much of anything. I only started exercising a few months before I got knocked up this time and didn't want to break the habit. (I always swore I'd exercise regularly starting "sometime in my 30s" and I don't want to give it up because I am kind of OCD about health and longevity (i.e., I'm terrified of dying) and read that exercising every day is really good for your lifespan.)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:59 pm 
Dislikes Rick Santorum

i found that when i tried to practice kegels it made me want to pee so i didnt do them as often as i probably should have

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:01 am 
Naked Under Apron

Hahaha, LP, kegels make me feel like I have to pee sometimes, too!

Man, I thought last night was the night! I had a few contractions and lots of lower back pain (I never get lower back pain, which is why I thought it was it!) and after 2 hours of not being able to sleep from the back pain, I thought I'd better get up, put rollers in the top of my hair (I know, it's so silly, I was convinced I needed good hair during labour -- what the fizzle?), and eat something. 2 crumpets later and all the pain was gone. *grumble* I think the guy was just burrowing down into my pelvis and stopped when I got up.
When I told Mr Crabby this morning, he was convinced I just couldn't sleep because I was hungry, even though that has never happened to me in my life! I think I'm carrying a little differently today, but Mr Crabby said he couldn't tell. ;p

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:26 am 

You guys...we're in a cab to go to the midwife because I am definitely in some sort of labor. 6 min apart contractions and leaking all sorts of stuff. And I'm sad because Ada didn't wake up before we left :-( Eeek!

Reply to topic  [ 7460 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 253, 254, 255, 256, 257, 258, 259 ... 299  Next